“very disappointed with Pullman”

Pullman Jakarta Central Park
Ranked #25 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Actually, I'm a big fan of this Accor's brand. Their property in Thailand is very good, so my expectations might be a bit high, but...

- upon arrival, there was no bell boy to help with the luggage, although no other cars stopped to drop off the passengers. Ok, I could admit that they only have one bell boy and he was busy helping someone else...But at the same time there were a few staff members present (seemingly doing nothing, just standing near the porter desk), who saw us but did nothing to help (and we got A LOT of luggage). Ok, we picked up the luggage, went to the lobby - still nobody cared to help with the bags. Not a good first impression.
Later I asked the reception staff, do they have a bell boy and why there was nobody to help us, but all the answer was "No, there was always somebody, you just didn't see".
- as a Platinum A-Club member, I expected a room upgrade and a late check-out (which was essential as our flight was scheduled late). I mailed the hotel in advance to explain this. Eventually, they did receive my mail and told me that it would be done on a "high priority basis". Alright. On check-in I was told that they are fully booked, so no upgrade is available. Regarding the late check-out, they could only offer 2 hours more, because of the same reason. Ok, I totally understood that. What I didn't understand, though, is that when I went to the room and decided to check the Pullman website, there were still available rooms of every type (including the executive room that I was supposed to be upgraded to). SIncerely, I didn't care about the upgrade (the rooms are basically the same, more on that later), but I didn't like people lying to me. The young woman that checked me in was very polite and attentive, so I decided to ask her again - maybe this was just a misunderstanding. I went to reception with my laptop, showed her the booking page of Pullman's official website with available rooms, but she insisted that it is a mistake and no rooms are available. She even let me look at the hotel's reservation system where there were no executive rooms, just the suites. 5 minutes later I received a phone call from her, and this time she told me that, actually, she could give me the executive room, but it's worse than the room I was given, because the view is really not good, and, more than that, I would not benefit from the executive floor because my booking is on "room only" basis, so I won't be allowed to use the executive lounge. I was trying to explain that it's not the upgrade that I'm worried about, and that I just didn't feel welcome, but she kept telling me that "all the rooms are the same, you don't benefit from upgrade"... Clearly she thought that I'm an annoying person.
- deluxe and executive rooms are really the same and generally too cheap and simple to be 5*. It's clear that Pullman intends to design their hotels in a modern and chic way, but why lose the comfort and convenience? Pullman in Bangkok had huge and very comfortable rooms with both shower and bathtub, and was chick and modern at the same time. But this time room was small, cheap and uncomfortable. A very strange open-concept bathroom could be nice for honeymooners but do they really get a lot of these in Jakarta? Just a small standing shower, no bathtub - also the cheapest kind of bathroom I have ever seen in Pullman.
The only difference in executive is that you get access to their lounge where they serve the breakfast, but only if you book on BB basis.
- remember the fully booked hotel and late check-out? We missed the time and checked-out an hour later. I expected that they would call and remind us that other guests are coming and we have to leave the room. But exact the opposite - when I asked about it, the staff told me there were a lot of rooms available. Why then tell me that they were fully booked? We could easily stay in the room two or three hours more...

Now the positive side:

+ all the other staff (in restaurant, business centre etc) was nice, smiling and attentive.
+ breakfast was generally good (though it should be - for the price you pay - 15$ plus 21% tax).
+ free Wi-Fi
+ just steps from the Central Park Mall, hence no problems with shopping or dining

Room Tip: basically they're all the same
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thefall
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear TheFall,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your comments posted in TripAdvisor recounting your recent stay at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere and profuse apology for the inconveniences you have highlighted that have lapsed in our attention.

We appreciate your constructive feedback, and we value them positively, as it enables us to monitor that we are providing the level of facilities and services that our guests deserve and expect.

In regards to the room availability, during high occupancy, there is a slight delay at the system at the Front Office to adjust with the actual inventories that suddenly change due to auto releases or last minute cancellations, therefore, there might be discrepancies between it and our website and it takes minutes to balance. That is why our Front Office Associate insisted that the supposed to be your up-graded room was firstly unavailable, then, she rang you to inform that it was then available. The same case happened when we have confirmed that we could only give you 2 hours late-check out, because our colleague was viewing at a fully booked status on your departure time, where afterwards there were reservations let-off.

