“Open a shower for 30 minutes..”
Review of Hotel Tator

Hotel Tator
Ranked #109 of 332 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Open a shower for 30 minutes..”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Actually I want to stay at djody hostel, next to tator but it full booked, Then I stay at tayor. I stay at 306 room. Single bed, about 180cm x 100cm, Not bad for me. But its a big problem to you for those who have a problem with noisy environment. And then in the morning, I forget to buy some toothbrush, so i take breakfast after buy some toothbrush. As an Indonesian man, a breakfast must be a "rice" for me. And what i've got is only 2 slices of bread, strawberry jam and butter. Still hungry, I looking for some clean warteg, and found warteg 99, its clean n cheap for me by the way. The next problem is the shower, after came from warteg 99 i want to take shower, and the water won't come out from the shower. I think maybe If I wait for 5 minutes, the shower is on. But when I waiting about 10 minutes, and i fall asleep again, then after 30 minutes since I open, the water came out. Come on guysss, can't you fix this problem? I can give you average rating, since your room and facility is more better than djody hostel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Jihlava, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 28, 2013

There is not much choice of budget hotels in Jakarta (at least my experience). There are several of them on Jl. Jaksa, the price is usually moreless the same. We paid 160000 IDR / night for a double room with AC, bathroom inside. The room was pretty ok, we even got a window. Unfortunately, also a lot mosquitoes (although we got the AC there).

Breakfast included - toasted bread, butter, egg, coffee. It was better than we expected on such a kind of hotel.

Well, it's not a "nice" hotel, comparing other places in Indonesia it's overpriced. On the other hand, better than e.g. Djody's (cleaner, nicer room, window, better breakfest) which is the same price.

Other experience - another time we were in Jakarta and just needed to take a shower. Came to Tator, asked the guy to let us shower for some small fee, refused. In Djody, no problem, they let us for 20000 IDR.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I went to this place because it was mentioned on my guide book, i had no time to browse for other places as i arrived at around midnight in jakarta! They say jalan jaksa is the place to be for travelers so i went there...
This street is so dirty and gives you a very strange feeling you will not experience in any other part of indonesia! It is full with man/female prostitutes and other weird people,
The hotel was fine from the outside but the room was soo nasty! It had a prison cell character.
I havent seen any traveler in this street , maybe it gets busy during the high season,
My advice : stay away from this place/street

Room Tip: Just go away!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

No safe here so I hid my valuables credit cards,cash etc under my mattress in room 306 last night(if anybody reads this and is there! ahha. My own fault I forgot to get them the next morning when I left to Bangkok.
Called the hotel many times but nobody could speak english and at one point they just stopped answering the phone to me.
Dirty,smelly,room but cheap enough.
WIFI does not work in the rooms.

Room Tip: go to margot down the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank paula2781
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Dark, old, dirty, and overprice.

I stay here for one night for my first day in Jakarta. For me the room was overprice. They charge me around 100,000rp for double room because they don't have single.

Free breakfast is a toast egg and coffee. The location is good but I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011