favehotel Wahid Hasyim
$56
$45
$36
Priceline
All reviewsfave hoteltanah abangsarinah mallbudget hotelwalking distancetaman sari spacircle kgrand indonesiastrategic locationnew wingconvenient storedepartment storesmall roomcentral jakartafried riceegg stationclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love the service they have provided, the hotel staff are attentive and friendly, they manage to send me a water boiling kettle, hair dryer and even a universal wall adapter! The room is small but cozy, very clean and everything looks new! Surprisingly the room was quiet enough and very comfortable, especially the bed.
The breakfast was okay, I love the coffee! Walking distance to shopping mall with a few 24-hour fast food chains. Also, there is a convenient store right next to the hotel.
I want to thank one of the staff name 'Jeri' for his superb service during our stay, he was very helpful to fulfill our request (by using the internet for emergency purpose). He just saved our day!
I will definitely come back again if I visit Jakarta in the future.

P/S: Any plan to add more variety of the food for the breakfast?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank mitchiwong
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Overall, value for money. The location is good, although it is on the wrong side of Jl Wahid Hasyim, which means that all restaurants and shops are a bit of a walk away, and the street outside is not attractive. The day service is good and attentive, the night service is not. The hotel is newish and rooms are basic but clean. They have a safe, but no fridge. Good wifi. The breakfast is not up to standard.
Overall, you get what you pay for. Recommended for budget travelers.

Room Tip: A room facing the front (street view) is better as you won't get woken up by the Mosque. Higher floor gives green view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bhelpful
FaveWahid, Manager at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for your compliments! Glad to receive your recommendation and hope to welcome you back. We will do a retraining for our night staff to ensure they are as attentive as our day staff.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This week was my 2nd stay. I wrote a review after my 1st stay last June. I did not see much change from last time ie as good as last time I stayed yet the ranking has slipped from <20 in May/June 2012 to >30 now.

Could it be that the other hotels have improved by leaps and bounds in some aspects??

Thank you again for another pleasant stay. Any plans to provide some closets in the rooms?

I

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kkhkid
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Favehotel is a good place to stay if you are looking for somewhere clean and well located in Jakarta, while on a budget.

Pros: Favehotel is in a good, and relatively well known location. The front desk staff are pleasant to deal with and mostly they do speak good English. The staff at the hotel were happy to help us get a cab and were easy to deal with when we had problems.

Cons: As others have mentioned, the wifi is slow, it was useable but expect to face times when it is very slow. The rooms are very basic, they are clean and have no frills (e.g. no hair dryer, multi-voltage shaver outlet in the bathroom, washcloths, etc.).

Massage: The hotel does offer in-room massage service at a reasonable rate (135,000 / hr), however the quality of the massage is terrible and organization is poor. We requested massages for the two of us, and found out only one was available only 5 minutes prior to the massage. The one that did come showed up 10 minutes late and then tried to convince us that 1 hour had passed when it had actually only been 30 minutes. During the massage she seemed very distracted and was checking her watch every 5 minutes.

Tips:
- On Friday evening an Saturday afternoon, getting to the malls in Central Jakarta (e.g. Plaza Indonesia) will take up to 30-40 minutes in a cab, despite being right down the road. The ride back in the evening will be less than 5 minutes so plan time accordingly.

- Most cab drivers will know where this hotel is, but given it is a short fare from Plaza Indonesia we had an incident where a cab driver took us for a ride around the block. Always show the cab driver the hotel’s business card and print a map of the hotel location (before heading to Jakarta). That way the taxi driver will have no excuse to get ‘lost’

- The hotel didn't have a map of the city/area, so plan to bring one/print one or stop at the tourist office when you arrive

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was my third time to stay at this hotel. I chose it for its location close to the center of Jakarta. The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is OK. No mini-bar or refrigerator but two bottles of drinking water is provide daily. There is a Circle K convenience store on the ground floor. There is a restaurant with modest menu. There is an in-room safe, wifi and flat screen TV with several English channels. I had a room facing the back of the hotel and I had a nicer view of the tall buildings. Reception was pleasant and both check-in and check-out was quick and efficient. I had an issue with the rates I was billed and Mr. Oka - the front office manager quickly acted on it. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas
Rudy H, General Manager at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear J Emmanuel - LasPinas

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive stay experience at the favehotel wahdihasyim jakarta on your recent visit to Jakarta

We sincerely appreciate your trust to keep coming back to our hotel that you find it strategically located. We will always strive to continue improve our hotel facility and service but regret to hear a minor unnecessary mischarge that P'Oka our Front-Office Mgr handled it timely. We investigated that it was a system error that unfortunately occurred to you but we have immediately took corrective action to avoid re occurrence

Once again thank you for recommending and posting review about favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta, we look forward to seeing you back to our property in the near future

Warms regards,