“A value design hotel with a smile”

MaxOneHotels at Sabang
Ranked #127 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakar, Bhutan
“A value design hotel with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

this is one of the best budget hotel around. They serve you with a smile amd very polite. Check in was fast. The cleanlimess was top notch but it was small. Lucky me i got a room away from the street. Would reccomend to friends to try out max. I wuld try the max in palembang too

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The first impression was Wow!! The lobby was bright and fun. The ondel-ondel picture by the reception was outstanding. What made me suprised was the room number on the floor and the DnD sign by the door. It was well design. If you love food, there are tons of fopd around the hotel. For transport it was easy to find. Will return again soon.

Paralimni, Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had been amazed by many good reviews for this hotel. And I also loved chic hotels with fresh appearance.

The first time I checked-in in this hotel, I was quite worried where I should park the car.
In the reality there were only 6 car parking spaces in the hotel. I was super lucky that I could get one in front of the hotel. Otherwise I would be ended up parking on the street.

The first impression that I got from the hotel staff that handled me during check-in process was he was arrogant, ignorant and unfriendly. He kept me waiting without saying a single excuse word meanwhile he was busy doing something else in front of me, without no other guest presence.

Out of my expectation the room was tiny and I have to emphasize this SUPER DARK - VERY LESS LIGHTING. It was not wattage of the bulbs, since there were no lamps on the bed room, only on the foyer and above the writing area. So uncomfortable!

I started to look around, and I found out that there were no house phone in the room.
The room amenities was super minimum. Yes, they provided me with 2 complimentary mineral water and a pair of slipper. The room seemed so dull and narrow, especially with the effect of less lighting in the room.

Bathroom was standard, with a shower cabin and toilet bowl. Also a pack of very basic bathroom amenities. They didn't provide any single glass in the room and in the bathroom, even for brushing teeth. Most of the hotel was having difficulties in having hot water in the shower, but this hotel, it was very hard to get cold water thru the taps.
All the bathroom fixtures was quite luxurious, for the shower they were using the water mixer, but how hard you tried to mix the hot and cold water, the result were still the same.. Boiling hot water! There was an exhaust fan, but it was quite far from the shower cabin, with the little function due to the vapors that came out from the shower cabin. Suffocation was very possible.

With the rate I paid, I got not breakfast at all. At the time I booked I thought that the room must have been superb, since they sold it with good price without breakfast.
Since I found the quality of the rooms, I must say that it was over priced and over rated despite of the good location.

What a shame.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Harry2030101
Arfan M, Manager at MaxOneHotels at Sabang, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Harry2030101,

It looks like you travel with a family of four. You should have pick and stay in our warmth or love room, the size is more bigger and fits a family of 2 children. Our happiness room is comfortable for 2 people.
We understand that your demand and expect for a better hotel facilities and services and we do apologize we cannot meet to your expectations. We need to states that we are a two star hotel and we are not able to meet every customer demands.
I am sure when you stay in a 2 or 4/ 5 star hotel you will and can get all the amenities that you would require.
However we do apologies for the ignorance of our staff, I have check with the staff concern and he explained that he was in the middle of input important data into our hotel system and he does not mean to be ignorant.
Thank you for choosing us for your stay and hope to welcome you again in the future to redeem our mistakes.

Many thanks.
Best Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Small room, clean, colourful and cute design interior. The hotel is located in Jalan sabang, just a few minutes driving to the luxurious shopping malls "grand Indonesia and plaza indonesia". Taxis are easy to get.. If you are seeking for upper class bars or restaurants, this hotel is not recommended because this area is full of local hawker food stalls and some restaurants. It's like a budget area for budget travellers. Yet, there are many local business workers walking around during the weekday.. And everyone was looking at us because we were not in formal business attire.. Kinda weird. Overall, the service is okay, staffs are helpful but there's no telephone in the room and it was noisy outside. We can even hear the noise in our room.

Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent hotel, great value for Jakarta Thamrin Center...

Nearby services, food, restaurants, ...

Only the size of the room is tiny one....

Also, if you can choose not near close the elevator is better.

Room Tip: Not close to the elevator-
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Pls service customer wit good manner n give customer happy when them stay at ur hotel....I won't book this hotel anymore..at the room no phone n cannot call room service! I'm really not happy when I stay...never check my booking n never take note ...

1 Thank Herecy
Arfan M, General Manager at MaxOneHotels at Sabang, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Herecy,
Thanks for dropping this note. Let me take this moment to personally apologize. I will take this investigation asap, and should we find any differences in the prices from your booking, we will refund your payment. Will keep you informed.
In meantime, please accept our apology.

Many thanks.
Best Regards

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great location in the center of Jakarta, friendly staff, just walking distance to Sarinah, 5 mins walk where you will find lots of street food & 24 hrs restaurants, burger king, mcdonals, garuda [padang food]. By cab, it takes 5 min to get to Grand Indo, Mandarin Oriental & Plaza Indo. ATM & 24 hr convenient store located at the hotel entrance, coffee world the serves complete lunch menu's @ Rp 25 + k. Rooms are simple, comfortable & clean - beds & pillow is really what you'll miss, when you get back after a long day. Hot/ powerful rain shower - including a shower seat, amenities is all you would require. A definite stay when I'm back in Jakarta

Room Tip: short or long stay in Jakarta, this is a good hotel. Sightseeing around the city is easy, by public...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business