“Feel the French ambience.”
Review of Bistro Baron

Bistro Baron
Ranked #389 of 7,846 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
HCMC
“Feel the French ambience.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The first thing I heard about this place was essentially French. Nice decoration, nice atmosphere, …
The ingredients were fresh and the foods were amazing. I chose Fish and Chip for my parent and Steak Tartare for me. What a delicious meal! Loved it!
The prices were a bit expensive but the services were great, quickly and exactly.
Highly recommend for all !!!

• Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
“Fine food, French and otherwise...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in the Plaza Indonesia area, this is the go-to spot when am hankering for savory mash potatoes! The French quiet cafe ambience and delicious drinks make it an appealing draw to a variety of restaurant goers, from families to singles to expats to couples to groups of friends. Will keep coming back to this quality establishment!

• Visited August 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Decided to eat here because they don't use any msg or preservatives in their food which is a bit of an anomaly for Jakarta restaurants. Neither my wife or my daughter react well to msg. There were five of us including two children and despite being quite cosy little restaurant we there was plenty of space and the staff were very children friendly.
The four dishes that we ordered were very nice and the portions were a good size. The premises were comfortable and quiet. The coffee was also very good and for those of you who are Nespresso afficcianodos they have that option as well. The only thing that stopped me from giving 5 stars was that the staff could have been a little more attentive but that was a minor issue. The prices are not cheap but certainly not overly expensive in comparison with other restaurants in Jakarta malls.
I'll definitely be heading back there again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Craig S
Pattaya, Thailand
“Service lacks attention to details”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I visit baron frequently and usulay I am quit happy with the food,typical good quality bistro meals.
However the portion sizes are not always same,or should be increase, especialy the appetizers are quit small and not always of good taste,either not enough dressing or the puff pastry is not fresh.Service is not attentive enough,they chatting at the entrance then looking after the few guest they have.Drinks are often served not in the right temperature or coming with a warm glass.Overall I still like this restaurant but hope they can fix this problems and also change the menu more frequently,its getting bit boring.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JohnFeld28
Brisbane, Australia
“Tricked into entering”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was recently looking for somewhere to grab a bit to eat after a late movie when I came upon Bistro Baron. I enquired about if they were non-smoking which they said they were not - tick. I looked over the menu and saw that they had a wide range of opitons - tick. So I decided to take a table and dine in. When it came time to take my order I was then told that there was only 3 menu options at that time of night - tricked! Oh well it was too late - I ordered the Fish and Chips and it was hot and tasty. The drinks were cold and there was an extensive range on offer. The service efficient and attentive. The price I thought was reasonable for the standard of food and drinks served. Overall I enjoyed my dining exeprience but I just came away feeling a little cheated.

• Visited June 2013