“Lot of fan fare, decent food”

Ganesha Ek Sanskriti BRI II
Ranked #93 of 8,207 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ganesha ek Sanskriti started its first restaurant in June 2003 in BRI, Semanggi, Jakarta. Setup in a fort like structure, it brought an ethnic Indian atmosphere to Jakarta apart from its firm commitment to serve authentic Indian food for the culinary enthusiasts in town. Ek Sanskriti stands for ‘a culture’ and the co-founder and President Director of Ganehsa, Mrs. Shilpa Dave believes that food is an integral part of culture. Her aim has been to bring the most authentic and original taste of Indian food to Indonesia and wherever else Ganesha operates. A dietician by profession, Mrs. Shilpa Dave pays special attention to the quality of food and balancing the taste with healthy inputs and hygiene into the dishes served. Ganesha has since expanded into Kemang in Jakarta, operates in the premises of Sheraton in Jogjakarta, Dallas in USA and also in Ubud Bali. Ganesha Ek Sanskriti Kemang is located at the Second floor of Kemang Square building, Jalan Kemang Raya no.5, just near the traffic light heading to Prapanca. The restaurant is well laid out, and the ambiance will make you feel as you are dinning in one of the finest Indian restaurants in New Delhi. Ganesha offers a wide variety of North Indian curry and tandoori foods with a selection of non-vegetarian and vegetarian items cooked by highly experienced chefs from North of India. Ganesha’s recommended non-vegetarian dishes include (starters) chicken tikka (bone-less pieces of grilled chicken), seekh kebab (bone-less mutton kebab), shami kebabs (mutton kebab with lentil), tandoori jhingha (prawn kebab) and (main course items) butter chicken , rogan josh (spicy mutton curry), amtritsari macchi (fried fish), prawn curry; Ganesha’s recommended vegetarian dishes include (starters) samosa (potato crispy patty), paneer tikka (cottage cheese kebab) and dal (lentils), variety of paneer preparations (vegetables with cottage cheese) and fresh vegetable preparations. The cottage cheese is made fresh in the kitchen every day without any preservatives. Our chefs will provide you with freshly baked naans or rotis (breads) all from the open kitchen. Ganesha also serves Authentic South Indian food. We are proud to make special sweets (Indian metahi). Our Chef comes from Jodhpur he has an experty in making the most delightful sweets for all occasions to name a few Boondi ladoo, Kaju burfi, kaju roll, Rasmali, Gulab Jamun, Jaleebi ,badam appel etc An Indian meal is incomplete without some sweets and Ganesha offers a variety of sweets, the famous gulab jamun (sweet dumplings made of milk and dry fruits), rasmalai (sweet dumplings soaked in milk prepared with dry fruit and saffron) and jaleebi (fried sweet item).
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The 1st thing which will strike to you about this resturent is the ambience. Exquisite Interiors, nicely designed walls and furniture absolute Royal Indian Feel.

Menu is crisp and decent........found prices to be little on a higher side but its justifiable.

Food was excellent, taste, presentation and flavour. Portion is OK too.

If you are looking for true "Royal Indian Experieince" in Kemang.

1  Thank BDPharma
Shilpa D, Owner at Ganesha Ek Sanskriti BRI II, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thanks a lot for visiting Ganesha Ek Sanskriti Indian Restaurant and Bar
we greatly appreciate your comments and we will always keep up the quality and the authentic recipes that our chef follows . We hope to see you again soon and serve you with Indian Hospitality

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Its delicious Indian food, with a good spread, though very rich.
As a vegetarian in Jakarta, it is a concern for me most of the time, to get vegetarian food at all and an Indian place is the best option.

1  Thank Travel4Shelley
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had a dinner at Ganesha. Very decent Indian hotel...slightly over-price I felt....but service is good and ambience is nice. Staff are mostly Indonesia...so do not expect to get by with local Indian language...;)...English or Bahasa is the way to go. Enjoy !

