“Best choice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jakarta
The Maritim Guest House
Ranked #10 of 342 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week to be near family. It is possible to get anywhere in Jakarta from this location but being in a large city certain times of the day are busier than others. Ita is very knowledgable about how and when to travel. Staying here was so good from many aspects for us(especially the lovely meals). Every guest will benefit from the local knowledge and kindnesses from the hosts Ita, Don and their competent staff. Maritim was full the whole time we were there so don't leave booking too late as you will miss out on a very special place.

• Stayed: May 2013
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and nice comments. We are glad we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back again! Best regards, Don & Ita

There are newer reviews for The Maritim Guest House

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for about 2 weeks in June/July this year and had a great time. Room was spacious, everything worked and meals were excellent. Service was good.
Don and Ita were excellent hosts and I had a memorable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope one day you and your wife too, will come stay with us again. With best regards, Don & Ita

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hello From Angola. I stayed at this Guest house twice during my backpacking trip to Indonésia. After arriving from more two days of flight connections I arrived at 4.00 AM and had a homemade apple pie and tea waiting for me. First night I sleapt so well that instead of waking up at 8, I overslept until 1.00pm. The guest house is very personal, clean and the home made breakfast and dinner are perfect. Everything is very professional mixed with friendly and personal service. Ita was incredible taking care of me, helping me organizing my remain trip. I highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joana_Rosario

Wow, thanks for the wonderful review. We are glad we appeared to exceed your expectations. This is a challenge for us as with so many great reviews, we are not complaining about that, guests naturally expect more and more. We are planning more improvements to our guest house, stay tuned! Best regards, Don & Ita

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Don and Ita are great hosts. They clearly love engaging with their guests and are very kind people. They have a comfortable home and a talented cook who can whip up delicious cakes, breads and some local dishes. Unfortunately, being in Jakarta, there is no public transport close by and the traffic is appalling which makes getting around to see the real Jakarta a particular challenge. I understand that they can arrange a driver if one's budget allows. During my stay, the driver was already booked but Ita was kind enough to take me around shopping centres one day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review us! We no longer rely on one driver as we once did. Now we have a chart of reasonably priced charges to gain access to drivers and cars....we are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us regarding getting around town. The traffic is something that remains a challenge for all of us in Jakarta! Many guests like to take the busway, especially when they are going up to Kota and all points north. Ita and I send our warm regards to you! Don & Ita

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a great stay at Maritim guest house. Ita and the staff looked after me very well and made me feel very much at home. Location was very convenient for me which was a bonus! Breakfast was also a highlight! Great value for money and no hesitation in recommending it as somewhere to stay to get away from the big hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Ita is so pleased to receive your generous remarks. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. Thank you! Best regards, Don & Ita

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is located in nice and quit street of Jakarta (yes, it's possible). The service is excellent just like the food (everything is homemade, healthy and fresh). Ita made us feel very special and her staf cooked us delicious breakfasts and diners! We would love to come back once to his very special place. If you visit Jakarta this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your complimentary remarks. We are so so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you can return to enjoy all the new baked goodies coming out of our kitchen! All the best to you. Best regards, Don & Ita

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at MGH for about a month this summer and absolutely enjoyed my time at there. The guesthouse is perfect: small (and therefore personal), very clean, has AC and good wifi, and the two meals a day are both delicious and very convenient as I never had to think about where to eat breakfast or dinner. In addition to my very comfortable room, MGH also has a large common space used for meals, a front porch, and a large garden where I often took a book to read.

The location is also very convenient. I had research-related work in South Jakarta and had to go into Jakarta Pusat (Central Jakarta) several times as well -- although Jakarta traffic can definitely be a headache, the MGH is convenient to the toll road and several other major roads in the city.

It was a pleasure to stay for so long at the MGH. Don & Ita were attentive and incredibly friendly owners. I will definitely be staying at Maritim the next time I am in Jakarta.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review. We appreciate your kind attention. Best regards, Don & Ita