“Pretty good place in Jakarta”

Pullman Jakarta Central Park
Ranked #26 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
San Jose, California
“Pretty good place in Jakarta”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Booked a night here because the roads were severely flooded and cars were at a standstill. The only room left was an executive suite. Needed extra bed, but they failed to provide an itemization of 400000 rupiah extra per bed. They quoted 3.5 million rupiah for room.

Room is very spacious and nice. Two rooms with its own climate control system and tv. Outer room has own toilet room. Bedroom has very nice standing ceiling shower, bathtub, and toilet. Dual sinks, large king size bed .

Free snack and beverage area on 12 th floor. Free breakfast for 2 in the morning.

When I checked out, we had a minor issue with the room estimate. It was now that they informed us of the itemization of the beds. After discussing the issue with the manager, Jessica Effendi, the issue was resolved amicably. We paid for what we were originally quoted for.

Overall good experience. The hallway is pretty creepy with jump roping blue babies wearing two piece swimwear with an apple on Its head. At first, it seemed like a cult, but I I did some research. It's called industrial art by an Indonesian artist. Maybe still cultish, who knows?

Same babies showing their wee wee in the dining hall. Not the most welcoming for families. Great location. I think I would still stay there in a future if needed. I do hope they remove the jump rope babies- they went so far to have a hologram jumping baby along with the multiple statues.

Room Tip: Executive suite is awesome for a family. It has a bed sofa. Any more beds will be extra charges.
1 Thank Bernard H
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Bernard H,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experiences to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am delighted to know that in most aspects you are gratified with your recent stay and my Team and I truly feel that it was a pleasure to look after you.

You are certainly precise about the concept of our interior design which is a dynamic industrial art where collections of artwork from Indonesian artists are scattered at the entire premises and we highly comprehend that guests react differently to work of art and I would like to sincerely apologize if you have felt discomfort from it and we appreciate your feedback.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long as we are all looking forward to welcoming you again at Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

With best regards,

Fabrice Mini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I just stay one nite with 2 children 17 months and 3 years... the check in / out process quite fast...Friendly staff ...
the room small not tiny with baby coat..and the 1st time i found shower in a middle of room,
the pool ok.. my soon love it... the hotel very interesting with lots of arts...
Breakfast was simple lots variety and tasty ....
Location very strategies with lots cafe and just one step go to mall....

Will be back to this hotel soon...

Dear yenny c,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your candid review and I am delighted to learn that you have savoured your stay with us.

I am looking forward to having you as one of our guests again in the near future.

With best regards,

Kuala Kencana, Papua, Indonesia

Stayed there with the whole family with 2 kids for a night. The verdicts:
Location: A. Right next to Central Park Mall. Despite the close proximity, however the room is very quite. The area has beautiful Christmas displays which can be seen from the room.
Room: B. Rather small for my standard. We are in 30s, but somehow the room also feel too chic. Just have the feeling that functionality is being sacrificed for appearance, such as the location of the switch and wall outlets. Definitely not for business person considering the size of the work area.
Bathroom: B+. Great look but starting to have that mold near the faucet. No lock on the bathroom. The shower takes a while to fully drain the water.
Service: A. Great service. Did early check-in. Although cannot get a room right away, the staff is very helpful to explain it.
Value: A. Great value for the price we paid.
Overall: We may come back again if we visit Jakarta.

Dear Wilibona,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting it on the TripAdvisor.

I am glad to learn that our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall and our level of service has fulfilled and exceeded your expectation and in regards to your comment about the room lay out, the size and the selection of furniture, herewith, I would like to inform you that they have been set out to accord with the overall concept of our interior design which is a dynamic raw industrial art which we wish to proudly present to guests with various age ranges, however, should you feel otherwise, please accept my apology if it has somehow discomforted you.

Furthermore, I would like to inform that our Executive Suite is an available option for family travellers.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you again to Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Yours sincerely

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

They have the most terrible service will never reccomend
The receptionist is rude and english is really poor
Therooms are small andthe carpet has a terrible smell
We stayed there for my birth and iamsofrustrated

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hersheymorgan
Dear hersheymorgan,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for posting a review recounting your recent stay at our hotel in TripAdvisor highlighting the problems you have encountered and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.

We appreciate your feedback as we treat customer comments as one of the most resourceful information for improvement as it enables us to monitor that we are providing the level of facilities and services that our guests deserve and expect, and in order for us to do that, it would be highly appreciated if you could elaborate more of your points by sending us an email. Our email address is listed at our website.

Once again thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Pontianak, Indonesia
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the second time this year I choose Pullman Central Park. The first time it was February 2012.

I travel with my sister for 3 nights. Main purpose is shopping and enjoying the hotel, that's why we choose a five star hotel and a shopping center next it.

Pros:
- A lot of selection in breakfast menu. This is the best hotel breakfast I have ever experienced. You can get sushi, indian dish like indian chicken/prawn/lamb/egg curry/briyani rice, light breakfast like porridge, indonesian dish like rendang with 4-5 selection of sambal. Oh have I mentioned dimsum (bakpau/hakau/siomay and many more). You can get the chef to make fresh juice like dragonfruit, guava, pear, apple and you can see him make the juice for you. It's 100% pure (with a little bit of water but no sugar so it's healthy).

