“One of my favourite restaurants”

Marche Restaurant - Grand Indonesia
Ranked #177 of 7,921 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“One of my favourite restaurants”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Marche has so far rarely let me down. Their rosti is always a hit, even the weekend only beef stroganoff rosti. I liked the system, you walk around and choose your food, instead of imagining it in your head, worrying what it would look like. Their collection of cakes and desserts was also good, however the apple crumble had to much dough, and not to many apples. I really recommended it.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
sarajevo
“pizza was greasy”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The atmosphere of the restaurant is beautiful. On the principle of the stands, with a pizza, with fish, fresh fruit, dessert, etc. But I'm not too thrilled with the taste of pizza. I ordered vegetarian, but seemed to have a topping: butter or a butter (I do not know what). Basically I was expecting a European flavor, but it was not that. I have no doubt that the rest of the food is excellent. I might have chosen wrong.

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“What a joke”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Firstly, this place is confusing. Once you get in a card is given to you for buying any food inside. After I walked around and figured out what I wanted to eat, I ordered two pizzas. As the guy behind the counter was sorting out my card, I was checking out some of the cold meats on the display. The poor salami was dry and so was the smoked chicken.

My first pizza arrived in 15 minutes but the second one took a long time. While I was sitting patiently on my seat, I saw the waiter (more like a foodrunner) brought a plate of pizza to a group that came after me. I went straight away to the counter and asked how long my pizza would be? The cook told me that he already sent my pizza away to my table. But I told them that there was only one pizza on my table. I assumed that this guy sent my pizza to a different table.

There were only four tables filled with diners but they did manage to make a simple mistake. I fear to think of how disastrous it will be if the whole restaurant is packed. Some customers might end up eating wilt capsicum...Fresh - Healthy - Fast is a simple jargon of Marche restaurant but I reckon it's a load of codswallop.

After all this drama, I ordered bread and butter pudding, thinking that this would cheer me up. Again, the pudding was a let-down. It was cold not warm. Some Padang restaurants can do better with service than this joint.

• Visited September 2013
Jakarta
“Good Pasta”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

we oredered various food and dessert, I think their seafood pasta is delicious, altough only one shrimp is in the meal ..., but so buttery taste.
Belgium waffle was horrible, we can still taste fluor , but its pistachio ice cream is nice.
Tiramisu is so so.
NIce black coffee and espresso.
salad is good.
pineapple pie is kind a hard.
Kiwi butter cake is so so too, not too sweet, probably one of my fave.
the greeting staff was kind a suspicious with my plastic bag, because she thought I brought drinks from outside, almost asked me to open my plastic bag, whereas the plastic bag was sealed.
they have smoking area, which not separated by closed door, so better pick table that quite far from it, because you can still smell smoke from 5 meters away.

• Visited September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food huge selection”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great place to eat in Grand Indonesia Mall. Get a card on entry and go around the cooking areas and choose your food, drinks etc. Sort of like a buffet but yhey cook stuff to order and bring to your table to too. I got some great marinated chicken and a salad from the salad bar. Alcoholic drinks (reasonable price) also available.

• Visited July 2013