“Not built as 5star!!”

Ranked #23 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Ningbo, China
“Not built as 5star!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Me and my husband check in on sept 2, for 7 nites. We arrived almost midnite; the check in is okay. We enter the room and quite surprise with such a basic and tiny room... the way I can describe maybe is just more of a 3-4 star. When we prepare to sleep (is almost 1.30am) , we start to hear hammer knocking with a regular rhytm. Voice is light but we can hear it clearly at the top of our head!!! So i called the 1stop service & ask them to come over so they can hear the voice. But after wait for 8 mins, i called again and ask them to come over!!! They still dont come!! And then after 20 mins; the voice stop and after about 25 mins the staff came!!!
Next problem is the water dripping from the shower... since the bathroom dont have a door.. so we keep hearing the voice... so we have to put a big towel on the shower floor.

2nd day when we arrive hotel is after 4 pm and when i enter bathroom, i found out that still so many of my hair is still there on the floor. Marks of toothpaste in the mirror is also still there!! They dont even bother to clean the bathroom properly, knowing that its okay for me not to change the towel!!! What kind of 5 star housekeeping is this???? They dont even vacuum the carpet in the room?? oh come on.. even if we stayed there for 7 nites, they do have to clean the floor and the bathroom, right??? i pay same amount of money, even for 2 nites or 7 nites!!!! And of course i dont get any upgrade or even any fruits plate!!
Then i make a call to 1stop service call and ask them to come over, but ofcourse they dont came!! and after another 15 mins, the manager ( i think) called. When i back from dinner, they cleaned and there's a fruit plate (of course after i said, i dont get any fruit plate) and apology letter with my WRONG NAME on it... I'm just too exhaused with this hotel that i dont bother to make any phone call...

2nd nite is no problem, (but of course the water dripping is still there).
3rd nite is another disaster.... we about to sleep at around 11.30pm and seems like our upstair is just starting to take shower and since the shower floor is equipped with wood panel so is like a drum but with water fall on it!!! is amazingly raining at our room for about 15-20 mins!!!

Of course when our room next door enter their room and taking shower, we can also hear it clearly... ( i really dont know what they put between the walls? seems like only a wood panel...not a bricks)

Another problem is to wait for an elevator is quite some time... especially in the morning and in the afternoon. Actually they do have 4, but only 3 is on!! (if they do want to save electricity, they can do that not during the busy hour).

Breakfast is lots of choices, but the taste is average.

We dont move to other hotel, is because.. is easier for our biz partner to pick us there on his way to office. But for sure for our next visit, we'll move to other hotel (even 4 star is better than this)!!

2 Thank yitravel
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear yitravel,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your comments posted in TripAdvisor highlighting the shortfalls you have encountered during your stay with us. We appreciate your constructive feedbacks, and we value them positively, as it enables us to monitor that we are providing the level of facilities and services that our guests deserve and expect.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. We have taken notes of your comments and the respective Department Heads would do immediate follow up for improvements.

Moreover, we would also like to inform you that one of the four elevators was recently not in service for interior up-grade and each would have its turn. This is improve our facilities to better serve our valued guests.

Once again thank you for your review and we are looking forward to having you as one of our guests again in the future.

Fabrice Mini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Hotel is OK bit clinical . Not lke home comfort. Like anywhere you staay in Jakarta the traffic is bad Hotel location for down town is no good if you want to travel in the morning be prepared for a long jorney, better to staay where your meetings are scheduled.

Dear fu2u2,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Our hotel concept design is industrial art where different artwork is featured and scattered throughout the entire premises.

Moreover, with a thorough gridlock which occurs constantly in Jakarta, going to places seems to require quiet an effort, however, with a shorter distance to and from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport as one of our competitive benefits that we could proudly present to our valued clients, choosing our hotel could also be an advantage, nonetheless, we highly comprehend that customers book hotels based on different requirements.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

With best regards,

bandung
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

new hotel, nice buidling but the service is very bad. we check in at 19.00 on September 2011 stay on executive suite room 712, the check in proccess is more than 1 hour they said they still preparing the room for us , and after we enter to the room we still have to wait our luggage for more than 30 minutes , after calling many times to concierge, lobby so we have to go to the lobby to ask for the luggages , and at last the room boy take our luggage to the room and said the luggage was not put any tag room number, .so because of that we have to cancel to go for an important meeting we supposed to attend ( more than 2 hours late )
when we want to access an internet connection, always failed. and after many time we contact the IT, front office we found out they info us the wrong password
and when I went to the gym to take the steam or sauna for relaxing, the staff said the steam is out of order
and after breakfast we decided to check out and move to another hotel, but the very bad experience with this pullman central park happened again, I could not pass thru the parking gate and have to pay the one nite parking fee 17 hours , and I have explained that we are staying at pullman room 712 , and let her to check it, but the parking officer just ask me to wait for more than 30 minutes and call the supervisor but still won't open the gate, even I told her that my wife and baby 're wating in the lobby hotel with the luggages, but she is so unfriendly and unpolite said that might be I just put my car whole day and not staying in the pullman hotel, if you dare just hit the parking gate sir !! ..luckly I still can control my emotion for doing stupid things as she provoked me . so I just walk to the loby hotel and leave my car on the parking gate, and I insist want to talk to the top manager to speak all of my bad experience during our staying at pullman central park. but after only a concierge, front office, and parking supervisor at lobby and they blame each other , asking me if I registered my car when check in , and they just appologize that the fo staff forget to input the plate number ect, and they explained that the hotel management is different management with the parking department , even this kind of incidents is not the first, .. and happened many times, .. after waiting until may hours, at 16.30 come the person who claimed as duty manager , 2 securities officer and the parking offficer to appologize to me,

