“Very very good”

Ranked #129 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Davao City
“Very very good”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Location is good but quite a long walk to the main road. The street where the hotel is located is not well kept and have shanties but I did not feel it was dangerous. There was a good and big Chinese restaurant in the same street. But having said that, it is only 3 minutes to Mangga Dua shopping center so that's a big plus. Taxis are not easy to come by and the waiting White Horse limo taxi charges double to triple sometimes quadruple what metered taxis would charge. Get a Blue Bird Group taxi as they always use the meter and don't negotiate the price before the trip.. Most staff know basic English and I hope they improve so communication will be easier.

One in our group called to say that their aircon did not work well. they promptly upgraded them to a bigger room with good air conditioning they asked why they did not have a ref.In five minutes a guy brought in a ref and stocked it.

Overall I like the hotel. It gives me good value for money. It was a very enjoyable stay, mostly smooth and very good accommodating and gracious staff.

Room Tip: rooms from 27 to 33 are better than the lower floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brunei
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its still new (opened in 2010). We stayed here for 4 nights and we were happy with our stay. We opted for the suite and it was huge with big king size and very comfortable bed. All the amenities were provided, there were 2 flatscreen tvs, two balconies and free internet connection (but cables need to be requested at front desk). The room and washroom were clean. We stayed on 29th floor and we didn’t have any problem with the lifts as previously reported here.

The view was great, we could see the whole of Jakarta literally.
The only downside of the hotel was its location, its in the middle of slum area, although not a nuisance but not a good sight to see. But if you didn’t mind the sight, its no problem at all, you could see the stark contrast between the upscale and the common people. A good place to see everyday life of Indonesians. Sometimes taxis were hard to find if you want to go to the city centre and don’t get me start on the traffic jam! It was really terrible and I cringed on the way the drivers drove.

Breakfast was ok, good varieties of food and we love the crackers so much and it was the highlight of our breakfast every day! There were shuttle buses to Mangga Dua Square, Mall and ITC every hour and there was also free wifi at the lobby. The staff were polite and friendly.

We really enjoyed our stay and didn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose higher level to see the great view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
surabaya
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was on a business trip and bought the hotel voucher from a travel agent at the airport. The hotel has just been renovated. I stayed in a superior room (non-smoking). The room is basic for a four star hotel but it is definitely clean. The bathroom is spotless. They have a glass door for the shower area separating it from the rest of the bathroom area but make sure you put a towel under the glass door unless you like the rest of the bathroom area all wet.
Standard amenities such as soaps, shampoo, tooth brush, tooth paste, bathrobes, hair drier (no comb), tea/coffee facilities, mini bar, LCD TV (no DVD or any kind of player), internet connection (I did not use it, I can not say anything about it), safe deposit box are provided. The size of the room is adequate. The AC works well but it is a little bit noisy.
Nothing special about the lounge, the dining area, the swimming pool and the gym but they have them all and serve the purpose well if you are on business trip.
They have everything for breakfast from potato, rice, bread, noodles; a few meat (nothing special), egg station, basic salad bar, fruit, some sweet desserts, to tea, coffee, milk, and juices. Breakfast is average but it serves the purposes of providing wholesome food and give the energy to start your busy work day.The gym and the swimming pool are small but clean and nothing special about them. It is nice to have both of them, I did not use the swimming pool. They have treadmills, elliptical trainer, exercise bike, chest press, back extension, pull-down machine in the gym (and probably a few more, I can not remember them all). I think the gym facility is more than enough for everybody especially during a business trip just to fresh-up the body.
The elevator is slow, as they have only 3 or 4 (I am not so sure) of them to serve the whole building including the apartment.
Location of the hotel is great, it is close to shopping mall, restaurants, bars. If you care about hawker food, they are plenty nearby. The street in front of the hotel is rather small but close to a big main road. Airport is about 45-60 minute away by taxi which is considered near by Jakarta standard. Taxi would cost around 140 - 150 K (including toll fare) to go to the airport. Taxi (clean and new) is available right in front of the hotel.
Service is superb,any staffs I deal with from the front office, waiters in the restaurant, to concierge, etc work professionally, attentive, correct and efficient without the snob aura.
It is a great business hotel taking into account all factors.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drifterbean
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had made a reservation at this hotel for 3 nights, however 2 weeks before the stay, I decided to cancel them per the policy (can cancel up to 6pm on the day of the beginning of your stay without any charges). I got a cancellation number from Best Western and thought that was the end of this reservation.
Upon returning to the US, I checked my bank records to find that I had been charged for all 3 nights, plus a foreign transaction fee. I contacted BW and let them know that I had been falsely charged for a stay that I did not make and had properly cancelled.
I have been making phone calls and emails for 2 weeks now trying to get this charge off of my credit card, and have finally got my bank involved after many promises from Best Western and this hotel manager stating that it had been done. I have also cancelled my credit card and will get a new one, but BW will not ever have it in their system again. I will no longer be faithful to BW as I have for many years.
Do NOT Trust this hotel management!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debinatorColorado

