“disappointing staff”

Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta
Ranked #79 of 8,217 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the official TripAdvisor page of Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta! It's for everyone who loves great food, cool people, & incredible music. Keep on rockin!
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was going to celebrate my wedding anniversary here last night. So, I've been calling to make reservations since 3 days before but the lady said I can't make reservations for a small party (2 persons) and suggest just to come earlier to get some seats. So I did, I came early but it was full and the waitress was very inappropriate saying that there are no more seats and said I should I have made reservations first. Hellooooo!!!!

Novelia S, Public Relations at Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Mrs Ima,

On behalf of Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta Management, I'd like to apologize about what happened to you on your visit to our cafe. We believe that there was miscommunication between you and our servers here and we truly apologize for that. However, thank you for delivering this issue to us. We will address this matter to our operational team and we assure you that this issue won't happen again in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

After a rather disappointing experience at the Hard Rock Cafe in Berlin, the Jakarta branch was my first trip to a Hard Rock Cafe in a couple of years. I was in Jakarta for the weekend with a friend from Italy who wanted to buy a Jakarta-Shirt from the RockShop. We´ve been here at November 2nd and for some unclear reason there was a Halloween-Event. So we had to pay 150.000 Cover Charge including a nice Eye-Balls Drink. We had a hard time finding a place since every seat seemed to be reserved. We finally settled on a place that was for 4 people but only reserved for 2. After a bit of discussion the staff decided to let us sit there and split the place up by moving the tables a bit afar.

The drinks (Eye-Balls and Hurricane) were very nice and completely relieved me from the stress of taking the public transport of Jakarta. I had a Honey-Citrus Grilled Chicken Salad which tasted pretty awesome.

The staff was all dressed and made-up for Halloween which provided a great atmosphere. Also the live-band was very good but a bit loud for me, since I forgot my ear-protection. There was a poor guy who had birthday and had to come to the stage. His dance skills were lacking which was pretty funny for onlookers.

All in all this experience made me signing up for a Hard-Rock Membership and I will definitly come again when I am in the area!

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we're glad that you have a great experience here in Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta. Your comments and input are totally important for us to improve our service to get better and better in the future. Thank you and we hope to see you again at Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta!!

Cheers!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visited HRC Jakarta for dinner. New location is at Pacific Place Mall in CBD Sudirman. The staff are friendly, seems they came from the old place. Interior is typical HRC around the world. Ordered drinks and food but we must wait for such a long time. Food presentation and taste is totally average. Price is very expensive compare to quality of food we've ordered at local restaurant. It's not value for money. Not the best place to hang out anymore in Jakarta.

Novelia S, Public Relations at Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Ms Dewi,

On behalf of Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta management, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience while visiting Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta. We also want to apologize if you were not really satisfied with our service and food in your first visit. We will address your comments to our operational team so that we could improve our service to get better in the future. However, we'd really like to see you again at Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta as we promise to provide a lot better service to all of our customers.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Came here on Sunday Night, we are entertained by a live band that played britpop songs as it is a Sunday Night theme songs.. The bands are okay.. the waiter/waitresses are typical hard rock.. friendly and nice.. ordered smoked salad simply because we find the avocado images on the menu is very tempting.. so we ordered one. When it reached our table, there are no avocado at all! we ask nicely to the waiter and he politely said that the avocado is finish. A little bit dissapointed by the answer and for him not to tell us from the very beginning about it but the taste of the salad is frankly not bad. The atmosphere of the cafe is quite upscale, not as laid back as the previous place of Hard rock cafe in Jakarta before.

Novelia S, Public Relations at Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear madam,

On behalf of Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta management, we are truly sorry for the lack of communication from our server while serving you in our cafe last Sunday. However, we assure you that we will address this to our operational team to avoid the same issue in the future, Thank you so much for your comment and input, we really appreciate it and we hope to see you again to experience the better service from us.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited the new Hard Rock Cafe...Nice and clean location....Disappointed by the triple high souvenir prices compared to all branches world wide...No price control in Indonesia I think..Lousy staff at the store, failed to wrap 3 shirts and some key chains....Not recommended if you can get the stuff in a different country....Also found that Ebay can provide the same materials half the price..keep laughing HRC lovers.

Novelia S, Public Relations at Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for visiting Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta and our Rock Shop. Please understand that the price of the items here might be higher as the result of the tax (as all of our items are imported). We also want to apologize if one of our retail staffs has disappointed you. However, we really appreciate your comments and let this be our learning point to improve our service in the future.

Thank you and we hope to see you again in Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta :)