“Nice ambiance, very average food”

Union Plaza Senayan
Ranked #104 of 7,856 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice ambiance, very average food”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

As a European living in Jakarta I'm always on the lookout for places that allow you to sit outside/have a garden etc. When we went to Union the windows/glass doors were wide open looking into the courtyard and it made for a really nice atmosphere. Unfortunately the service and the food was quite disappointing. The waitresses were arrogant/impolite and the food was very average. I would come back for a brunch with girlfriends maybe, but don't do dinner there. They do have a bakery part to it and I've bought some pretty good bread there (though it's worth asking if it's fresh). As far as I know the place is owned by the same people who are behind Loewy and Cork&Screw etc.

• Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy lamb chops and amazing desserts”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was our first trip to Union and we had an amazing dinner. I had the lamb chops, which were amazing. Definitely order the lamb chops. I also enjoyed the french onion soup starter. My fellow diners had the baramundi fish with scallops. The scallops were nice. I thought the baramundi crust was a bit overcooked. It was a bit blackened. I didn't eat it. However, the flesh was tender. I don't know if I would try the baramundi again because of the improper cooking. We had two desserts, the molten cake and bread pudding. Both were excellent. The tables are close together and it is a bit noisy. But, what do you expect for a happening place. It isn't cheap. But, I still left happy! In sum, we were very happy with the hip ambience, service, and food. We would definitely return. (It is located at Plaza Senayan-but you enter the restaurant from the side near the Sogo and Starbucks).

• Visited May 2013
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Great place and good food.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The place is very cozy to hangout located at plasa senayan. tried a couple of menu and they taste good. but i think a bit overpriced.

Visited March 2013
“Dont Miss The Dessert”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Look for different ambience of restaurant in the heart of Jakarta? Union is the answer. Everytime I sit there to enjoy food, my mind flies to my memories when I travelled to Europe. Not only the ambience that I enjoy so much, but also the food selections especially the dessert.... My Goodness.... dont miss it... perhaps comes during tea time.... enjoy the tea, cake and the afternoon sun shine.... perfect

Visited February 2013
“Good bar, fun place.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a drink in here on Sunday afternoon, didnt eat so cannot comment on the food.

The place is long and narrow and so does feel quite crowded. No separation between the bar area and some of the tables which if i was eating there i wouldnt like. Also gets very smoky, clearly Jakarta hasnt yet embraced the smoke free environment that the rest of the world has!

It was pretty packed, clearly quite a popular venue. The bar staff were good, the guys I were with decided to sample a range of cocktails each more ridiculous than the last but they seemed to enjoy them. I stuck to Bloody Mary's and they were absolutely excellent, though the production of them was rather convoluted and time consuming!

• Visited May 2013