“Amazing short holiday..!”

Ranked #132 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Bandung, Indonesia
“Amazing short holiday..!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Booked a room on last minute was taken care easily. Stop by port-cochere, greeted and welcomed by security officer. A quick check in and the receptionist just giving out the room key, would be good if he offered assistance with my luggage. But don't bother as we didn't bring so much luggage. When we arrived in the room, we were surprised as the room was bigger enough for me and the family. the room has a good city view on 30th floor. The bedroom was spacious and modern style.

The next morning, we went down for breakfast. It served various selection of breakfast menu. Have to wait for a little longer for an omelet but the taste was good. The service was good when they're busy with other guests, the waitress cleared up our table quite often.

The things that can be improved were the AC in the room was quite noisy and we got to wait for almost 30 minutes for the lift after swimming. The lift was only three when they served a lot of guests ups and down from lobby to 31st floor.

Overall, the short holiday was amazing and my family enjoyed staying there, would really love to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A relatively new & modern hotel but with too many drawbacks.

There are not enough lifts at busy and not so busy times thus leaving guests waiting far too long. Once you get into the lift, it was always crowded and stopped too many times till it got to my floor being floor 28.

Bedroom is good size, clean and modern. The bathroom is a different story. The ceiling is shabby and bubbling, looks like the leaks are being poorly patched up. See photos. There was some sort of overflow pipe continuously leaking onto the floor, continuous drip drip. No idea where it was coming from but hope it was not from some guests toilet overflow pipe. See photos. Not the sort of bathroom you would expect in a hotel of this calibre. Don’t stay in room 2803, but no idea if other bathrooms any better. Also No bath, only a shower.

No wifi in the rooms only in the lobby. Although they have wired internet they did not have any wire to connect to my laptop in the room. I called to housekeeping and they said they would send one right away. After 2 hrs and still no wire, I went down to the check in desk and was told they do not have any left. After complaining they miraculously gave me one but guess what, when I went to my room it did not work, the cable end was snapped off. I gave up and went to sleep.

The lobby is large modern and impressive. They have several beautiful flower arrangements in the lobby but they are all fake, no fresh flowers in this place.

Nice view from room both day and night.

Too many issues to make me come back again or be able to recommend.

Room Tip: Don't take room 2803 - bathroom is terrible
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank rm1003

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed one night and our room was on the 33rd floor. Spectacular views, pity about the smog.

Issues like smog are not the hotels fault. Also no-one walks in Jakarta so the footpaths are non existent and the traffic ferocious. The nearby shopping mall was stupendous and we needed some guidance about where to go.

These problems and the trivial issues listed below leave us with the thought that we would rather stay elsewhere in future.

Puddles lying in the shower and on the bathroom floor when we walked in.
A bed that smells of smokers
A shuttle bus that doesn't leave on time and we have to find the driver before we can go anywhere
One tooth brush kit when there are 2 of us and we need to leave quickly the next morning.
A lift that takes forever to go up or down every time we use it

I know that if we had asked many of these items would have been fixed, but if we are only there for 1 night it all becomes too hard, however it does leave a bad impression.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sebert46
asia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Staying for one night for business reason, I stayed in this hotel. Good location if you like to shop, because you can walk 5 mins to big mall near the area. Although it’s kinda unusual the location of this hotel, surrounding with “the real life” of Jakarta. Bad environment etc.

The room is ok. Clean. I have to admit the bed is excellence. Firm and good to sleep. But surprisingly you can hear the noise outside the window (even though I stayed in 28th floor). The wind, the traffic, the train station, even motorcycle. So it is noisy. Definitely the quality of the window is very low quality. Ask the front desk if they have better solution (better room). for this one when you stay here. The breakfast didn’t represent 4th stars hotel. I will stay this is more like 3 stars hotel. But for me, breakfast is breakfast.

The service, hmm it’s hard to tell, they are and friendly. But it is annoying when they call you in your room at 10.05 am in the morning and ask it when you will check out. Of course, with reminder that the check out time will be at 12 (even though they have explained at check in). So I honestly not happy with this fact. It seems they want to get rid of the visitor as soon as they can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank chahna
Bali
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here almost 4 days on the end of may 2012. The hotel itself more than 32 storeys. We got the twin room on the 30th floor. Great views of jakarta skyline. The bathroom is spacious. The bedroom are good regarding to the price we pay ( got discount from agoda ). And if you really love bargain stores/ malls then this hotel located in area where huge shopping malls are very near within 5 minutes walking distances. What I do not like is that beside the hotel you can see bad sewerage,, dirty small houses which is a turnoff from the beautiful building of the property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shanty A
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have just come back from Jakarta staying in this hotel for a night and it's a beautiful and clean hotel. It is also spacious with 2 super twin size beds. I will highly recommend to anyone who is seeking to stay in a 4-star hotel and it's definitely worth the peny I paid which was booked thru Agoda. Well done to the management and keep it up!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 111Honeylemon
Queensland
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had booked the hotel through Agoda for five nights and requested transport from the Jakarta airport to the hotel - however this did not eventuate. We got a bluebird taxi to the hotel - with little trouble which ended up being cheaper than the quote for arranged transfer.
The staff were fully apologic for the mixup. On arrival in our room on the 32nd floor, the air conditioning was not working properly. The maintenance men came promptly, cleaned the filter, and then everything worked properly.
The room was large with a wonderful view to the port. Rooms on the other side of the hotel have views of Jakarta city.
The bed was very comfy - we requested an additional chair and pillows which arrived promptly.
The hotel is in a rather run down street just a short distance from Magga Dua Shopping Complex and I T C Mall - a hotel shuttle bus runs from the hotel with pickup hourly to either complex. I T C closes at 6pm. There is also a small convenience store in the apartment block over the road from the hotel. Taxis are always available and cheap for any trips outside the immediate area.
Breakfast was buffet style with a great variety. I often wonder what people who complained about buffet breakfasts in hotels actually have for breakfast when they are at home.
I agree with other comments about the elevators - however this is a very minor inconvenience and everything else makes up for this.
I cannot comment on thefitness centre, business centre or pool as these facilities were not utalised.
All staff were wonderful - good English - I was surprised how many called me by name - given the number of guests in the hotel.
Special thanks to Willy - who was just so helpful in advising things to see and do - and for helping to arrange our transport from Jakarta to Bandung.

Room Tip: the hotel has 33 floors - any room above the 10th floor would have a good view to the port ononeside...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple