“Decent food and terrible service”
Review of Luna Negra

Luna Negra
Ranked #2,246 of 8,149 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New york style bar and Italian restaurant. Very nice ambiance and the food is great
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I work in Citibank tower and I often dine there. They never get my order straight. They just can't. Tonigh I order (to be delivered in my office) a "octopus salad with potatoes and olives", what I got was something similar to octopuce with lattuce and tomatoes. I called and asked for a new one, they delivered the second salad and expected me to pay extra money. I didn't take the second salad and called them again and complained. The manager apologied and told me I would get my salad, however it never came. I called them again and I asked for my money back, and they gave me back less than I was supposed to get, but was that sick of them at that point that I gave up.

In terms of food, they had a decent pizza, while pasta is plenty with a parmesan wanna be cheese and spices, which cover the taste of everything. It's a good place to eat if you are working long hours and need somewhere wuick and easy, but I would never go there for a nice evening with friends, even the music gets loud as if you are in a club.

2  Thank IliadeLeuco

Reviewed May 24, 2013

LunaNegra is located at the office building, which makes it favourite hang-out place for upscale office workers. They come in groups with office attires with formal atmosphere. (I went there for wedding anniversary dinner on Friday).

The bar that was located at the entrace was full of expatriates and local-female friend with too much make-up, full of smoke and loud.

The waitress was so busy it's difficult to get a menu or order additional things.

It's a fun place if you go with lots of friends for hang-outs, but definitely not for quiet & romantic candle-light dinner.

Plus side is: they have several pork menus (very rare in Indonesia) ;)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Gorgeous interior design, tried 3 menus there and i love them all, but price is a bit high, but since the atmosphere is great i'll give them a pass haha. Very good place for couples. will go back there again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Firstly came to this place last year, after lunch meeting and interested with the buy one get one cocktail offer. If you are a steak lover, try to order a steak without sauce, and feel the quality of the meat that they use. Pasta also very recommended. Yum!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Visited many times and will be going back..
Good ambience, high sealings, nice floor (tiles) , good decoration...
Good food selection, starters & main courses
Fantastic eggplant starter and great salads.
All mains of good taste, weak point pastas with sauce..
Tasty Deserts
Service OK, but good be better (faster & more proactive)
Drinks not overpriced
Nice bar, could be fun with a larger group
Price/Quality ratio: excellent!

Its a nice place to go, but dont expect 'the' experience of a lifetime.
Better than many other in Jakarta!

Been to Luna Negra? Share your experiences!