You can also get the chef to make fried kwetiaw or noodle or soto. I haven't tried them yet eventhough I had 3 days of breakfast because I have been eating too much of their other dish and OMG the chocolate croissant is like the one you get in a bakery. You can see that the baker is baking, you know it's fresh. There are other type of bread, cookies and cake but my stomach almost exploded.

They rotate their food well, in those 3 days. Like first day, they got kampung fried rice. The second day, normal fried rice (they taste different, I prefer the kampung one to be honest), the third one is yellow rice. Also the chicken, they cook it differently in those 3 days, so you wont get bored.

The ambiance is also good. It's not crowded as the space is huge and not all guests choose to pay for breakfast because there is a shopping mall next to it. You feel the exclusivity and with the amount of food selection, it worth every penny.

- Friendly staff, they always open the main entrance door for you. Always smile and greet you. You feel welcomed.

- Next to Central Park shopping mall. This is the actual reason why I choose Pullman CP, because there is a major shopping mall next to it. Harris Kelapa Gading as well, but they don't have swimming pool and i think their breakfast is just so so.

Cons
- Swimming pool isn't the cleanest. The water is greenish and milky. It's not a major issue, but there will be some people who would think twice to swim there.

- Yes, the changing room is quite far, by the time you reach the changing room, you will be half dried, might as well go straight to your room to take shower and get changed. Since you will have to walk past the elevator as well. It's not a biggie as I always use the steam room in the changing room after swimming.

- Changing room is freezing. I used the steam room inside the changing room and everytime I finish and sit in the changing room to normalize my body, it's torturing because I was sweating from the steam and the AC is blowing to my body. I can't take a shower straight away when I am sweating coz it's not good for your body. So I just had to bear with it.

This is quite different from Pullman Kuching, Malaysia. The changing room is on room temperature, which is very nice.

- The steam room design is flawed. The ceiling is supposed to be in triangular shape, not flat like in Pullman CP. It's annoying when the water drips from the ceiling to your head or body when you are inside. At least every 10-15 second/drip. It's annoying! In Pullman Kuching, I can stay for 30 mins inside, in Pullman Central Park, although I went in 2 consecutive days, but I didn't enjoy it, and leave within 15 mins. I like the steam and heat, it's perfect, it's just the dripping water ruins everything.

- When I was sitting in the sauna room, there was a small bang sound. Apparently the light cover just fell off. Fortunately I was sitting quite a mile from it. I then checked the remaining light cover, they are wobbly. I think they use glue and the water from the steam ruins the glue. I told the staff and she said she will tell the maintenance guy. I used the steam room the next day, the light cover is still sitting on the chair in the steam room in the same position. Apparently noone has been checking in the steam room. To be honest, I was quite surprised that noone has actioned this.

- When I checked in at 3pm, I had to wait for 20 mins in the lobby as the housekeeping staff hasn't cleaned the room. No welcome drink to compensate that, nothing. My sister was upset because she was so tired and jet-lagged.

- The closet pipe in the toilet is no longer sticking to the wall. This small issue might be seen by the housekeeping staff but she may not have told the maintenance department.

In conclusion, I am satisfied, but there is nothing major except the breakfast that makes me want to come back to Pullman. A good room + breakfast deal might catch my attention in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank VelwinWibowo
Dear VelwinWibowo,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for posting a comprehensive review on TripAdvisor recounting your recent visit to our hotel.

I highly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor readers.

I am enchanted to see that in most aspects you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodation a perfect value. However, I regret the shortfall you encountered at the same time. We learn your constructive feedback for our improvement thus I trust this would only bring us to the impeccable service we would deliver to all global explorers.

Moreover, in regards to the comment about our swimming pool, herewith, I would like to apprise you that the torrential rain that has been occurring in Jakarta recently has caused the water to become cloudy and unstable, nevertheless, we could guarantee its cleanliness.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you again at Pullman Jakarta Central Park soon.

sydney
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We book two room one level 9 and one suite at level 11. The hotel is brand new still young but the room has many damages, eg: the carpet has red stain i dont know what was that, and other stain somewhere else, The pod coffee machine is not working, and staff a bit long to come, they said they will bring new machine but hour did not even come, on level 9 the Safety box is locked. we could not unlock even we enter the correct code, i call the staff they have to come and reset it, they said they will change new safety box, but we scare to put things there again incase they got locked again. again it took staff long time to come. WIFI is complementary and twinning tea.

We had Buffett dinner and buffet Breakfast there, we suppose to have breakfast at executive lounge but is not available so we use normal room but its ok, all the food was fresh and nice, breakfast has traditional indonesian food, and dinner has seafood such as oyster and sashimi.

the location is good they have Central park mall downstair, the view to the park from our room is stunning as they have xmas tree and all the lighting.

Room Tip: ask for park view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RnWSydney
Dear RnWSydney,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

It is our entire pleasure to be of your service and we appreciate your comments in regards to some flaws you have encountered. Please accept my apology as I have personally notified the Department Heads concerned to further review it and ensure that these lapse of attention should not be occurring again in the future in order to provide our guests with the maximum level of comfort.

Once again thank you and on behalf of Pullman Jakarta Central Park team, I look forward to welcoming you and family back to our warm hospitality in the not too distant future.