“Best hotel with a great view for this price”

HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman
Ranked #46 of 456 Hotels in Jakarta
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Best hotel with a great view for this price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is a nice and clean budget hotel in Jakarta. Staying on the 47th floor the view is priceless. The kingsize bed slept very well, witch is very important in my opinion.
One point to get knowledge of before you book is the swimming pool witch is clean and also has a great view from the tenth floor. It is nice to swim and cool down but there are a lot of airco ventilators outside and a strong smell of the restaurant kitchens. So don't use the pool for your rest.
Wifi coverage is good but speed is a little bit poor. Just near the lobby you will find a Starbucks caffe witch is very nice. If you are in the mall u can use Sudirman FX wifi. ID and password are both sudirman.
Thanks a lot for the hospitality!

• Stayed March 2014
HARRISRM, General Manager at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Tw79holland,

Greetings from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman!

Thank you for sharing your detail experience with us. I believe you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel, although you experienced slower WiFi internet access than usual. This matter has been solved by our IT in-charge and the WiFi internet access has returned to normal.

I am expecting you back to our hotel in the future. Be ensure to book via HARRIShotels.com to get your best rates guaranteed.

Christophe Claveau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business. Good Location Walking distance to a lot of shopping complexes, near to my office. Staff was friendly and helpful.The view was great and the bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed stay here very much and would love to return again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HARRISRM, General Manager at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Dinda Warms A,

Greetings from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman!

I do hope your business trip were running well. I am very happy that our location, room and service can ease your business trip.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and I am looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed on january 2014 for 7 days and that time it was raining season in jakarta but we are lucky that we booked with harris because they had everything inside the mall so we dont have to go far away to make shopping and its also located very closed with " bunderan HI " ...the rooms was big and clean...very good wifi and bathrooms are very clean..if u want a good clean hotel and dont want to get stuck on jakarta traffic so u have to try this hotel...very well recommended..

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Desi N,

Greetings from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am glad that our service had met your expectation. I am looking forward to welcome you back in the future. Be ensure to book via HARRIShotels.com to get your best rates guaranteed and other attractive offers.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Together with a group of friends, we visited Jakarta for a short vacation. My friends wanted a centrally located but reasonably priced hotel. We were not disappointed. Although the hotel itself was nothing special, has no restaurant of its own, and did not offer much service, it was efficient and is located inside a mall. There are very good restaurants in the mall and they don't charge much too. I'd recommend this to other friends who want an inexpensive getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Bob B,

Greetings from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that our room and service did not disappoint you. However, I have taken note your comment to enhance the quality of our service to all of our guests. Although we do not have any restaurant at our hotel at the moment, there are a lot of restaurant inside fX Sudirman Mall, which will definitely make your stay easier.

Thank you once again to recommend our hotel to your family and friends. Be ensure to get your Best Rates Guaranteed via HARRIShotels.com.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Although we were on holidays, the reason we booked this hotel was it`s very near to my friends residence , we were given room on 46th floor, had a magnificent view of Jakarta, the rooms are new, absolutely clean , beds comfortable , toilet clean too with ample of toiletries, this hotel is located in the financial district and in Fx Mall, since the room price does not include breakfast there are several options in Fx Mall, however the they do provide tea/coffee maker in the room , our stay was comfortable and hassle free , the check-in and check out happened in matter of minutes , I do surely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for the room on higher floor for magnificent views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jayesh K,

Greetings from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman!

I do hope you had a great and memorable holiday and thank you for recommending our hotel through Trip Advisor. I am very glad that you can experience the magnificent view of Jakarta from one of our rooms in the higher floors.

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Many of the hotels (including the Ritz-Carlton, for example) are built in malls. And that's good because it can take hours to go anywhere by car in this "city" of 28 million. As a result, choosing a hotel also involves choosing a mall. The staff at the Harris fx are excellent!!!! I stayed here three time this last month and the second time I checked in, Santi, the front desk clerk, said, "Oh Pak Charles, back from Bogor already?" before I even gave her my passport. The next time, another clerk asked where my business colleague was since he didn't check out with me. That said, it is more a budget hotel than an elegant hotel although it has a great fitness center and pool that is also used by the residents of the tower who live in floors 15-30 or something BETWEEN the floors of the hotel. Strange.... but it works.

The mall has everything you need for a basic visit. Small grocery store for water (You can't drink the water and must buy bottled everywhere in Indonesia). Lots of Western and Asian chain restaurants. And yes, a Starbucks... they really are everywhere!

Fine place to stay, not a "destination" but a lovely stop along the way....

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor, e.g. 43 or higher for a great view of Jakarta if the pollution isn't blo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Charles H,

Greetings from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very happy to read that you receive the level of service that I expect all of HARRIS players to do to all of our guests. Certainly I will share your comment to Santi and all of our HARRIS players about your praise. They must be very happy!

I am looking forward to welcome you again very soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Strategic location in Sudirman, and attached to FX mall (easy access if u need something but not planning to go out). In the other hand, small room, poor services, not all the elevators work, the price doesnt include breakfast, more like a budget hotel. Lack of facilities.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HARRISRM, General Manager at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Khaki8,

Greetings from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman!

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us in May 2013. I apologize that you did not receive the level of service I expect our players to do to all of our guests. Refer to your comment about our elevators, I remembered at that month one of our elevators had a troubleshoot and our engineering decided to switch it off and to repair it immediately because guests' safety is our primary concern. Now, all of our elevators are working properly.

It is true that our room rates are not included with breakfast because we do not have any restaurant at the moment. However, our hotel is located inside fX Sudirman mall and there are several F&B outlets which are ready to serve your breakfast at their premises.

If you are planning to stay at our hotel again, I can assure that you will have better experience than your last stay.