“Small room but good location!”

Pullman Jakarta Central Park
Ranked #24 of 456 Hotels in Jakarta
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Small room but good location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nites. I enjoyed the location and how it is adjacent to the Central Park mal so it is so easy to find food and meet friends. However I don't really like the decor, it is a pop art and not everybody can appreciate it. Personally I don't like it and the room is fairly small. I stayed in the deluxe room and feel like its pretty small. It doesnt have any bath tub, just a standing shower with glass doors. The hotel is fairly new so I think they are not 100 % ready yet. When I checked in on saturday nite around 7pm, there was only 1 person in the reception desk so I had to wait about 10-15 minutes to get some helped. Room was clean but my sink was clogged and the safe deposit box battery died so I had to call them and they fixed it right away. My room was on the 5th floor and one afternoon I could hear a really loud noise from the hallway. It was a worker that were fixing something next door but nobody let me know that there would be something done on my floor so it was pretty annoying when I was trying to rest. Overall it is a decent hotel, nice service, still pretty unorganized, need some improvement but on the up side..good location..adjacent to the mal and has plenty of food to choose from!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear pinkfransis,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your last stay with us and we are pleased to know that you have been benefited by our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall.

In regards to the waiting period you had to undergo while checking-in and the loud noise which had disturbed your sleep, herewith, we would like to inform you that we have shared these messages to the departments concerned for further reviews. Please rest assured that we are on efforts to improve our service standard to best fulfill our guests’ expectation.

Moreover, our room size was set out to accord with the entire design of our property and best suit the type of market we would like to target, however, we apologize should they discomfort you.

Once again, thank you for your feedbacks and we are looking forward to having the chance to accommodate you again in the near future.

Fabrice Mini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

This hotel should not open its doors yet to receive guests, given its many hic-cups and untrained staff. Even though I paid for an extra half day room rate for early check-in, my room was not ready when I arrived. Fine, never mind. I proceeded to the Executive Lounge for a coffee to wait until my room was ready.

When I settled down in my room, I faced a lot of problems connecting to the Internet. Wifi was not working. Despite calling 3 times and being promised "an IT person will be up to attend to you in 5 minutes', 45 minutes went by and no one came to assist.

Desperate to access my office email to prep for an important meeting, I went to the Executive Lounge again to access Wifi there. No luck.

Finally, after several hours, an IT person came and managed to get me connected in my room. But the connection kept dropping. I went out for a meeting, returned several hours later, plugged back into the Internet and still... NOTHING. Called Front Desk and was told the same thing-"in 5 minutes, someone will go up to assist you". An hour passed. Nothing. I called Front Desk 3 times, no one picked up my call. So I went down to talk to the Duty Manager face-to-face. It seems unless you show your face do you receive any form of assistance. After some effort, I was given a cable to connect to the internet. So why I paid to be upgraded to the Executive Floor for Wifi, I really do not know!

Another hic-cup. My office faxed me a document of 9 pages. Only 3 were sent up to my room. When I asked what happened to the rest of the pages, I received blank stares from the staff. Till the time I checked out, I never saw the remaining missing pages.

After my first day of failed attempts to connect to the Internet, I looked forward to finally being able to enjoy a hot shower. The shower room flooded and drenched the entire bathroom and also part of the carpeted area of the bedroom. So close to 1am, I was forced to call Front Desk AGAIN and ask for another room.

On top of this, there was renovation on the Executive Floor I was on that went on well past midnight.

On my second night there, a group of colleagues and I went to the lobby bar for a night cap. We sat outside and were quickly attacked by mosquitoes. We politely asked the waitress if the hotel had any spray or mosquito coil as many establishments do. We were promptly told by the waitress "Yah, you sit outside". And she walked away.

The hotel is clearly not ready to be opened yet. Infrastructure does not seem in place. Staff are definitely not well trained. Even the drainage has issues. My take: avoid this hotel like the plague. Check into Hotel Nikko, which is now named Pullman Central Jakarta, I believe.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaxter23
Dear Jaxter23,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay at our hotel.

We would like to inform you that delays occur during higher occupancy, however, we are on efforts to decrease and solve this situation.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the difficulties you have experienced while trying to connect to the internet (which is in fact available not only at the Executive Floor Rooms) and the fact that the shower was clogged which had deluged the floor, herewith, we would like to sincerely apologize since shortfalls in most cases come to pass at new establishments, however, we would like to apprise you that we are on top of them one by one which eventually leads us to the phase where things are running perfectly at our hotel.

Furthermore, we understand that the level of service from our associates in regards to the way your faxes were handled and your comments of mosquitos were answered have not fulfilled your expectation, once again, we would like to inform you that re-tuning which includes constant trainings of customers service satisfaction are conducted to aim for perfect results, however, we appreciate your feedback and apologize if these has discomforted you.

In this occasion, we also would like to inform you that regular mosquito fogging are conducted at our property.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Bandung, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stay in this hotel for 3 times, cause it's convenient to my work place. But this place seems got ongoing maintenance problem. First stay swimming pools cannot used because there're scattered glasses in pools from broken windows. Third stay I have to get up at 1am because air conditioning is not working. They have notification letter in room which I have no time to read, but they should warn this issue when they receive guests. Leave the hotel at 2:30 am

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ch3n9
Dear ch3n9,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel.

However, it is with much regret and dismay that I note the inconveniences you have experienced. Please accept my sincerest apology for these shortcomings and rest assured that we are on maximal efforts to be on top of these imperfections which generally occur at new establishments.
Let me thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed at Pullman Central Park for 5 nights before proceeding to Bali. Location, adjoining Central Park mall was excellent. Jakarta for us was a shopping stopover and although we visited many other malls in Jakarta we found that everything could be found at our doorstep. Food is plentiful with most of Franchises represented and a variety of other restaurants. Service at hotel excellent and breakfast offers HUGE variety. Even sushi. Would recommend to those who would wish to avoid hustle and bustle of Jakarta.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Accorhotels.com Traveler,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

It is our entire pleasure to be of your service and to have provided you with a full array of delectable elements at the buffet counters at Collage Restaurant.

We are glad to hear that you had a most enriching and distinctive experience at our hotel and our strategic location has also benefited you.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and on behalf of Pullman Jakarta Central Park team, we look forward to welcoming you again to our warm hospitality in the not too distant future.