Two nights, two different rooms, two cold showers-and I mean cold! I don't know how to rank a hotel that has so many potentially good things going for it, but some serious problems. First the good points.
1) The food and the bar area appears to be well run and the food and drink quality is excellent. Presentation, food preparation, freshness and taste are all superb, especially in the Collage Restaurant. It was disappointing not to see the restaurant more crowded, but I was there early on a Monday. The bar is well appointed, the drinks fairly priced, given Indonesian's notorious cost of alcohol, and the bar staff is professional and friendly.
2) The hotel works for me architectually and design wise. It should work for most people who travel a good deal like I do. It reminds me of the W hotels in the States and Accor has done a fine job with layout and room sizing etc.
3) Pricewise, it's very competitve and the front desk staff are well trained and very good. I was upgraded my second night to an exectutive suite which entiled me to use the executive lounge, which I will be sure to book if I return.
4) The beds and linens are superb and very comfortable. The bedside lighting control layouts are well designed and the duvet is high quality and very comfortable. The wi-fi worked well and the TV had sufficient channels, but not a huge amount-couldn't find the Golf Channel which was a minus point.
5) Super staff which are friendly concerned as to how you are doing. You can't ask for more than that.
Now for the bad poinnts:
1) The shower is a disaster-both engineering wise and design wise. I had two cold morning showers in two rooms and waited 20 minutes each time for the water to get warm and it didn't. The sink water was very hot. The show handle fell off in the second room and landed on my foot-that will wake you up!! The shower leaks over head outside of the shower head and the door only closes into the shower. There is a seal on the door which prevents two way opening and catches soap scum etc. I don't understand this unless it is to prevent leakage onto the carpet in certain rooms. The open concept shower is not an issue for me-I like to assume the women I'm with look good in the shower. Warm showers are 1-5 on my list of 10 items that I judge a hotel by-the chances that I come back are slim.
2) The desks in execuitve suite didn't have chairs and the nearby available chairs were not desk type, heavy and not readily movable. Lighting in the rooms was difficult to control except from the bedside. Minibar prices are seriously crazy-like every hotel on planet Earth.
3) The traffic in the area is bad and the location is poor if you are not taking a very early flight out in the morning. Coming into Jakarta on the second evening took me 3 hours to get to the hotel-so much for "convenient to the airport". No hotel in Jakarta is truly convenient to the airport. If you want to go to another part of the city for another restaurant etc. it might be impossibly time consuming.
I don't think I'll risk another cold shower until the hotel gets all the bugs ironed out and when that will happen I don't know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupies strategic location in the heart of vibrant west Jakarta for business and leisure traveller, Only 25 minutes from Jakarta International Airport and approximately 15 minutes to central business district. The only Pullman adjacent to award winning Shopping Mall, Central Park and only few minutes away from Taman anggrek mall and Mall Ciputra Jakarta. A Suitable venue for meetings and social events while Collage offers a contemporary design for a different dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Jakarta Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Jakarta Central Park Hotel Jakarta