“my stay at harris fx mall”

HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman
Ranked #74 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise, while waiting to check in, i was served with a welcome drink, that was thoughtful. I am amazingly and happily surprised at the spacious spanking clean room and the spacious bathroom. This is my first stay at Harris FX. I got the 11th floor, there were many glass windows but there were also much blocking almost everywhere, but i got one window with no blockings facing the sudirman road, i sat down and drink coffee and have bread looking at the macet view (hahahah) and the rest too, i was grateful. That was my moments, What makes Harris good, i think,
a. the safe deposit box is not at the bottom of the floor (good thinking and research, i guess)
it also has lights when you pressed the keys.
b. The shampoo and bath gel bottle can be squeezed (not like almost the rest whom you have to struggle to deal with)
c. The room slippers makes you feel special...... :)

The not so nice things are :
a. The wardrobe doors (one for clothing and the other for the safe) has to be pressed to let the latch off, it was not easy, there was no handle for you to pull, even after staying for 2 days , i still find it bothersome to open the wardrobe, you know, the safe is inside.
b. I checked out at 5.45am in the morning, the whole mall is not opened yet, when i look back behind, i saw that there is a small refreshment tray consisting of some cakes and kuehs near the sofa area.
My question is, if its for the guest who checked out very early morning, why didn't the reception guy informed me. That would be the most sweetest moments, i am not a big eater, but small detail things excites and uplift me. i believe, everybody else would. There was nobody, i was alone. Or maybe it is not for everybody but for certain groups who ordered it.
Overall experience was quite good, to me it is not about the mall, but the room feeling is good.
There was not much contact with the staff, so i would not comment.
Would i come back? Yes, if Harris put a handle at the wardrobe door. hahahahahaha
Thank you Hotel Harris FX.
Abdul, Singapore

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HARRISDOSM, Director of Sales at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Warmest Greeting From HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta

First of all we would like to thank you for the great review you have publish and for choosing HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta during you trip in Town.

Overall we are glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Concerning your comments on our wardrobe we will study the issue and hopefully find a solution that will ease the opening of our wardrobe and still look stylish. I also would like to respond concerning your comments about our refreshment tray that we provide during early morning in our lobby. The purpose of this refreshment tray is for everyone that are leaving the hotel very early to have the opportunity to grab a small bite before they start their day.

Please accept our apologize as no-one from our team has offer you to get small refreshment before you leave the hotel. You can be sure that your comments have been share to the whole team so that proper action are token in order to always drive for excellence.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your review with us and for choosing HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your trip in Jakarta.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Harris Suites was a great place for my two week business trip to Jakarta. While simple, the room was very clean and spacious. The staff was superb -- friendly, accommodating, ever-present. Room cleaning was prompt when I stepped out and placed the 'make up my room' tag on my door, so I could return an hour or two later to a fresh room. The bed was extremely comfortable for me. The only complaint that I had was that the power in my room (1608) would shut off and on after a second or two several times each day, and through the night. I never notified the staff of this simply because I forgot about it by the time I left for work each day. So it must not have been that much of problem I guess!

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HARRISDOSM, Director of Sales at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guests

Warmest Greeting from HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta

First of all we would like to Thank you for choosing HARRIS Suties fX, Surdirman, during your business trip in Jakarta. And for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to read that overall you have enjoy your stay with us and that we could meet your expectation. In regards of your comments concerning the power in your rooms. You can be sure that our engineering department have been inform.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your review with us as it is the most precious source of information for us in order to always improve our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days 2 nights. Check in was fast and simple upon my arrival at the front desk. There is almost no lobby in this hotel, but I can understand it since the hotel property is located inside a mall and a hangout place, and I think one of the advantage of this hotel.

Room was simple and nice. The view was hilarious, since I got a room on the 45th floor as I requested.

Overall, I was satisfied staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for the room on 45th floor and above with the view toward the North and East.
1  Thank Kerry A

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us and for choosing HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta during your stay in Town.

We are glad to read that overall you have enjoy your stay with us that we were able to fulfill your needs. Once again thank you for staying with us and you can be sure that your review is motivation for our whole team to always drive for excellence.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I regularly visit Jakarta for work and always stay at Harris FX. It is always a good experience with a clean room, friendly staff, and everything functioning as it should. Plenty of coffee shops, restaurants and a supermarket at the shopping mall, and always a taxi available at the main entrance. Perfect for a business trip to JKT.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HARRISDOSM, Director of Sales at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest Greeting From HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta!!!

On behalf of HARRIS Suties fX Sudirman, I would like to Thank you for all the support you have provides us.
We are also very grateful for the comments that you have post, as it the most precious source of information for us in order to always increase our services.

We are always looking forward to welcoming you back in HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel is located within the FX Sudirman Mall in the Central Business District (CBD) of Jakarta.

The hotel offers no frills hotel accommodation. Rooms are clean and bright with good wifi internet service (free of charge). The hotel includes a gym.

There is no room service, however the numerous cafe's and restaurants in the Mall make up for this.

One cannot go wrong with a stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adi-Bandi

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest Greeting From HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta!!!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your review with us.
We are very grateful for the short description of our hotel and we do hope we were able to reach your expectation during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon during your next trip in Town.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you are a SME businessman travelling on a budget & looking for good value, convenience & clean, spacious room, then you really can't get a better deal than this hotel in the heart of Jakarta business district.

The rooms are new & bigger than most 3-star or 4-star hotels in this region. Very comfortable bed & decent size bathroom. Great view if you are on the upper floors.The added attraction of this hotel is it's located on top of small shopping centre which has a supermarket & many cafes & restauarants . The Front Office personnels are always smiling , friendly & helpful.

If you expect a spacious or grand lobby area, then this is not the hotel for you. But for those frequent SME business travellers, you will appreciate the value of this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for the top 10 floors facing the park/ sports complex
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HARRISDOSM, Director of Sales at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta and for taking the time to post your review.

We are glad to read that overall you have enjoy your stay with us and that we were able to reach your expectation.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your review with us as it is the most precious source of information in order to always improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Jakarta is really a beautiful city and was my first contact with Indonesia.
Harris Suites Fx Sudirman is really well placed, the staff is really kind and helpful, the price is really reasonable for the quality, the cleanness of the room is perfect but the breakfast is really too expensive.
My room was on the top floor, so I had a wonderful view.
The hotel is inside a mall, so you can eat and shop without going out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
HARRISDOSM, Director of Sales at HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest Greeting From HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, Jakarta !!!

Thank you very much for choosing HARRIS Suites fX Sudirman, during your first visit in Indonesia. And we do hope that you did enjoy your trip in JAKARTA

We are glad to read that overall we were able to reach your expectation and that you could enjoy the magnificent view of Jakarta that our highest rooms can offer.

We have took into consideration your comment on our breakfast. And I would like to announce to you that in couple of months we will be able to provide a new breakfast service area, that will allow us to provide a much more valuable breakfast for the rate we are offer.

Once again we would like to thank you your positive comments as it the most precious source of information for us in order to always improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sebastien ANDRE