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I chose to stay here since best western premier dual sentral in Kuala Lumpur provides very good service and comfortable stay and i was expecting to receive the same from this hotel. Indeed, the service was excellent. The staffs were very helpful and friendly. The room is spacious but the toilet is a bit small. very comfortable pillows and bed.

I just don't like the location of the hotel. You have to go through the slum areas before you reach the hotel. It is like a castle in the middle of nowhere. Eventhough the marts and few food outlets are located nearby the hotel (walking distance), you just dont have the guts to walk there from the hotel since you have to walk along the bad roads and slums.

One thing good about this hotel is that it provides shuttle to Mangga Dua Mall. From there, you can just do your shopping and hop from one mall to another since they are located nearby. You just have to pre-book the shuttle.

I stayed on 31st floor. The view was spectacular. You can see the entire north jakarta from the room. It was a breath taking scenery. I have to agree with other reviews about the lift. Yes, despite the hotel has 6 lifts, the lifts are extremely slow. You really have to wait for about 15 mins. If you are planning to take the shuttle and you have booked the shuttle, just go down earlier cause you will be spending more time waiting for the lift than the shuttle.

The breakfast was limited. Not many choices. i prefer not to drink the coffee as it was very bitter. We did ordered food from the cafe at night. The boy who sent us the food had informed us that we need to pay cash for the food and we cant sign the bill and pay later upon check-out. When we called the reception, we were informed otherwise. We just decided to pay the boy. The fried chicken was superb. Would recommend you to try it.

Will i stay here again? No, because i dont like the location and yes, because it is very comfortable hotel to stay at.

overall, i was glad that i stayed at this hotel for 2N and was happy that i spent my time in the hotel since i was afraid and not wanting to wander around the area due to the location of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the higher floor so that you will get better view but you have to be aware that yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Coming from the airport into the city made me wonder what I've I gotten myself into again (slums, bad roads etc) but the hotel for was the best considering I paid $50 per night. Room was super comfortable. Was unlucky that the floods trapped me here for a couple of days but I just enjoyed the comfy bed and pillows. Watched HBO, Cinemax and CNN all day. Not my style during a vacation but the hotel provided that comfort that we all required after being stuck with a once in a five year flood.

Cons are slum location (but so is most other hotels), long wait for lifts, unhelpful staff, not very interesting menu. The only good thing about their menu is their breakfast. Apart from these, I really enjoyed and will come back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
balikpapan
Reviewed January 3, 2013

it was our second time stay in best western... we choose this hotel because its near by the harco mangga dua and ITC mangga dua center of cheap shopping in jakarta
we got super deluxe room, the room was in 32 floor so sometimes it takes 15 -20 minutes queue up for the lift.... huhuhuhu
but the room was very big and the bed was so comfy... this is what we love about best western.
the bathroom was small and they only gave us 2 towel... there is no small toewl for washing hand or face.... pitty....
but over all, we statisfied staying here considering the price is not so expensive

Room Tip: choose a super deluxe room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple