Pullman Jakarta Central Park
Ranked #25 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went to Pullman Kakarta in August 2013 as part of a scouting trip with a view moving there as an expat. It was our first visit in Jakarta. We managed to get a room at the executive floor. We were pleasantly surpised at the kindness of the staff for a Hotel which is more for business travellers. The executive lounge was wonderfull as we could have breakfast there as well as cocktail which was more like a dinner. Hotel was clean and quality excellent - Bravo.

A very special thanks to Widi jaya Prihandani who went out of his way to advice us where to visit in Jakarta to find for our appartment for our move there - his help was essential.

I travel quite a bit for my work so I guess I write very little about Hotels I stay in, but I think my exprience at the Pullman justifies a note on trip advidor

Room Tip: Try the Spa its great - and if you can for the executive room with a view on the park
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear SHAKYBB,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your wonderful review that is posted on the TripAdvisor.

My team & I are pleased to know that we have been part of your satisfactory experiences. Moreover, your personalized compliments about our associates have been passed on to them and they are thankful to accept such a valuable feedback from you.

Once again thank you and I look forward to having you as one of our guests again in the near future.

With best regards,

Fabrice Mini

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Usually stay in the business district at the Inter-Continental hotel but friends had recommended this as an alternative. Situated on top of a huge mall with a decent amount of local bars and restaurants nearby as well so you can wander outside which is a welcome change for Jakarta. The hotel is funky and filled with contemporary art pieces so its either your taste or not but it makes a change from the usual hotel decor. The service is very attentive - to the point of becoming annoying. You cannot do anything for yourself as staff want to pour your drinks, carry your every bag, etc etc but that is a small niggle. Otherwise, they are lovely and friendly and always available. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished. The best shower in South East Asia! Will definitely consider a return visit soon!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a club room which is worth it for the breakfast and extra included
1  Thank David T

Dear David T,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I would like to sincerely thank you for spending your time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel and sharing it to the TripAdvisor readers.

It is pleasing to learn that you have taken pleasure wat our distinctive interior design as well as the shower and the fact that our strategic location which is adjacent to Central Park Mall has benefited you.

I highly appreciate to the overly attentive feedback you have brought to our attention. Nevertheless, I would like to inform you that we strive to present our hotel and its service as the warmest possible hospitality where our guests could embrace the outmost comfort. However, I would like to sincerely apologize if you have somehow discomforted by it.

Once again, thank you and your future arrivals are certainly truly awaited.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

First time I came to Jakarta for almost 4 years and used to stay in Shangri-la.
First impression was really good of the lobby, kind of factory look which is very surprising for an hotel in Asia but a very good surprise.
Of course staff were very polite, as usual for any hotel in Asia and exactly what you can expect from Pullman hotel standard.
My room was on the 2nd floor which is actually very high.room is a it smaller that I usually expect in Asia from a big hotel. The design of the room is a bit Art Deco with the frame and still modern with the furniture. Flat screen a bit smaller again but since the room is not that big it makes sense.
The bed is one the most comfortable i ever experience with big fluffy pillow, basically all you need to have to have a good rest since the room is very quiet too.
I love the bathroom design even tough it is true privacy are not really here if you travel with a friend, but a great idea for the design (rain shower, wooden floor inside shower, literally shower in middle of the room...)
For the food I order room service which came very quickly, not expensive and very good and friendly waiter. Food was great with a good plating also.
I went down for breakfast next morning, and the choice was very wide, from sushi to fried rice with also pastries Indian food and eggs. If the choice is wide, the food was lacking of flavour to my taste. A recognition to be made by the management to Alexis the person in charge of the pastries which made really good stuff and very pleasant to talk with, truly a very good assess to the hotel!!!
Definitely a good hotel to stay in with mall next to it.

Dear lolodrezet,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Pullman Jakarta Central Park. I am happy to learn that in most aspects you are gratified with your accommodation.

It is also delighting to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as the bathroom. Our accommodations start from Deluxe to Executive Suite with daring view, in which its room size and the bathroom design have been chosen to accord with the entire concept of our hotel which is a distinctive raw industrial that reflects modern sophistication; nevertheless, we appreciate your comment.

Moreover, your personalized compliment about one of our associates, Alexis, has been passed on to him and he is thankful for your positive feedback.

Pertaining to your comment about the taste of the food that was served during the breakfast, herewith, I would like to inform you that flavor is a relative point of view in a way that it might be otherwise to our other guests; nevertheless, we appreciate your feedback which enable us to have a different opinion as one of our precious resources for improvement.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had my second stay recently at Pullman Jakarta Central Park after my excellent experience the first time.

The second stay did not disappoint as well. The check-in was quick and efficient and the room was clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I was also given a free upgrade to an executive room. The equipment in the gym have increased since the last time I was there.

A departmental store is conveniently located just next door with plenty of cafes and shops to go to.

Only a few gripes here and there that perhaps the hotel could take note:

1) There was a damp odour in my room when I entered. Perhaps the room should be aired a little bit before being assigned to the customers.

2) The ventilator in my bathroom was not working so the wooden flooring in the shower cubicle could not be dried even after leaving it overnight to dry.

3) I requested for memory foam pillows during my reservation but I was not provided with one.

4) The check-out this time was slow because there were only 2 staff that were available.

5) There was no hairdryer that was available in my room.

Dear Leo_Tan 87,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel and sharing it to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am glad to learn that it was your second time staying with us and hopeful that you could find us to be be your home-away-from-home. I am also happy to know that our strategic location, which is adjacent to Central Park Mall has given you conveniences.

We have taken notes of your comments. They are highly appreciated and we treat them as resources to improve our service and facility. They have been shared with the Head of Departments concerned for further review and improvements. Kindly accept my apology if you have somehow discomforted.

Once again thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Its my second visit and i am glad the executive lounge finally open on top floor, i can go there a few times a day with few different friend. The food at the executive lounge during breakfast is limited, but during high tea time is very nice desert. The art is no different since my last year visit. No photograph taking allowed, its very funny, as if i can afford to copy their art and design. But I still took some picture if they did not see. If the staff see us take some photo, they asked us to stop, feel uncomfortable. Next door mall has much nicer food than hotel, and Taxi most of them are silver bird, up class one. ZEN garden is nice and simple, swimming pool just ordinary rectangle. The suite Room has nice bathtub but its plastic, and some amenities which is different from deluxe room. Coffee machine has nice strong coffee using pod, which is very strong since i love espresso and machiato, almost similar to Nespresso.

Room Tip: Garden view Rooms nice view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RnWSydney,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Wider selection of food is available at Collage All Day Dining, whereas Executive Lounge (for guests staying at Executive Floors) is dedicated for an ultimate comfort and highest privacy. In addition, shall there is a companion of external guests; an extra charge would be applied.

Photo taking is welcome to our in-house staying guests for personal purpose using personal portable cameras or devices. However, photo taking would not be allowed if guests take photos using professional devices or photographers without any arrangement/ agreement in advance.

Furthermore, being adjacent to Central Park Mall has provided our guests with tremendous advantages and one of them is the existence of Blue Bird Stand. This is to provide our guests with selection of Taxi types.

Moreover, the freestanding bathtub at our Executive Suite is made from fiberglass to embrace the outmost comfort; nevertheless, we appreciate your comment.

Moreover, for your information, our Executive Suite comes with both coffee machine and kettle. This is to provide our valued guests with the outmost comfort.

Once again thank you for your review and looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just stayed one night for work but was struck by the unique decor and art pieces. Rooms were very comfortable although the bathroom in the middle of the room was a little odd. Food was very good - breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent with a very wide selection of international and local foods. Staff were also very attentive and helpful and overall spoke very good English. I didn't have chance to try any of the leisure facilites but my room overlooked the pool which appeared very inviting.
Shopping centre right next door so very convenient if you wanted to try other food options or some retail therapy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank orangegenie
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear orangegenie,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It is pleasing to know that you have been impressed by our interior design concept; therefore, based on this we would like to inform you that the design of our bathroom has been set out to accord with our hotel interior, which is raw industrial; however we appreciate your comment.

Moreover, we are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the service and facilities of our hotel and you took pleasure with our strategic location which is adjacent to Central Park Mall.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long as we are all looking forward to welcoming you again at Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for three days of sightseeing. The room was lovely: clean, comfortable, and with a bit more personality than most hotels. We had both dinner and breakfast at the Collage restaurant, both were delicious. Service throughout our stay was exemplary.

My only complaint is regarding my experience at the hotel's spa. I booked two services: the facial and the reflexology foot massage. Both failed to meet my expectations. For the facial, the therapist decided not to do the (black head) extraction, which I think is the whole point of getting a facial. For the reflexology, both the menu description and a conversation with the spa front desk clearly indicated it would be a foot massage. Yet the therapist spent half the time on my arms, the other half on my legs, and she mixed this into the facial while I was lying down. Afterward the spa agreed to go back and do the extraction. They also confirmed it was unusual to do arms during the 60 minute reflexology. Overall, I found the spa experience to be very disappointing. My advice to future guests is to communicate your needs and expectations as clearly as possible before you begin.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jess_0526,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your recent staying experiences to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am happy to learn that in most aspects you savored your stay with us and that our team looked after you very well.

Moreover, in regards to your comments about the service of our Fit and Spa, herewith, I would like to once again clarify (as it has been clarified to you by our Spa Receptionist when you expressed her your concerns) why at the first place the extraction was not done, which was in light of the information you had given her before we started the two treatments that you were experiencing sunburn, which would be a situation where extracting blackheads is highly not recommended.

Since we have excluded the extraction, we replaced this service with the arm massage which led to a total of 2 hours for both treatments.

The shortfall from our side was our Therapist seemed to have missed to explain you this, so you have drawn a conclusion that both services were not done based on the standards. In this case, kindly accept our apology.

Furthermore, since you insisted for the extraction; therefore, we are delighted to provide it to you at the end.
Based on this circumstance, I would like to inform you that a proper and fine tune trainings would be conducted to ensure that our force is able to elaborate further the actions we anticipate should there be any condition where the service would be slightly altered, which certainly for the care of our valued guests.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.