“Worst restaurant in Jakarta”

Marche Restaurant - Grand Indonesia
Ranked #141 of 8,352 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Yesterday I wanted to impress my visitor from Switzerland and brought him to Le Marche at Grand Indonesia what a big mistake it was after passing so many restaurants we finally arrived at the Marche restaurant who was like a morgue and then we try to dine.
There was no House wine no Local Beers available in fact there was more staff then customers there and the staff could care less they where just sitting around on empty tables .I was a shamed in front of my Swiss customers as I wanted to impress them to show them Swiss Hospitality in Indonesia.
Rest assure I don't ever will return and never recommend Le Marche restaurant to any of my friends and business associate.

2  Thank Leke1967

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I want to eat ALL, they have smoking area in corner without feeling outcasted. Nice western food, waffle with rum raisin ice cream and melted chocolate is my fave dessert.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Marche has so far rarely let me down. Their rosti is always a hit, even the weekend only beef stroganoff rosti. I liked the system, you walk around and choose your food, instead of imagining it in your head, worrying what it would look like. Their collection of cakes and desserts was also good, however the apple crumble had to much dough, and not to many apples. I really recommended it.

1  Thank Scharringa
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The atmosphere of the restaurant is beautiful. On the principle of the stands, with a pizza, with fish, fresh fruit, dessert, etc. But I'm not too thrilled with the taste of pizza. I ordered vegetarian, but seemed to have a topping: butter or a butter (I do not know what). Basically I was expecting a European flavor, but it was not that. I have no doubt that the rest of the food is excellent. I might have chosen wrong.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Firstly, this place is confusing. Once you get in a card is given to you for buying any food inside. After I walked around and figured out what I wanted to eat, I ordered two pizzas. As the guy behind the counter was sorting out my card, I was checking out some of the cold meats on the display. The poor salami was dry and so was the smoked chicken.

My first pizza arrived in 15 minutes but the second one took a long time. While I was sitting patiently on my seat, I saw the waiter (more like a foodrunner) brought a plate of pizza to a group that came after me. I went straight away to the counter and asked how long my pizza would be? The cook told me that he already sent my pizza away to my table. But I told them that there was only one pizza on my table. I assumed that this guy sent my pizza to a different table.

There were only four tables filled with diners but they did manage to make a simple mistake. I fear to think of how disastrous it will be if the whole restaurant is packed. Some customers might end up eating wilt capsicum...Fresh - Healthy - Fast is a simple jargon of Marche restaurant but I reckon it's a load of codswallop.

After all this drama, I ordered bread and butter pudding, thinking that this would cheer me up. Again, the pudding was a let-down. It was cold not warm. Some Padang restaurants can do better with service than this joint.