“Loved it”

favehotel Wahid Hasyim
Ranked #141 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I loved this hotel, the rooms were a bit small and the breakfast was nothing to write home about. However, it was in a fantastic location, the staff were really friendly and overall it just had a good vibe about it. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LindseyErin

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great hotel in great location, very strategic located in middle of Central Jakarta. Near to Sarinah and Jalan Sabang which is very easy to find food around those areas. However, bit pricey consider favehotel brand is 2,5 stars hotel.

Will Recommended for sure...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tiket.com
2  Thank Hendry18
Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you want to stay in a hotel that is basic, clean with pleasant decor, then this is it. It is ideally located near all the shopping. If you go right, you will hit the main business road (Thamrin) with upscale shopping and restaurant within 1 to 2 blocks. If you go left, with in two blocks you will find the biggest wholesale clothing market. We were amazed by it, price was unbeatable.

The hotel stuffs were superb! Helpful, smiling and welcoming. Internet was great. Breakfast had fruits, cereal, choice of bread, juice, omelet, some Indonesian and western choice etc. Although limited but enough for a good start.

Only problem was noise. We had to change rooms twice due to either air conditioner or plumbing noise. Which showed poor maintenance. It was really annoying when you cannot have a good night sleep. Do not expect a closet, because there was none.

Overall experience was very good. We payed $50/night through Agoda. I think it was value for money. I won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NDG5456
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the Favehotel Wahid Hasyim whilst in Jakarta on business. The rooms are small, but quite adequate, especially for the solo traveler or couple. The location is central, not far from Bunderan HI, Monas, Grand Indonesia and other sites. There is a Bluebird cab rank out the front and right next door is a 24hr convenience store. The staff are delightful and friendly. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and the room had a multi region power point that allowed me to use my Australian chargers without an adapter. The room also had a desk with a good chair that was useful for me to send business emails and work on my computer. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Abby W
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Aside from its location, Fave has given me a great nights of sleeping. So in love with the view (room 518 or 516). The window is huge, thus the green leaves from an old Mahogani tree in their parking lot covered my view. I like that romantic ambiance! Sorry I have to mention the creepy floral printed image on my headboard. It scared me on my nights back from the toilet. Another minus is the room wasnt fully blackened out since the curtain wasnt overlapping.

Also loving their room service menu that is managed by Tomodachi cafe. I ordered a portion of calamari and club sandwich. That costs me only around 55k (including taxes). I believe you cant beat that (price vs taste) in any room service throughout Jakarta. The taste was above my expectations, it was ok! But yeah, their bfast buffet was rather disappointing.

The front office people also forgot to give my ID back during the check in process. They didnt call to tell me about this, too. In the middle of the night, i checked my wallet and suddenly realized that my ID wasnt there. Instantly call the reception and they said they had it. What a careless officer.

Room Tip: Request the room with leaves view, such as 518 / 516.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Fe P
FaveWahid, Manager at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Sorry to hear you didn’t like the mural on the wall. We use photos to keep with our fun, fresh, and friendly feel. Each favehotel location has different motifs for photos in each room. So you can always request to change rooms if you like.

Sorry about the mix up with your ID. We have reminded the team of our policy to leave a note in the room and also to follow up with a call for any guest items left at the front desk.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. My favorite thing about this hotel is the window that directly faces the main road. It allows sunlight come into my room, not too bright because there are a big tree with small population of butterflies and small birds (very nice view in heart of Jakarta).

The location is very nice. The room is spacious and clean. Safe locker makes me more comfort.

Good place to stay in Central Jakarta.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicky P

We are happy you had a nice stay with us, thank you!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I take this hotel 1 December 2012. I take this place to celebrate the new year together with the community of jakarta. And take to stay this hotel because the location of the hotel in the center of the city. Many events around the Sudirman Street. For hotel facilities are very affordable. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. For service very satisfactory and the waitress helpful and very polite. I ever asked for help to room service named Mr. Agung Vino and he was very helpful in resolving the problem. Because without cooperation between guest with the services are not going to run as is expected. Therefore very grateful for this outstanding service. Breakfast menu is very simple because not too many available. For taxis are very hard to find but we can ask the hotel to find a taxi service. Thank you and Happy New Year 2013

• Stayed: December 2012