My husband and I have been a huge fan of the Harris hotel chain since 2004, with our first experience at the Harris in Tuban, Bali. The FX Sudirman branch definitely lives up to the infamous Harris standards, all the way down to the orange-scented infuser inside the elevators. Taking advice from other reviewers, we requested a room on a high floor -- 43rd floor, very nice view of the city! We also requested a non-smoking room, and unlike other hotels where a heavy trace of smoke may still linger, the Harris cleans up perfectly! It is true that the elevators are slow, so do keep this in mind for punctuality purposes. Staff were five-star quality as always: absolutely friendly, prompt, and delivered service without a hitch. Not only at the front desk, but anyone we met throughout the hotel (outdoor grounds, room attendants, valet/bells) always had a smile on their face as they greeted or acknowledged us.
In regards to breakfast, The Coffee Bean and Kopitiam open at 8am and they're the first to open at the mall, though the Harris Cafe opens at 6am. Still, anyone heavily jetlagged like we were may want to purchase some breakfast items the night before at The Daily Food Hall (supermarket downstairs). We learned on the first day that this was necessary and purchased cereal and milk for the following dawns. They also offer sweet and savory bread options as well as jam and regular bread, all the good things to keep your hunger at bay until breakfast/lunch.
Two notes to management:
- I was in Jakarta early December (a month prior to our stay) and thought I'd stop by to note down requests for January. The front desk attendant stated that the hotel didn't take such requests and that I should go through Expedia to note mine. I know this isn't accurate, especially since Expedia states clearly that requests should be communicated to the hotel directly to ensure availability. Please kindly note to staff :)
- Please consider offering room service. Nothing fancy perhaps, just basic necessities like toasts/eggs/soups/sandwiches. Your mini bar serves snackable items, but nothing of real substance to satisfy a heavily jetlagged stomach. Just a thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in the heart of Jakarta's most happening area, Sudirman Central Business District, with a direct walking access to fX Sudirman Mall, minutes away to Stock Exchange, Gelora Bung Karno Sport Complex, Senayan Golf Course, Plaza Senayan and Senayan City, this hotel is the perfect spot for short and long stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Suites Fx Sudirman Hotel Jakarta