All reviews hectic jakarta guesthouse ita hosts indonesia ac comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2013

To the Martim Guesthouse we arrived from the airport by taxi. The journey took about 1, 5 hours due to traffic jams. Return the way to the airport on Sunday was faster, just one hour. Before arrival the owner gave me the necessary guidance and told us how much can cost a taxi journey from the airport. Marti Guesthouse is beautifully place, where you feel like at home. Great place away from the hustle and bustle of the city, in a quiet area, well-maintained green garden. Extremely nice owners, very helpful, and to the great Indonesian food prepared on site.
Upon arrival we get dinner, beautifully presented Indonesian dishes, one of the best we eate on Java. Outside table with chairs where we spend nice evening.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will return to Jakarta and The Maritim Guest House in the future.

Best regards,
Don & Ita

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We only stayed one night, and so we thought we would be snubbed because we would not be giving Maritim Guest House too much business. But we were wrong. Soulfulness and mindfulness are hallmarks of owners Don and Ita Smith no matter who you are -- from the very helpful email instructing us to take the Bluebird taxi from the airport (to protect us from getting ripped off) to the hot tea and raisin cookies and the barefoot Don serving these himself upon our very early 3am arrival. Food was wonderful, all homemade recipes, my serving was practically good for two; the location at Cilandak very convenient as it is in South Jakarta, Indonesia's most modern face, and we were lucky to see and experience it vis-a-vis the culture and tradition that we got loads of in Bali on the second leg of our trip. Being very social, Don and Ita recommended restos and resorts for our Bali trip, and they all checked out wonderfully. We will definitely see them again soon (Inshallah) and ask all my Jakarta-bound friends to do the same!

Room tip: Any room is good, it's a small house located in a quiet part of town.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your thoughtful review. Every guest is most welcome at The Maritim Guest House no matter how many nights they stay with us. Whoops, I guess I'd better remember to put my shoes on! Hahah. We want guests to feel at home in a relaxed environment. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Jakarta!

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week to be near family. It is possible to get anywhere in Jakarta from this location but being in a large city certain times of the day are busier than others. Ita is very knowledgable about how and when to travel. Staying here was so good from many aspects for us(especially the lovely meals). Every guest will benefit from the local knowledge and kindnesses from the hosts Ita, Don and their competent staff. Maritim was full the whole time we were there so don't leave booking too late as you will miss out on a very special place.

Date of stay: May 2013
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and nice comments. We are glad we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back again! Best regards, Don & Ita

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for about 2 weeks in June/July this year and had a great time. Room was spacious, everything worked and meals were excellent. Service was good.
Don and Ita were excellent hosts and I had a memorable stay.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope one day you and your wife too, will come stay with us again. With best regards, Don & Ita

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hello From Angola. I stayed at this Guest house twice during my backpacking trip to Indonésia. After arriving from more two days of flight connections I arrived at 4.00 AM and had a homemade apple pie and tea waiting for me. First night I sleapt so well that instead of waking up at 8, I overslept until 1.00pm. The guest house is very personal, clean and the home made breakfast and dinner are perfect. Everything is very professional mixed with friendly and personal service. Ita was incredible taking care of me, helping me organizing my remain trip. I highly recommend this guest house.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Joana_Rosario

Wow, thanks for the wonderful review. We are glad we appeared to exceed your expectations. This is a challenge for us as with so many great reviews, we are not complaining about that, guests naturally expect more and more. We are planning more improvements to our guest house, stay tuned! Best regards, Don & Ita