“Place is nice, food and service...bleh”
Review of Kitchenette

Kitchenette
Ranked #944 of 8,489 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kitchenette Restaurant & Crêperie is a heart-warming concept from Ismaya Group, where you are the heart and soul of our kitchen. Kitchenette is now open to serve you home-cooked goodness, great coffee, and various fresh off-the-kitchen comfort foods.The basic premise behind Kitchenette’s concept is to create a social space, in form of a restaurant/café that portrays the experience of dining inside a kitchen of a friend whose family members love to cook.The design of the space is full of kitchen cabinet, kitchen equipments, and kitchen accessories, integrated with a bit of ‘structured messiness’. The space is also cozy, ‘homey’, and casual. It portrays the friendly atmosphere that you feel when entering a friend’s house/kitchen. This concept works throughout the day - from brunch and all throughout lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, to late night social drinks.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The moment i saw the menu i was like hmm..not so many choices for main dishes and also some of the menu were not avalable. I had a hard time choosing. Finally i ordered mac n cheese and my sister ordered chicken pot pie which was new in the menu. Mac n cheese was just alright, i would not say that it was delicious because it was dry, not creamy at all. And the taste was like cheap cheese. While my sister's chicken pot pie was not better than my mac n cheese. It was too watery and too salty. The place was nice and the service was okay but i don't think i would be going there again. The food is sort of overpriced with the portion and taste. I guess i expected good food just because the place is nice. I went to the one in central park.
Also actually the waitress came to bring my sister's food and accidentally knocked the spoon of oil salad dressing. Because he put down the dish really roughly as if he was angry. Didnot say sorry, put the spoon back in the bowl, leaving the spoon handle oily so we had to clean the handle off ourselves.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

went here for friday night hang-out with 8 of my friends. the service was good but THE FOOD WAS TO BE AVOIDED.
I had the Leon galette, it tasted burned, dry, not buttery as it's supposed to be, the sausage was hard, the chili spinach wasn't even supposed to be there. the only good thing was my coffee which was Illy brand, so it wasn't really theirs.

Another thing is it was overpriced. 59k for Leon + 28k for the coffee. I don't mind paying that sorta money if it was good, but obviously it wasn't

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friends decided to have dessert after lunch. We picked kichenette since we craved of crepes. So far only a few good crepes in jakarta. I think kichenette is one of the good one.

We shared crepes and garlic truffle fries and some beers and wines. The crepes and fries is quite okay, maybe i am a truffle freak as well.

The down side is only the hygene of this cafe. I found a fly on my wine. I was pissed off. Since the wine also not a nice one i refused the waitres when she offer me another glass.

This experience is not my first experience, i found a hair in my lemonade glass when the first time i came to kitchenette.

I think for kichentte should maintain its hygine since it is owned by reputable group, ismaya group.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Upon our arrival at the restaurant at around 11:30 on Sunday, the dining room was still half empty. The restaurant is inside a stand-alone structure, sharing with its sister restaurant Pizza e Birra. It is located in the outdoor complex, between the main shopping mall and the tribeca building. As we entered the restaurant, we were greeted with the garden themed dining room, which served orders from both Kitchenette and Pizza e Birra. The main dining room for Kitchenette were to the right side of the entrance door, and solely for orders from the Kitchenette menu.

To start our Sunday brunch, we ordered hot premium tea, Hazelnut Mocha and a few Fresh squeezed Kiwi juices.
Hazelnut Mocha - Rp 38k
Fresh squeezed Kiwi - Rp 28k

We ordered Baked Enchilada and 3 orders of savory galettes: Gusteau, Eduoard, and Nicholas. A galette is a savory buckwheat flour pancakes.

The Baked Enchilada was similar to the toppings for Nachos appetizer in other restaurants. The tortilla were served with meat sauce, jalapeno, cheese and sour cream. It tasted very good in my opinion.

The galette crepes were little overcooked, hence the dark brown appearance. Although they tasted great, there weren't enough fillings inside them. For a restaurant that is well known for their crepes dish, I was hoping they were served with more variations of fillings such as mushroom, spinach, chicken breast, caramelized onions, etc. inside one crepe entree. Despite the shortcomings, they were quickly filling our stomachs and we waited quite some time before we ordered the dessert.

The Gusteau consisted of mozarella cheese, rosemary, bacon and roasted potatoes. The crepe itself was great, filled with cheese and turkey bacon. However, the roasted potatoes are not cubed, fluffy within, roasted potatoes, but they were thinly sliced. The potatoes were slightly too crispy, felt like having potato chips.
Gusteau - Rp 59k

The Eduoard consisted of mushroom, ham and mozzarella cheese. Tasted pretty good. I'd remove the mayo, as the mushroom would have tasted better without the mayo.
Edouard - Rp 69k

The Nicholas consisted of bacon, sausage, beef patties, ham, cheese, and a teaspoon of dry chili. It tasted similar to meat lover's pizza, except that it was served on a galette. All four meats actually tasted great, although the beef patties were a tad overcooked. The dry chili was a nice addition to the meats. One can't really go wrong on this meal, if one is craving for a crepe with lots of meat fillings.
Nicholas - Rp 75k

The Marie-Lou sweet crepe consisted of nutella, banana, whipped cream and a scoop of chocolate ice cream, topped with chocolate fudge and grated cheese. The crepe tasted really good and the ice cream wasn't too sweet. I thought the grated cheese was on the saltier side. None of the less, the chocolate fudge was sweet enough to balance out the saltiness of the cheese.
Marie-Lou Rp 55k

Overall, Kitchenette is a comfortable place to meet friends. The crepes were good, but I can't really describe anything special about them. Of course, if you are in the vicinity of Central Park or around West Jakarta area, I think this would be as good as it gets.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

As with other eateries from Ismaya group, this place is a trendy place at an upscale mall. Food is decent, nothing spectacular. Service is a bit amateurish. Too bad.

1  Thank 2002yahoo