“Well designed hotel but...”

Pullman Jakarta Central Park
Ranked #27 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
“Well designed hotel but...”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Unique design of the hotel impressed my stay here. Bed mattress is good, shower room is fantastic while toilet is a bit awkward for the seat seems not original equipped.
Defects are: 1. No comb in room;
2. No lychee martini in execution lounge;
4. breakfast is lack of variety;
3. Shopping mall is under expectation with limited brands and not well organised dinning area.
5. Information about city sightseeing from different staffs is differed, e.g. I was told The National Museum is closed on Sunday but actually it is open
酒店拥有独特的设计令人耳目一新,房间设施也基本满意,特别是软硬适中的床垫和独特的淋浴房,但坐便器的垫圈感觉不是原装的。
缺点如下:1、房间里没梳子;2、行政酒廊居然没有荔枝马天尼;3、早餐种类太少;4、商场令人失望,牌子不多,餐厅也布局不佳;5、服务人员给予的信息不一致也不正确,国家博物馆明明周日是开放的却被告知是关闭的

Stayed May 2013
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Lynxchen,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for posting a review of your experience at the TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you have taken pleasure at our unique design. Meanwhile, I would like to inform you that less frequent utilized amenities such as comb are available upon request. Our Housekeeping Team would be delighted to assist you with your inquiry.

Moreover, our food and beverages presentations served at the Executive Lounge (as well as other outlets) are rotated routinely, therefore, there might be a possibility that one day your preferential drink is not available, meanwhile, we would be able to serve you with something else, however, should you find this inconveniences, kindly accept our apology.

Each outlet offers different highlights and wider breakfast selection could be found at Collage All Day Dining and our guests certainly have the liberty to choose.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the imprecise information our Team has given you related to the business hour of The National Museum. We have taken notes on this for further review and improvements.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

Fabrice Mini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am writing this from my room, which I had to request the hotel to move me to, from a different room because of a problem with the rain shower. I was in the shower box already, no clothes on, adjusting the temperature of the warm water coming out from the handheld shower. When it was warm enough, I pulled the knob to switch it to the rain shower - when the knob came unattached and water was coming out from both showerheads. I tried to put it back in but it was obvious that it wasn't my fault, the knob was loose already in the first place. So the handyman came and tried to fix it to no avail, and he said that it was going to take some time to fix as he had to unbolt the whole panel. He was there looking at me, half wet in my bathrobe, basically expecting me to wait there and watch him ? I had him call the frontdesk and ask for a replacement room on my floor, as I was preparing to have a dinner and go to the airport to pick up my wife and I had to take a shower fast. It took me not more than 5 minutes to walk from the front desk to my room on the 6th floor, but somehow it took them 15 minutes to arrive. Mental note : "Forget that dinner." Still in my bathrobe, I carried all my belongings to the new room. Putting my things on the desk, I immediately found out that the desklamp was not working. When I showed it to the hotel officer who was still in my room, she offered to send another handyman up. No way, And I told her to just switch the lamp with another one from another room - way faster and she didn't think of. After she left, I found out (again) that another room light is not working. At this point, I gave up and just hoped all the essential things were working fine. One funny thing I notice in BOTH rooms : only one toothbrush was provided, eventhough I booked the room for two Guests. Back in the first room, I just thought that they had my booking mixed up for one guest. But when it was the same in the second room, I realized that it is apparently their policy. Sir, a toothbrush costs only a few cents and while it's good for the financial reports to save up a few hundred dollars annually, frequent guests would soon find it annoying to having to call the housekeeping for another toothbrush - every single time they stay. Even budget hotels always provide two sets of toothbrush in every room - I don't believe I've ever encountered a hotel which doesn't.

I am an Accor Advantage member, and it was my first ever stay at the Pullman Century Park. All the things that were not working, I could tolerate it if it were at an Ibis - but this is a Pullman. I have complimentary nights but for this first time booking, It was my courtesy to book a paying night. But the Front desk told me that my room upgrade certificate, would only upgrade the room but not the benefits. Because the room size is the same, I chose not to use mine. But now I'm stuck with a full year of Accor membership, but why would I stay again at your Pullman ? You tell me, my number is on profile in your system. Room 641 then moved to room 627.

And Mr. Fabrice, if you are reading this, just to prove it to you, come by room 627 and try the 'Cove Light' button. You'll find that it doesn't work, and hasn't worked for quite some time I believe. I realize that it's 'just' an ambient light, but the whole Pullman experience is all about a better ambience than Ibis or Mercure, isn't it ? Besides, it makes the room not bright enough for reading - and the desklamp was not working. Doh !

