“Hip hotel but poor loyalty recognition”

Pullman Jakarta Central Park
Ranked #25 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a cool (somewhat) new hotel in Jakarta and is located in very hip, modern surroundings. The ambience is great, the shopping mall and restaurants nearby are easily accessible, the breakfast selection is BIG, cool lobby bar and small but well done up rooms.

One of the big disappointments was service. Staff in general are pleasant and always smiling, which was good. But, as a Platinum member of the Accor program, nothing had been prepared prior to my arrival. No room upgrade was initially offered, then an upgraded room without any of the benefits of the higher room category (it is exactly the same room but is supposed to include club access). On my insistence, breakfast was offered complimentary. Late check out, similarly, was initially offered till 3 pm instead of 4 pm as per the program rules. Despite all this, the room allocated had a terrible view, facing the tall buildings behind, which half the rooms at this hotel would have. Then they tried to give me a smoking room, and eventually I had to settle for a regular room. This was extremely poor service, with no effort being made to recognize customer loyalty. Then they called me at 4:00:00 pm to ask whether I was checking out or would be staying another night - no 5 star hotel in the world treats it's customers like that - and this was disappointing.

The room that was finally prepared had hair on the chair and in and around the sink, but by then I had lost the patience to ask them to do something about it. Otherwise it was a nice room with a good bed. The pool is a bit poorly located between tall buildings, but the gym has a good view and there are enough things to do in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear ung1,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience staying at our hotel and sharing it with the TripAdvisor readers.

I am glad to learn that you cherished our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall and took pleasure in our distinctive dynamic raw industrial interior design concept.

Moreover, I would also like to extend my sincere gratitude to you for being a loyal member of Le Club Platinum, however, I would like to acknowledge you that late check-out time is based on availability and the status of arriving guests. Furthermore, in regards to your comment about the up-grade, we would be delighted to provide our guests with the high room category and shall the facilities that come with it appeal them, we would be happy to assist in arranging the billing, which is infact something that is worthwhile.

I have taken notes on your comments about the lapse of attention from our Housekeeping Department who seems to not clean the room thoroughly. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences it has caused you and certainly this message has been passed on to the Head of Department concern for further review and improvement.

Once again thank you and I look forward to having you as one of our guests again in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very nice location, combined with Central Park Mall. Room is very small for 5 star hotel and very expensive. Service is good. Some of the staff is quite nice. Food is not bad. Free wifi is a good complimentary.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

We are thrilled to learn that you are benefited from our strategic location and the fact that we are adjacent to Central Park Mall.

Furthermore, the complimentary Wi-Fi is one of our value added we proudly present to our guests.

On the other hand, the room size has been chosen to accord with the entire concept of our hotel which is a distinctive raw industrial that reflects modern sophistication, nevertheless, we appreciate your comment.

Moreover, in conjunction to the room rates, our hotel applies a dynamic pricing, and the price depends on the occupancy percentage for a certain period, however, we always ensure to offer deals as attractive as possible and be beneficial to our customers.

Once again, thank you for posting a review on TripAdvsior and we are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed there 3 nights and it was great! Location is not in the usual commercial areas (Sudirman, Thamrin etc) but at Central Park and nearer to the aiport. Hotel is new, modern & hip with an element of modern art. Modern artworks are displayed hotel lobby and public areas. Lobby feels very industrial, contemporary and quirky. Rooms are cosy and of decent size with open concept bathroom, semi clear shower room and excellent rain shower. Bed is superb!
Fitness facilities include a nice swimming pool, a nice gym with relaxation area and Zen garden to chill out afterwards, yoga mat & fitness dumbbells in room's wardrobe as well as yoga instruction channel in room's TV. Like Pullman theme song, sounds like a pop song and quite relaxing!
There's a huge spread for buffet breakfast (home-made strawberry jam, breads and blueberry yogurt are so yummy!). Food was delicious!
Entertainment facilities include lobby lounge and Central Park mall connected to hotel with a huge variety of shops. The only minus point of this hotel is really slow service at the lobby lounge although there weren't many guests.
Overall, hotel is excellent for business, artistic and young travellers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hannah N,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Pullman Jakarta Central Park to TripAdvisor readers.

I am delighted to know that in most aspects you are gratified with your recent stay and you have been benefited by our strategic location which is a short distance away from the Soekarno – Hatta International Airport and adjoining to Central Park Mall which provide thorough conveniences.

Moreover, it would be highly appreciated if you could elaborate more the slow service at the lobby lounge by writing us an email (our email address is listed at our website) because we treat customers’ feedbacks as one of the precious source of information to augment our service standard and we thank them for informing us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I loved my stay here. The hotel has a modern industrial feel to it which I loved but some may find a bit sterile. I loved all the crazy art everywhere and loved staying somewhere a bit different to standard hotels.
The room was a good size, modern (very angular) and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom is very interesting, the shower, a clear cube, is in the middle of the room almost - I liked the quirkiness but it was annoying that the glass doors open inwards only. Other than that, I was completely comfortable and happy in my room.

