“Quick Service”

Ranked #25 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Semarang, Indonesia
“Quick Service”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

When I stayed at Pullman Central Park Hotel I found it a surprise when I asked the bellboy who helped me with the luggage to stick the twin beds together into one big bed so that I could sleep together with my children. It was only 2 minutes after the bellboy left the room, the room sevice came in and made up the beds, the room service also worked very quickly. It's always nice to see people with quality work for hotel with quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your candid and wonderful review posted on TripAdvisor.

My team & I are pleased to learn that we have exceeded your expectation and your compliments about our associates (Bellboy and Room Attendant) have been passed on to them and they are thankful for your positive feedback.

It’s always great to hear from our guests how much they have taken pleasure with our product and level of services as it would only motivate us to strive harder to raise our standards even higher.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With best regards,

Fabrice Mini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Kl-ite in Malaysia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nice swanky location in Jakarta. Adjoins a flashy shopping mall where you can get most of the international brands, lots of restaurants. View outside at night especially, was lovely - bright coloured lights of a park. Had a standard room. Small sized, comfortable, new and clean, with amenities you would expect of a 4 star plus hotel. Lobby and general areas very interesting - more like a pop art museum/gallery. Comfortable queen size bed which was rather high. Unique modern decor, i had a Betty Boo picture staring at me which made it interesting. Washroom had an open concept. No doors to wash basin which had sufficient landing space for toiletries for 2 people. Shower room has both rainforest showerhead and the usual wall mounted ones too; was smack in the centre of the room - rather strange location for a shower; but unique. I had part frosted glass. Ok as I was not sharing the room. May be awkward depending on who you were sharing with otherwise. Small working desk against the wall. Not that suitable for serious work. Had a number of multipoint plugs which was great as I use a 3 point UK pin plug for my gadgets. Service in general was good with pleasant staff. Breakfast was wide spread as expected in most decent hotels based in Asia. About 45 mins to airport even with Jakarta traffic. Silverbird taxi/airport transfers can be easily arranged by hotel. Not expensive; abt USD15 equivalent, per way.

Room Tip: The lifts short circuited when I was staying so a lower floor helped as 1st floor of rooms is actual...
1 Thank suetz
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear suetz,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing the experiences on TripAdvisor.

I am enchanted to find out that you have been benefited by our strategic location which are adjoining to Central Park Mall and provide a shorter distance to and from the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport which simply could be taken within 25 minutes on a normal traffic phase.

Moreover, it is also delighting to hear that you enjoyed your room. Our accommodations start from Deluxe to Executive Suite with daring view, this is where the height of our bed takes role to best provide our guests with excelling glimpse.

Furthermore, I would like to inform you as well that the style and size of our shower and furniture have been set out to accord with the overall interior design concept of our hotel, which is a dynamic industrial art.

Once again, thank you for your comprehensive review and I look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have traveled for business in the last 6 years in Asia, and this is the worst 5 stars hotel I have ever stayed in. It is an equivalent of 4 stars hotel in China, and 3 stars hotel in USA. Here are the flaws:
1. Bad room design: Light leakage from outside everywhere, even from the hall way, making it impossible to have a good night rest. Bathroom has no door, so you will stare at it from your bed.
2. Bad bathroom: dirty water coming out of the faucet the first few minutes it was turned on. I am talking about chocolate colored water, not just somewhat dirty.
3. Bad shower design: the door swing in, which make it impossible to warm up the shower first, before you get in. Unless you want to get your towel and the outside floor all wet.
4. Bad amenities: the slippers was not even wrapped in plastic (green effort they said), but it is yellowish, with hairs. So how do you know if anybody with foot fungus has wore this?
5. Bad view. Half of the hotel room is facing an apartment building (I am talking face to face, within 30 feet away), that I could see the half naked man across my room, hanging out in his boxer, in his balcony. This is just wrong.

Some positive:
1. Nice and warm personnel, and helpful.
2. Conveniently located by a huge mall, which make it easier to get taxi and food.

Then again, this is claimed to be "5 stars" hotel. This may be acceptable in Indonesia, but as far as international standard, let's call it what it is. Probably close to 3.5 stars.

8 Thank George B
Dear George B,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your constructive feedbacks recounting your recent visit to our hotel and sharing it to the TripAdvisor readers.

I was highly concern to learn that you did not somehow experience a full pleasure during your stay and I have taken notes on couple of feedback in regards to the water condition out from the faucet and the seem to be previously used slippers you were provided with. The Department Heads concerned are doing immediate reviews and maintenance to improve it, therefore, I would like to sincerely apologize for the lapse of our attention which I believe has reflected your gratification.

Furthermore, I would like to inform you that prior to being categorized in the star rating system, we had to undergo series of process which comprise comprehensive parameters we were required to comply with based on the applicable worldwide standards and it is certainly correct that slight adjustment could be found among countries simply to fulfill the main target market requirement and based on the above evaluation system, Pullman Jakarta Central Park has been determined to be a five-star property, however, we appreciate your comments.

Moreover, our room lay out, the size and the selection of furniture have been set out to accord with the overall concept of our interior design which is a dynamic raw industrial art and since Jakarta has a year long tropical climate, heating up a shower prior to taking shower has not much been done by our guests, however, we highly comprehend that each guest has different need and once again please apologize if you have encountered inconveniences while doing so related to the fact that the door swings in.

Once again, thank you for once again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Jakarta Central Park

Reviewed November 13, 2012

what i like about this hotel is the location, shopping center just next door, hotel service was great.
this is my second time to stay in this hotel. my first time i was stay in the business suite and this time i stay in standart room, my room was very clean, very well maintenance and the breakfast is like king.
good gym facility but small sauna room.
overall this hotel is one of the great hotel in jakarta

1 Thank tanlautan
Dear tanlautan,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for spending some of your time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am enchanted to know that in most aspects you savored your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in a not too distant future.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Good

I was on a business trip to Jakarta and had stayed in the Executive Suite. The room was spacious with the Park View. Upon arrival, I was rather impressed with the level of security the hotel offered. Staffs were very friendly and kind.

I had an issue with an overflowing/flooded shower room, it was due to the fact that hair and soap had choked up the drainage. I guess that as the drainage hole was beneath the wooden platform in the cubicle, it was very much a matter of "out of sight & out of mind". Maintenance staffs came to rectified the issue pretty quickly and mentioned it wasn't an issue for the wet carpet.

The Bad
I had booked 2 sessions with the SPA and it was rather clearly written on their website (http://www.pullmanjakartacentralpark.com/the-room/executive-suite/) that "• complimentary 20% discount of SPA facilities". In many other hotels that I had stayed with, this will simply mean that guests staying in the Executive Suites will enjoy a 20% off SPA sessions. But apparently not, some staffs tells me that it only applies to ACCOR Members, others tell me its a limited time promotion, and till this very day, they are still very unsure of what they really meant by that statement. Emails to them just makes everyone turns in circles and singing a different tune each time. This is utterly dissappointing for a 5* hotel.

I enjoy my papers in the morning and it was not delivered on any days. I was told, they will send it the next time I stay with them.

Summary:
The staffs are friendly and kind. The rooms were clean and nice. Food was good for the buffet. But Accor Staff's Product Training was probably of non-existance. Their staffs do not have a clear idea of what was even on their website.
If the client was suppose to have newspaper and it was not made available, it will be a case of shortchanging. But if it was clearly stated on their own website that there is "complimentary 20% discount of SPA facilities" and its of non-existance, it would just be a fake advertisement.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tangoE
Dear tangoE,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your comments posted on TripAdvisor recounting your recent visit to our hoteI.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room, however, I regret for the shortfalls you encountered at the same time. We learn your constructive feedback for our improvement thus I trust this would only bring us to the impeccable service we would deliver to our valued guests, however, I would like to apprise you that there is no intention at all from our side to deceive our clients in any way and what had occurred was merely a product knowledge sparsity, therefore, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconveniences you have experiences.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to having you as one of our guests again in the future.

Baltimore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location! Easy access to two shopping malls and restaurants. Since Jakarta is 12 hours ahead of EDT, a good breakfast buffet is appreciated. Hotel is ultra modern decor is may be a little over the top but interesting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear tagolilong,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor readers.

It is pleasing to know that you had an enriching journey with us and you had found the accommodation a perfect value.

On behalf of our family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warm hospitality in the not too distant future.

Once again thank you and with best regards,