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShinWinata
Dear ShinWinata,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to put your comment on the TripAdvisor.

I am concerned and deeply apologetic to learn that you have to experience a situation which is below our standard of service. We have taken notes of the details information you have elaborated. The Head of Department concerned is strongly conveyed to further assess and review the situation for improvements.

Furthermore, in regards to your comment about the up-grade, we would be delighted to provide our guests with the higher room category located at the higher floor for exclusive comfort and privacy and better view. If the facilities that come with it appeal them, we would be happy to assist with the billing, which is infact something that is worthwhile.

Thank you once again for your comments I look forward to the possibility to welcome you as our guest again in the future.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Second time in pullman Central Park
Check in much faster and staff are more professional and friendly comparing to my first stay in December 2011
Room is the same but they solve the shower privacy problem . and some of wall need some paint and maintenance although the hotel is still new .
Elevator is a little bit slow and you feel it took ages to reach your floor .
Location is superb as its next to Central Park where you can find anything you want from Food , clothes and hypermarket which is something great for who know Jakarta Traffic .
I will recommend anyone to stay here as the Service and Hotel is great comparing to Hotel Rate as I try other hotel in Jakarta and I payed much more with the same quality of service
Good Job Hotel Management and keep up to good work

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Anas R
Dear Anas R,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I personally thank you for extending your wonderful staying experience with us to the Trip Advisor readers.

We are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the hotel services and appreciate the feedback you have brought to our attention.

Your future arrival in Jakarta is truly awaited and many thanks indeed for recommending us.

With best regards,

Casale Monferrato, Italy
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Definitely a hotel I strongly suggest in Jakarta environment
I have spend there my last three stay there and is a perfect venue for business trip and leisure as well.

Quite close to airport is located in the same block of a huge and exclusive Mall with plenty of shops and restaurants.

Hotel is filled with "modern art" furniture and sculpures that give an overall aesthetic impression.
Very comfortable rooms not so big but with very original solutions like the shower "strategically" positioned in a glass box in the center of the room.
Comfortable bed despite a little to high (if you are not so tall you have to "jump" on it), good minibar selection and good Wifi connection.

Food selection with good variety even if the restaurant mood is a little bit too "cold" instead of being "cool" (just a hint: pay attention to coffee spoon and coffee mug matching!)

Excellent sport facility with gym looking to the Jakarta skyline and Spa with a trained and professional terapist and very good treatment choice.

Final comment about staff: all definitely helpful and friendly mainly restaurant and front desk operators.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear MarcoSca69,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel at the TripAdvisor.

I am enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with our facilities and service level.

Our entire family is looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

With best regards,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was stay at this hotel in May 5 for 2 nights for business. The hotel is very California and far more than a 4-star hotel. I love it once I get into the lobby though a bit small but doesn't matter, room is unexpectedly cosy and comfortable. Reception staff are nice and efficient. Concierge staff still need room to improve their service.

Breakfast is good and offer lots of choice, too bad I did have enough time to enjoy.

Hotel attached to a large shopping mall made shopping and eating easy.

Close to airport, It takes 30 mins drive from hotel to airport if no traffic.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Patsy Y
Dear Patsy Y,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your comments posted on the TripAdvisor recounting your recent visit to our hotel.

I highly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor readers.

I am enchanted to see that in most aspects you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodation a perfect value.

I look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pullman has advantages in a very modern interior. Other advantages as Pullman very close to the Central Park Mall which is one of the largest malls Jakarta. In the morning you will be satisfied with a delicious breakfast, with a friendly service too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Merry R,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your candid and wonderful feedback posted at the TripAdvisor.

My team & I are pleased that we have been a part of your satisfactory stay and we are glad to learn that our strategic location has benefited you.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

UK
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed two nights in April. This hotel might not be for everyone, but as somewhere that offers comfort in a slightly unconventional and unorthodox setting, look no further. The rooms are nicely appointed, bed comfortable, free wifi and good business facilities.

The restaurant claims to be closed at particular times in the day, but the range of buffet facilities seems to roll effortlessly from breakfast, lunch to dinner. Bar area is small but fun with live DJ sets some nights. Don't be put off by the metal detector at the entrance. Perfectly normal in this part of the world.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear viperrider03,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to give your wonderful at the TripAdvisor.

I am happy to learn that in most aspects you were satisfied with your staying experiences.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable review, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming again at our hotel.

With very best regards,