“Excellence.”

Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I had tagliana and crochette mushroom. Both were yummy indeed. Atmosphere were nice and cozy, but nothing special.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

How they can make a profit employing the staff they do defeats me. The food was excellent, really good pizza, excellent salad.
The wine waiter could not find any wine, didn't know what he had or didn't. Don't ask for the wine list, it is irrelevant. Some you could have by the glass but not by the bottle, some by the bottle but not by the glass. It took 20 minutes to deliver a bottle of red wine. Crazy.
The food was similar. I ordered a coffee for breakfast and was sitting opposite a small Japanese man (I am a big European) The waiter bought back the coffee and gave it to the other guy! Visual dyslexia?
You had to ask twice for everything and the two young women in charge were more interested in strutting their stuff than ensuring the restaurant was working.
Only go there out of curiosity!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Once you've made your way through the 3-in-1 and then the traffic on Wahid Hasyim or Jaksa, you will be relieved to find a easy parking at the Morissey Serviced Apt. You'll make your way by walking through it's interesting lobby until you find yourself in warmly lit Ocha & Bella. You'll find the temptation to sit outside irresistible. Surrounded with greenery that covers the ugliness of the street, you'll be lost and mesmerized at your candle lit tables. You'll be in a good mood because the waitstaff are pleasant and attentive and you'll probably enjoy your pizza or pasta. You will leave this place with a smile and you will be refreshed to face the madness again.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Online reviews and recommendations from friends led us to try this restaurant. At the end, we were left wondering why we had bothered at all.

1. Wine order. Battasiolo Chardonnay. We lived in Piemonte for five years and have particular fondness for certain wines. We also lived in Indonesia for 12 years so we recognised a wonderful opportunity to obtain a decent (note: not great) Italian wine for a reasonable price. Sadly, the Battasiolo was "habis". But so was everything else on the Chardonnay list. In fact, it came down to what was available AT ALL. Answer: not much and nothing that we would have chosen had anything else on the list been available.

2. Meal timing. We each ordered our meals and requested that these come together. Again, having lived in Italy, we understand that primi arrive before secondi. But this is Indonesia and people here expect to eat together. I received my pasta, which was indeed fresh, quite rapidly. And then the wait began for my husband's pizza.

3. The interminable wait. I am a characteristically European eater, i.e. slow. It drives my husband bonkers. Yet even as I extended my usual consumption patterns, my husband's pizza still had not arrived. In the end, he cancelled the order....several times just to make certain that staff knew he was dissatisfied. At about the same time I requested the bill, the multiply-cancelled pizza arrived. He sent it back at about the same time the bill arrived. Of course it included the pizza. I requested the charge for it to be removed, which was honoured by the staff (but not without a fair bit of faffing about and yet more time spent in consultation with a foreign chef who decided that our dissatisfaction did not warrant a table visit while his attractive female Indonesian patrons next to us did).

4. The exit. No effort by management or owners to discern what had gone wrong. The poor wait staff had to shoulder the burden of our dissatisfaction, not being empowered to do anything to remedy the situation. I feel badly for them. Management, who were quite present at the time we entered the restaurant, curiously were absent when we left.

The final analysis: We had high hopes for this restaurant. It failed at almost every stage. My recommendation is to give this place a miss and head to the warungs that line Hasyim Wahid. You'll get fresh food, good service and an authentic experience. Oh and no corkage if you bring your own wine.

1  Thank Laurie P
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Nice Sunday Brunch, good assistance of Restaurant Manager and definitely Executive Chef. Had a good meals and good service.
Recommended. Oh, I agree with the other guest, best pizza in town as I got the recommendation from my Italian friend. Will surely come back.