“Definitely To Go for Spanish Food in Jakarta”
Review of Tapas Movida - CLOSED

Tapas Movida
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was more than happy to find this restaurant in Jakarta, because Spanish restaurant is something new. I came here twice, once with my friends and the other on with my boyfriend.
The place is nice, set just like Spanish home, they also have outdoor area.
Try all the specialities there, like Paella (very big, have to share at least 4 persons), lamb shank (very good), also the finger foods before main dishes. They have sangria too, what a festive!
The cook, Spanish guy (I guess), oftenly came down to say hi and ask about the foods.
Overall, I recommend this place if you want to try an authentic Spanish foods, with a good service and good taste

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you want to try Spanish food, then you come to the right place.
I came here with 4 friends.
We ordered paella, grilled salem, tapas, and several desserts (strawberry millefeuilles) and drinks.
The taste is excellent.
The paella portion is quite big (since it is a 6-8 portion size maybe?).
As a fish lover, the grilled salem is delicious, and the price is not too expensive compared to the other dishes.
This place is cozy enough if you want to spend many hours. Me and my friends stayed almost 4-5 hours during our visit.
I will definitely come back to this place someday.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went for a family lunchtime meal on Mothers Day. 4 Adults and 2 children.
Good ambience and great service.

We had some great tapas, very tasty indeed, followed by one great big paella pan with lots of seafood. The deal included 4 jugs of Sangria, sounds a lot, but a whole lot of fruit and pretty weak.
I would certainly visit again to try different dishes.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went on the 14th of Feb for the set menu dinner. We choose the celeriac and apple soup, grilled salmon for mains, and toffee pudding. The whole menu was good but the salmon was excellent. Apart from V day, the reason we came was to try the grilled chorizo which was almost the best we've tasted - anywhere! The restaurant was almost fully booked on the night so it was obvoiusly very popular. Recommended!

1  Thank Vangie G
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Overall we were happy with our visits to this restaurant. We live within walking distance from the restaurant and it is convenient for us as traffic is horrible most evenings along that road and the surrounding area.
The restaurant is well managed by the western owner, he manages to ensure that the service and food is consistent in quality.
The only real problem we have with the restaurant is that it is extremely smokey, we sat in the non smoking section but the smoke from from the smoking section completely filled the restaurant. When we got home after eating our clothes and skin stank of cigarettes, it was disgusting and I needed to shower and change my clothes. Hopefully the manager will change this and dedicate just the outside space for those that want to smoke while dining.