Room Tip: good building, good location but is nothing if bad service,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank rudibandung
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel is not central, but quite close to the airport and not so far from the business district (considering the peculiar Jakarta's traffic). Rooms are quiet and spacious, and overall the style of the hotel is very modern. Breakfast buffet is really huge and full of different kinds of food. The hotel has also a spa, a gym and a pool, all of them are really new. The nearby area includes a mall, several bars and stores.

1 Thank a979
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear a979,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your delightful review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our strategic location has benefited you.

We look forward to welcoming you again our hotel soon.

Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I'm a heavy traveller, I fly once in every 3 days about, and this hotel is one that frequently i used when in Jakarta. This is new hotel. To now, i might had staying on this hotel about 20 nights accumulatively in just few months.

Likes:
1. Location, in shopping arcade complex.
2. New and modern.

Dislikes:
1. Always miss in Customer Loyalty Program ! I stay total about 20 nights and gets nothing, they missed to recognize frequent customer. Reception always said already input in member number (under my wife name) but we always find they missed it.
2. Small rooms.
3. Looks like a apartment building that is then used as hotel.
4. Staffs could not recognise frequent returning customer (though computer based of course).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Cipto92,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

We are pleased to know that we have been able to accommodate you as our frequent guest and thank you for sharing your experiences staying at our hotel to the TripAdvisor readers.

It is also enchanting to find out that our strategic location has benefited you and it has been the primary purpose of how this complex (Podomoro City) is initially created and built in this area.

This super block is intended to comprise office building, mall, hotel and different classes residential areas / apartments with continuous expansion taking place in the future to fulfill the lifestyle and demand of the surrounding neighborhood where every business unit (including the hotel) was carefully set out and constructed with a precise planning in advance.

Moreover, we would like to acknowledge you that reservations and the card holder should match in order for the points to be collectable, therefore, should this suit your situation but have not yet been carried out properly, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences and in the meantime, please email us the details, thus, this could be followed up accordingly (our email address is listed at our website).
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my first to stay in this area where I usually stay in Golden Triangle or Senayan area. Pullman Central Park is about 10 minutes drive to Senayan or Golden Triangle area, but it can take up to 30 minutes on peak hours. I decided to stay here since it is new and has a mall next to it.

I travelled with my wife, my 18 months old daughter and my parents. We arrived at Pullman at 1pm, the receptionist was so packed, people queued to be served. We waited for 10 minutes and I decided to check with the host staff if we can do check in somewhere else since we booked executive suite rooms, she replied that we still have to queue and speak with a receptionist. After another 5 minutes, we were served by a receptionist and informed that we can do our check in on level 12 but we still need to see the receptionist so they will go with us.

Finally we headed to level 12 with a host, on level 12 they have executive lounge and also another reception. My family had some snacks and drinks while I was checking-in. Then we got our room, the room is spacious with a separate living room that has a toilet, an LCD TV, a sofa and mini kitchenette. The main bedroom has a king bed, an LCD TV, a shower, a bath tub and a toilet. Each room has its own air-con controller. The concept is modern retro which i found very interesting.

The executive lounge opens from 8am-10pm where we can enjoy coffee tea at all time and they also serve some foods at designated time, even from 7-10pm is free flow alcohol. We had the option of having breakfast in executive lounge or Collage for buffet breakfast. We chose to go to Collage where it has extensive and broad range of food & drinks such as fresh salads, breads, japanese, american, chinese, indonesian and also fresh juices (made to order).

The mall next to the hotel also has extensive options of food, a cinema, a CarreFour supermarket and middle-up fashion shops. I did not run out of options of food during my stay, they even have Silver Bird taxis stand by when I needed them. Certainly Pullman is one of the best hotel I have ever been and I will definitely consider to stay here again.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend to go for Executive Suite or ask for room facing to the West for better views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mitjh
Dear mitjh,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor recounting your recent visit to our hotel and I highly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with the TripAdvisor readers.

I am enchanted to see that in most aspects you savored your stay and found the accommodation an excellent value and it is also pleasing to learn that our strategic location has benefited you.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.