1  Thank Tazhaikudi
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Visited Ganesha in BRI building couple of times when i was in Jakarta in october. I live in Dallas which has its own share of Indian restaurants and I can say without equivocation that this beats every Dallas indian restaurant hands down. The chicken tikka just melts in your mouth and teh curries are incredibly tasty. Also another thing, the meat tastes much better, the chicken is not the hormone infested - cardboard-like kind you get in the USA. The drumstick is the size of a american chicken wing drumette. And oh-so tasty. The buffet has a chat corner, variety of desserts as well.
Only issue is it can get crowded on weekends.
It is on my list for my next visit.

1  Thank rover_733

Thanks a lot for visiting Ganesha Ek Sanskriti Indian restaurant and Bar

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Yesterday night,i decided to take my family to this indian restaurant recommended by my cousin who stayed opposite this restaurant. When he said they served really good briyani,i knew that i had to try it for myself. Maybe it's just me, but i realized there isn't that many authentic indian food around jakarta.
The place itself was hard to find, even when my cousin told me for directions,we still took the wrong stairs and ended up on the retail side instead (For those who would like to try the one in kemang, make sure you enter from Tamani Cafe entrance and take the lift on the left hand side to the 2nd floor.)
The atmosphere and the decoration wasn't much, the lighting was dark and quiet. But i guess it gave the calm and relaxed feeling when entering the place. I wasn't a big fan of the place mainly because the ceiling was pretty low (anything u can touch without tiptoeing should be considered low) but hey,we came for the food, it didn't matter if we were served on the side road as long as its delicious.
The menu could be daunting if you're not a regular for indian food. Somehow I always feel that indian menu has the hardest food description compared to other menus. So to make my life alot easier, i asked my cousin what was good, and he recommended us the Butter chicken, Panneer something (it's blended spinach with cheese), Fish Tikka, Veg Briyani and a few slices of Naan.
Since i was hungry, i just followed him and ordered the exact same thing he ordered earlier on the day (he came for lunch and i went for dinner). The waiter might think he probably had some deja vu.
In my honest opinion, i really liked the butter chicken, the texture of the sauce wasn't too thick nor too soft and the taste wasn't too strong either. As i tasted it, it kinda reminded me of the butter chicken i had in Maya Cafe (Li Jiang city, China [look at my previous reviews]). And it turns out they're both Northern Indian style of cooking.
The Blended spinach was also really good. It had some minty flavors and i thought the cheese would overpower the whole taste of the sauce, but it turns out that it actually complements it. The texture was rather thick but the taste was very savory.
The fish tikka was rather disappointing for me, mainly because they were served in small slices and i didn't think it was anything special. I personally couldn't taste any special flavor in it.It was like eating a soft tasteless fish.But my parents thought it was good, so hey maybe my tastebuds was just off for the fish.
Then came the veg Briyani, which was served in generous amount (enough for 3 people). Again, i thought the taste was rather bland. I was starting to suspect what my cousin's definition of good was because he said the briyani was the best. But when the waiter told us to eat it with the yoghurt, it was surprisingly delicious! The homemade yoghurt sauce actually made it really good! it was rather odd though to eat rice with yoghurt.
Saving the last for the best was naan bread. I usually like to measure the quality of a restaurant based on their basic food and the nann bread they made was a amazing! It wasn't too crispy, not too soft and it had a hint of burnt crust. We dipped it in either the butter chicken or the blended spinach and it turned out be really tasty! Im starting regret not ordering more.
Overall, i personally like my food filled with flavors. The only think lacking about this place was the strong flavors that i was waiting for but never came out. The whole food tasted good and none of them overpower the others making the whole experience rather stable. However, i had to thank my cousin because i will definitely come back for more!

1  Thank jeffrey T

Dear Customer ,
Thanks a lot for visiting Ganesha Ek Sanskriti at Kemang .
We greatly appreciate your comments and we will always keep up the quality and the authentic recipes that our chef follows . We hope to see you again soon and serve you with Indian Hospitality
shilpa

Been to Ganesha Ek Sanskriti BRI II? Share your experiences!