Moreover, I would also like to inform you that the up-grade you are profiting from is based on the room type excluding the benefits and on this opportunity, I would like to apprise you as well that the views of our bedrooms have their own highlights. The one which is facing the city is more daring especially with its bright innovative modern décor, meanwhile, the room you stayed in is an ideal retreat which comes from its tranquil atmosphere, however, we would like to apologize should you feel uncomfortable by its sight.
Once again, we appreciate your feedback and I shall personally review the points and look into ways of fine-tuning our service.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Fabrice Mini

Write a ReviewReviews (2,163)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Reviewed October 28, 2012

It is an elegant and modern hotel, good location, good service even the security personnel is polite. However the check in and check out process is slow and reception area is small. Also the middle management personnel seems lack of experience to handle the unexpected event.
Room maintenance is not so good as this is a new hotel. Lift is slow and can't accommodate relatively large crowd. Overall experience is considering good

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SKYONG

Dear SKYONG,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your last stay with us and please take my apology that you were not satisfied with some of our services.
In regards to your comments about the size of our reception area and elevators, their dimensions and the number of lifts available at the hotel have been determined to adequately accommodate the guest’ requirements and about the elevators speed, we would like to acknowledge you (since most of the guests are unaware of this) that structurally the Ground Floor (GF) where our Main Entrance and Reception are located is 13 floors below the Floor 1 (the first floor where our rooms are located). This is to give our clients an idea when they get an impression that the elevators are moving utterly slow to go up and down.
We treat guests comments as one of the most precious information to improve our service, therefore, it would be highly appreciated if you could elaborate more of your feedback about our middle management associates who seem to possess lack of experience to handle unexpected situation by writing us an email. Our email address is listed at our website.

I will share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to better monitor the room cleaning.

Once again thank you for your review as this helps us to improve our services and I hope I may welcome you again at Pullman Jakarta Central Park soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a conference. When I arrive I was impressed with how big the complex is. This hotel is build on top of a huge up market shopping mall call Central Park and surrounded by huge blocks of apartment. The hotel itself looked very modern.

Let's start with the good.
The hotel is fresh and modern and contemporary. It is attached to a huge mall and many food options. the price is also good for the class of hotel and I would say great value for a business hotel.
I do have a few gripes
For such type of hotel the check in area was small and I can see only 2 counters
the lifts are rather small and slow
the gym basic no free weights

In room shower unique and a bit tight. no bath. amenities ok

free Internet Is gimicky. very slow and low signal in many areas.

If these areas can be improved on it would be an excellent business class hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear YongFC,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at our hotel to TripAdvisor readers.

I am delighted to know that in most aspects you are gratified with your accommodation.

In regards to your comments about the size of our reception area which comprise of 2 counters that fit up to 5 personnel , the number of lifts and the gym equipment available at the hotel have been determined to adequately accommodate the guest’ requirements. Moreover, about the elevators speed, we would like to acknowledge you (since most of the guests are unaware of this) that structurally the Ground Floor (GF) where our Main Entrance and Reception are located is 13 floors below the Floor 1 (the first floor where our rooms are located). This is to give our clients an idea when they get an impression that the elevators are moving utterly slow to go up and down.

We appreciate your feedback on the internet connection for further review and improvement.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is only 2.5yo so everything is modern and up to the Accor's chain standard. We stayed with our 2yo daughter for 10nights (room 1208 executive suite with a great view) and felt it was home to us when we were there. My sister's wedding preparation was also held at the hotel and everything went very well there. Room service food was ordinary but next door to the hotel is the big CP mall open from 10am to 10pm so you can get almost anything from there. Staff were very professional and helpfull. We felt safe in the hotel complex with big security gate & monitoring at the entrance. We will definetely stay there again next time I visit Jakarta, maybe in 2yrs. Just hope the hotel's condition will still be a 5 stars standard by then. Thank you. Travis and Deffie Flint, Melbourne. AUS.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Deffieflint

Dear Deffieflint,

Greetings from Jakarta.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Pullman Jakarta Central Park to TripAdvisor readers. I am delighted to know that in most aspects you are gratified with your recent stay and you have been benefited by our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall.

Our Colleagues will join me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you.

Thursday, November 1st, 2012, would be our First Year Anniversary, herewith, I would like to inform you that we have been proud to serve our guests and we have always strived for ways to reach service excellence.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

No enough help to unload the luggage on arrival, the AC was not working properly but we were relocated to another room.
The shower in Fitness level 1 smell sewerage and I feel a rate for the room a bit high due to occupancy rates have gone up.
Otherwise the service of the staff just so fabulous.

2  Thank Ignas T

Dear corlon,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for sharing your experience staying at our hotel to the TripAdvisor readers.

I appreciate your feedback and kindly accept my apology for the shortcomings you have encountered.

We have taken notes of your comments and I would ensure that they are carefully reviewed and well taken care of, thus, we would be able to provide our guests with the impeccable service they deserve.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

i stayed at this hotel twice, and always have to wait for the room to be ready quite long enough. During my last visit, I needed to wait for more than two hours for the room to be ready, I checked in at 1.30pm and got the room at 3.45pm, really disappointing! other than that, the hotel is very convenient, very close to the mall

1  Thank lita24

Dear lita24,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and it is pleasing to know that you have been benefited by our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall.

Our standard check-in time starts from 2PM and slight respite sometimes occurs during high occupancy. I would like to apologize should you have encountered this inconvenience as we are actively reviewing our level of service to strive for excellence and this challenge is included.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.