“price are never lie”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food was good, with variety wines. Located in central district of Jakarta, this place was dedicated for you whom enjoy an eatenery experience which focus on your food taste since it was inside the office building.

The guest are diverse, a typhical of foreign restaurant with the original taste of food. The portion for me are sufficient for woman who's having a dinner with diet schedule :)

1  Thank rennipuri
rezathalib, Owner at Amuz, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear MS. Rennipuri,

Thank you for your recent visit to AMUZ, your valuable feedback help us to improve our quality of services and products. Should you need further assistance for your next visit please do not hesitate to contact us at 2505067 or email us at cheffounder@amuzgourmet.com.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Excellent, french, food and wine! Especially worth a visit during truffle season.
Location is not ideal; on the umpteenth floor of an uninteresting office building just across from a noisy coffee bar.
Decor is more business like than cosy French.
On occasion we were unpleasantly surprised by fellow diners bringing their children, nannies and all their electronic devices.

1  Thank Maria E
rezathalib, Owner at Amuz, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Mr Maaike e,

Thank you for your recent visit to our restaurant. We are happy to hear you satisfied with our food and wine. We noted on your comments for our location and neighbor. We are working with the building management to make sure our neighbor concept will be revised in near future. We are looking forward to welcome our new neighbor with more inline concept with AMUZ.

We also noted on the nanny, even though we have policy there is no nanny in the premises unless they also seated together in the table, sometimes we still experiencing the other way around. However it will always our homework to resolve this matters.

Once again on behalf of AMUZ teams and partners, I would like to thank you and we are looking forward to serve you in near future. SHould you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at cheffounder@amuzgourmet.com for any assistance.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Chef, Gilles Marx, just amazing.. The restaurant is awesome.. The food is just soooo delicious.. Bit pricey, but i think its worth to spend.. The service is great.. Went here with my colleague, and they are so happy because i choose this restaurant. Next time i have another lunch/dinner meeting in Jakarta, absolutely i'll down with Amuz.. :)

rezathalib, Owner at Amuz, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Ms Nadiafabiola,
On behalf of AMUZ team and partners, I would like to thank you for your visit to AMUZ. We glad to hear that you satisfied with our food and service. My partner Chef Gilles also send his regards to you. As I write you this mail, I already pass your positive comments to our service and kitchen team.
Their hard works always feel paid off every time we received good feedback from our clients.
We are looking forward to serve you again in the near future, should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact our email cheffounder@amuzgourmet.com.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

i longed to try this restaurant for so long bcoz i heard it is one of the best french in jkt, so my expectation was quite high but turned out it wasn't so WOW as i thought it was.

me n my husband ordered artichoke soup, pan-seared foie grass, us prime steak, crispy suckling pig and grand marnier souffle.
none of those dishes are amazing. prime steak was good but the side dish was just lack of flavour. foie grass was good. but compare to the french ive been to, i still prefer lyon or cassis.

the most turn down was the suckling pig, i couldnt even finish it. the flavour was just wrong and weird, i think the pig doesnt deserve to be on the menu at all! the weird taste of the pig is even still in my head. it tasted like chinese but its just wrong and bad (i'm so sorry but this is true from my heart)
the story why i ordered suckling pig here becoz last time i ate crispy pork in metiz bali which was so amazing, never had i ate amazing pork like that. so i thought i wanted to try if this top rated resto could pull it off like metiz but sadly not.
maybe i should have tried the fish or other beef instead.

the taste of the souffle is good but the texture is more like pudding cake when it should be fluffy and light.

overall to me the price and the quality of the food is just overprice. sorry :(

1  Thank foodish
rezathalib, Owner at Amuz, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Mrs Foodies,

Thank you for your recently visit to AMUZ, above all we also thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us. We noted on your comments and in our weekly management meeting your comments to our service team already inform to all management.
As for the kitchen team, they are taking a serious note and work smart to fix any discrepancy in our quality standard.
As for the service team, I personally would like to hear more from you. i would be delighted if you can email me at my personal email address rezathalib@amuzgourmet.com for your contact so I could learn more from you regarding your experience in our restaurant.
Once again we really appreciate you comments and we are sure that your feedback will help us to improve our quality products and services.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I emailed Amuz, told them that I would like to have our anniversary dinner there, and presented them with my budget. Chef Gilles Marx surprised us with a degustation menu that was enjoyable from amuse bouche to the delicate dessert. Not only everything was more that I bargained for, but the impression lasts. It was among my best special occasion dining out experience ever.

rezathalib, Owner at Amuz, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Mr/Mrs Vehandojo,

On behalf of AMUZ teams and partners, We would like to thank you for trusting us on your special event. As long as we could cater our clients needs, we will try our best to work with the inquiry.
We hope to serve you again in near future. Please contact us anytime for any assistance required for your booking.