The breakfast was great - a huge range of local and western options at the buffet. Staff were always fantastic and very friendly. Check in was a very slow process but the staff were very nice and helpful.

The location is pretty good - attached to a massive mall that has good shopping, restaurants and cafes and the hotel ordered us some taxi's to the airport for a fixed rate we could charge back to our room - very helpful.

Overall - I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lisa_WLG,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your candid review and I am delighted to learn that you have savoured your stay with us.

I am looking forward to having you as one of our guests again in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very well designed, comfortable room, good and free wifi connection, EXCELLENT breakfast (great fruits and smoothies), small but nice gym, nice lobby bar where you can eat snacks until late at night; all this makes Pullman Jakarta Central Park a very good choice if you need to stay in Jakarta. It's design deserves a chapter apart, it's very special and original, sometimes you have the feeling you are in a modern art museum rather than in a hotel. It's industrial design makes a very unique atmosphere in the whole hotel.
Central Park is a big mall where you can buy anything and eat nearly every kind of food, and this gives makes it also attractive.
The only thing that I disliked is the slow service of the people at the reception desk. But I guess it's more a cultural aspect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Xukur,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I am delighted to know that in most aspects you are gratified with your recent stay and you have been benefited by our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall.

Furthermore, in regards to the service improvement expected in the Reception Area, it would be highly appreciated if you could elaborate more this point by writing us an email, therefore, evaluation and improvement could be carried out accordingly based on your highlights. Our email address is listed at our website.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was my second stay with this hotel, however, both of my stay was a dissapointment.
First of all, I'm a gold member of Le Club Accor, so this should put my experience at Pullman Central Park comparable to other hotels in Accor Group.

Both of my check-in process/service were mediocre compare to other Accor Hotels (Mercure and Novotel) since I pay about 50% more expensive in this hotel. The reception staffs seemed busy with other staff regardless there were customers in front of them, which I thought as a rude treatment causing unnecessary delay.
I know there were standards among Accor Hotels regarding check-in, but this Pullman not up to that standards yet in term of staff's attitude.

The next day, I came back to my room after my errands, found out there weren't any fresh towels in the bathroom. Even the kimono was taken away.
When I called the operator told them about this matter, their respond was disbelief as if the guest has been telling some absurd story. After a bit of explaining effort, fortunately they brought me the towels and kimonos.

Another thing that surprised me was in the breakfast restaurant, when I asked the attendants inside the cereals area for a milk refill since the container was empty and they replied me there wasn't anymore milk.... BUT I was very fortunate being helped by 1 waiter standing next to me listened to my predicament, which spontaneously said he will bring me the milk and true to his words, the milk came. His name is Adi Burna,

The good thing about this hotel is their special location which has a very nice shopping malls surrounding it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear foffaf,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your last stay with us and for sharing the experience to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am glad to learn that our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall has benefited you, meanwhile, I am also concern to know that there were few dissatisfying circumstances you had to experience and please accept my sincerely apology for the inconveniences they have caused you.

I have taken notes of your comments and will request the respective Department Heads to assess and ensure if the standards are imposed and implemented accordingly mainly related to the non-existence of towel and kimono replacement and milk refill.

Moreover, in regards to the treatment you commented while checking-in, it would be highly appreciated if you could elaborate more of your point by writing us an email. We thank your feedback as we treat customer reviews as the most precious information resources for us to evaluate our service level. Our email address is listed on our website.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is located in the Central Park Mall where you would find a wide range of shopping and dinning options.
Me and my wife were staying there just one night. the hotel is very clean, modern and elegant.

The room area is sufficient for a couple, the sleeping quality is perfect. bathroom amenities are very good, linens and towels are very good as well.

The lighting is totally controlled via control panels located in different areas in the room. In the room there is a yoga/exercise mat which used by my wife for yoga using a special TV channel offering yoga classes.

We weren't there on Sundays and Wednesdays where they provide yoga classes in the health center.

The hotel has a retro/modern artistic sense, you feel that you are in a pop art museum with various pop art paintings hanged on the wall and statues placed in almost every where in the lobby and restaurant areas.

The room views are limited, Don't consume much time choosing between city view or park view,..both are offering same views of other buildings and some spacious greenery.

The staff is very professional and helpful. we asked for a late check out, however, due to occupancy ratios it wasn't available that day but hey offered us a refreshment and access to the spa area.

The rooms need a very minor maintenance e.g. door knobs, shower handle,...etc.

Highly recommended and will be visited again when in Jakarta

Room Tip: Choose high floor rooms. No difference between city or park view...both views are similar