The Maritim Guest House
$90
$66
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat hostshectic jakartajakarta airportguesthouseitaindonesiaaccomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Renovated from a humble old home, the owner itself, Ita, helped by Ratna welcomes me with sweet promises, such as banana cake, wheat breads, and apple cake!
Spotless and spacy room, not to mention cool room and the old green flooring makes my heart at ease. A great dinners with Indonesian home-cooked food, always accompanied by great conversations! The meat was superb, the chicken was amazing, and the fresh veggie a la Indonesia is a hearty meal after a long hectic day in Jakarta.
Coming back from the streets means to have delectable Ratna's cookies and baked goods, along with ice coffee on the sides, and always have quiet and glad stillness.
The garden at the back is reminding of my grandparents garden, there's this stray cats who just rubbed her tails on me and let me stroked her back under the sun.
They are currently having a small pavillion renovated, and it was bathed in sunshine. Love to stay there next time!
Don even greet me on the phone, eventhough he's not around!
Big cheers for Don and Ita, Ratna too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

On behalf of all of us, we would like to thank you very much for your great description of your experience at the guest house, with us and with the other guests. We are so happy you were pleased with our service. We never pretend to be perfect, we wish to always improve and continue to adjust our guest house to meet the needs of our guests as best as we can. Yes, its true we are about to open a new room next door on the adjoining property. I cannot wait to do more work on the garden, to enhance the beautiful trees in that area of the property. One day we plan a small open air but screened cafe overlooking the trees and the garden on that side of the property so guests will have a nice room with a view to enjoy their meals. We appreciate your time to write this review. Cheers.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place is really great. Clean rooms, wonderful service, great bathrooms (good water pressure in the shower, hot water, etc), fast wifi. The staff are all lovely and friendly and so helpful, the food is awesome, and the whole environment is a wonderful respite from the madness of Jakarta. We would stay here again no question.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank k p
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thanks so much for taking your time to write a glowing review on MGH. The pleasurable difference for me between the larger properties I have managed in the past and MGH is that we can give more personal attention, when needed or appropriate, to each guest which is something we enjoy to do.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is a clean guest house with good rooms. It is in a safe neighborhood. The owners are very friendly and it is easy to talk with them and the other guests. The food is freshly cooked or baked and is great. I felt very much at home and well taken care of. One evening, I was coughing a bit in my room and in 2 minutes, there was a knock on the door. When I opened, it was the owner with a packet of fisherman's friend saying, "this will help". I would recommend this place to anyone who plans to visit Jakarta.

Room Tip: They have 8 rooms and all are good
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your informative comments regarding our guest house. It is true I had noticed when we were talking earlier in the evening that you had a bit of a cough, thus I thought you might need a bit of relief with some cough lozenges. I am glad it made a difference during your stay with us.

We do make freshly baked goods for the guests to enjoy in the mornings.

We appreciate your time to write in to Tripadvisor regarding your experiences at our guest house!

Kind regards,
Don & Ita

Reviewed July 2, 2012

just got back from a 18 day stay in and around Jakartra...I found a real GEM!
Not sure which would rate the highest, the fabulous and authentic Indo. meals, the super knowledgeable owners, or the really interesting guests that stay there.
For a very reasonable price I got a very clean and modern room, served 2 meals of delicious traditional food using produce from their organic garden (which you can browse around) and met some great people that I will stay in touch with.
Can't thank Don and Eta Smith enough. Very knowledgeable about the area and just so fun to sit and chat with.

Room Tip: don't think there is a bad room ... I was in 2 different ones
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzanne S
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thanks much Susan for your generous review. We enjoyed our talks with you too. It was fun to have you as our guest. You are missed by us! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Jakarta. Take care! Don & Ita

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I would highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone passing through Jakarta that is looking for comfort, calm and value for money. I stayed here on two seperate occasions for work and I cannot recommend it highly enough!.

The highlight is definately the food. Healthy homemade Indonesian dishes that are devine and breakfast that comes with freshly baked banana bread and muffins!. In addition, the hosts (Don and Ita with the help of Ratna) will adapt menus for your dietary needs!

The house itself is spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I could also exercise on Ita's treadmill and continue working using the broadband in my room. I really dont think i can do justice in this review to the hard work, attentiveness and perfected hospitality that i experienced when i stayed at Maritim. As a regular traveller for work, i often end up in overbearing hotels that are not pitched towards my kind of travel - comfortable, healthy and hassel free. Maritim Guesthouse meets all this and more.

Life in 'the big durian' (Jakarta) is hard but its made much easier if you stay at MaritimGuest House!

Room Tip: There are 8 rooms and all are very comfortable but if you want more space ask for a 'queen' room. I stayed in room 5 which is the smallest and felt very sad to leave it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AndreaMcPherson
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you Andie for your nice review. We are so pleased to know you, to have you as our guest, and to read you enjoy our hospitality. It makes our efforts all worth while when we receive such positive feedback! We appreciate you repeatedly choosing us as your home base while you are visiting and working in Jakarta. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Warm regards, Don & Ita