Tripadvisor
Jakarta
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews shopping mall gelora bung karno high floor corner room senayan area hotel is located central business district same building car free day business trip city view convenient location walking distance easy access wifi connection hot water non smoking room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent 10 days here as business traveler and now I have a mixture of feelings.
Yes, among 3* hotels the variety of things, offered for breakfast, is enormous! You will hardly spot any other 3*, which is That friendly for most western travellers in this sense. The hotel claims 4*, but that's not the case, certainly
Swimming pool is reasonably clean, looks good.
But for me these were the only bright spots here. Major lowlights are:
1. Really bad, smelly water, which takes eternity to heat up ( many other reviews mentioned this, btw ). Do not try to clean your cloth in this water, use laundry rather, otherwise, well, you will be smelling like this water
2. The hotel is very tired and needs refurbishing. Here and there you can spot black mould, scratches and damaged wallpaper. Bad smell of the old hotel is mitigated by lots of spraying devices, spitting flavours every 5 minutes. If you stay for a long time in the same place, you can get a head ache easily -- no air, only flavours. Curtains have many spots after killed mosquitoes, etc
3. This is the hell for those, who don't smoke. Because their ventilation system spreads tobacco from the bottom storeys to the top, and I found no remediation against that other than just staying away from my room for the most part of the day ( typically by the swimming pool )

It's super challenging to find an hotel with UK-friendly buffet among mid-range hotels, henceforth those, who are committed enough, may only consider something like Mariott or Pullman. Thus, being foodie, I can opt to stay here once more, but that's because my company cannot reimburse something more expensive.
But for others I would not recommend this place

Room tip: Stay at the highest floor possible, in a room, facing the street. Rooms on the opposite side are worser
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HARRISfX, General Manager at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Alexey K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review for HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman Jakarta on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it helps me in monitoring the service we provide.

We are apology that your recent stay experience with us wasn’t quite up to your expectations and that we didn’t have the opportunity to address the above matters while you were here.

Please be assured that I’ve conveyed your comments to the department's concern and for our improvement and service.

Once again thank you for being our guest. I hope you’ll consider staying with us again on your next trip to Jakarta.

Harrisly yours,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros:
- Excellent location inside FX Sudirman Mall with choices of eateries.
- Easily accessible with major transportation in Jakarta.
- Nice, clean and comfy room with unobstructed view of Jakarta.
- Fast check in/out process at the front desk.
- Good amenities in the room.
- Affordable price for the level of quality you get.-
- Good choice of buffet items during breakfast.

Cons:
- There is a quite obvious gap between the door and the door sill, need to be fixed.
- The restaurant service staff need to be more prompted in resetting the used tables and showing more attentiveness. (The restaurant greeter was friendly though).

Room tip: Choose high level room at the corner.
Date of stay: January 2020

Dear TuanRizwan,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the most wonderful and rewarding stay with us. In addition, we already have reviewed your feedback to the concerned department to be an improvement for your upcoming.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your valuable impression and we look forward to welcoming you back with another memorable experience at HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman Jakarta.

HARRISly Yours,

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Soooo satisfied how the management handle all their customers. They really pay attention to our little notes! I requested corner room for new years eve view. And they really make it happen even though i checked in quite late, i thought there will be no corner room anymore. Instead they said they already prepared it for us ❤️
The staffs are very caring and friendy. They even gave us a complimentary cake. What a surprised.

The room is very clean, comfy, and spacious. Would very recommend this hotel to everyone..

Trip type: Traveled with family
HARRISfX, General Manager at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Stephaniwanandi,

We would like to thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to share your memorable comment on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoy staying with us. For sure, our hotel is located in the heart of Central Jakarta which adjacent to many prestigious shopping malls, business districts, government offices, and Senayan Sports Complex.

Please rest assured, we are going to work together with our team by implementing the guest's need as expected from their feedback for unforgettable stay experience on our next project.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon with another refreshing, yet memorable experience at HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman Jakarta.

HARRISly yours,

Reviewed December 29, 2019

The hotel was near the event I had to attend. But it was disappointing from the start.
I came at 14.20, but the staff said the room wasn't ready and he would call when the room is ready. I waited for an hour then I asked again. He said it's still not ready. I had to leave at 16.00 for the event, at 15.45 I got upset because the room was still not ready. The staff only said "Well, the other guests are waiting too, so you can just wait like them" and said he didn't know anything about the room's readiness. He said he would find a room so I can prepare myself but until 16.30, I still didn't get any calls. Because I had to leave, I left the hotel while waiting for the calls.
Until I finished my event at 23.00, still no calls. When I arrived at the hotel, the staff just gave me the key card, NO "we're sorry for the inconvenience". When my friend asked about the late checkins, he just said “its common here”.
I did not expect that PAYING CUSTOMER should just accept the condition of the LATE CHECK-IN because of the hotel faults. We were tired and wanted to refresh ourselves before the event in our hotel room but all we can do is just WAITING AT THE LOBBY without any compensation.
Fortunately the room was clean and the rest of my stay are satisfying.
But I definitely won’t come back here and won’t recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: December 2019
HARRISfX, General Manager at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Dear Mrs. Melissahardani,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it helps me in monitoring the service we provide.

I’m sorry that your recent stay experience with us wasn’t quite up to your expectations and that we didn’t have the opportunity to address the above matters whilst you were here.

Please be assured that I’ve conveyed your comments to our department's concern about the better service and improvement.

Harrisly yours,

Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

I stayed for one night, i didnt have the chance to taste the breakfast becoz i chose the non-breakfast stay. I have to leave early in the morning. However, the hotel room and bathroom are clean and cozy. It is located inside a mall.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
HARRISfX, General Manager at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed a most wonderful and rewarding stay with us. and we hope on your next visit you can enjoy our various buffet breakfast in our restaurant.

HARRISly Yours,