“Unique hotel with fun factors”

MaxOneHotels at Sabang
Ranked #137 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 9, 2013

What catches my eyes was the fun theme it has for the hotel room that I was checked into.

There are wooden block of 'trees' that function as cloth hanger and there is a 'chart' at the front of the door, for the patrons to indicate if you want the room to be cleaned up or not. Something that show they put a lot of details into these stuff to please the patrons.

The location is really good as it is not far from Plaza Indonesia Shopping Mall, just a short ride and you be there.

There are various restaurants near to the hotel and it sure comes in handy when you are looking for supper in the evening.

Overall, very good hotel with pleasant staff!

Room Tip: Go for the corner unit away from the lift, it be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Loved the room, Nice decoration- very clean and cozy. loved the bathroom too. Staff very helpful. When it comes to location, it's simply perfect with ample street foods. love it! We will definately reccommend friends to stay while holiday in Jakarta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lim L
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hi Max, I want to thank you for your warm hospitality. Indeed your hotels are consistently Awesome Blossom. Recently I stayed at MaxOneHotels at Palembang and was impressed. So I decided to stay in Jakarta to check it out. I am pleasantly surprised with the same good service and design. Room is a bit smaller than Palembang but I don't mind at all. Keep up the great work. Xoxoxo.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MariaVS1
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Two days in the huge and busy Jakarta on a budget? This is for you.
We had only a day and a half to spend in Jakarta before our internal flight to Yogya, we were on a budget but still wanted to visit Monas and the the National museum. This proved to be a very good location, close to budget eateries (warungs) and to the sights we were after.
The hotel itself is cheap yet nicely decorated, the rooms are small but comfy and all have aircon.
The staff was helpful, and even though reaching the internet is never a given in Indonesia, they were persistent in trying to fix the wifi, and succeded!
Highly recommended for short stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift, we were in very good rooms but heard people complaining about the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had to do a 24 hr turnaround at Jakarta and tried out this Value chain hotels. Usually I am quite skeptical but i was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and the service culture. Tucked away on a parallel road to Jl MH Thamrin, it is nestled in a local neighbourhood of Jl Agus Salim. It is a new yellow coloured building and while the streets are quite beaten up. It is situated nearby Plaza Indonesia, offers amenities like 7-11, American Grill, Eatology (Highly recommend), Dunkin Donuts and Warung Desa(Good Indonesian cuisine). Watch out for the cars in this narrow road but I like the charm. The rooms are very spacious and the fittings very clean and rooms kept very fresh. May be tough to grab a cab but you will eventually.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I don,t remember what type room I stayed but it was quite spacious, clean, comfortable bed. Except the rates 63 $ was quite high compared to other budget hotel with the same size room. Tried break fast at lobby coffee shop that served some delicious menu and cake.
Location is great at jl sabang that u can find food stall at your choices, the place also close to sarinah shoping center, plaza indonesia, cinema, starbuck, ATM etc.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Setyabudianto
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We dont like Jakarta at all. Traffic jam, so many people, so many motor cycle...etc. But it is capital so we wanted to see it. I dont think i will never go back there :) In my opinion location of MaxOneHotel Sabang is ok because it is really close to all important spots such as National Monument, National Museum, Istiqlal Mosque, Cathedral...etc and u can reach them by walking. It was good for us. Also the hotel is located between two stops of transJakarta. On the left side Sarinah and the right side Bank Indonesia but for sure u need to go main road. It takes nearly 10 minutes... So you can take bus where you wanna go. According to comments on web about transJakarta, you can easily think it is modern transportation :) But sorry guys it is not :) I live in China so I get used to some interesting transportation ways so it was not problem for me :) May be it will be for you :) We didnt prefer go outside at nights because at nights hotel environment doesnt look safe to us anyway we couldnt find anything to do at night in Jakarta cuz we just went there for historical places and worth to see spots not for its nightlife. So I dont have any idea about its night life. If you can eat sth on street you can easily enjoy the environment cuz there are so many places to eat. I can recommend one thing. At first time it seemed disgusting to me but then we decided to try it. I am 100% sure you will see it. It is nearly round stuff and in the middle of it there is sth green :) And it is delicious, you should try it... It is just a cake :) On the main road there are starbucks, burgerking, mcdonalds...etc. So location is ok. Our room was really cute and clean but it was really small. They have hot water really hot one :) If you want, everyday they clean your room but they dont change towels everyday. Tv has so many channel so you can enjoy :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple