“Try another restaurant for good texmex.”

Amigos Restaurant Jakarta
Ranked #142 of 7,673 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Try another restaurant for good texmex.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Until around 12 months ago Amigos was possibly the best texmex in Jakarta but now that title has been taken by another!

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Not sure it's worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

A while back my family ate at Amigos Kemang and we were sadly disappointed with almost everything that we ordered. On a recent Friday afternoon I thought it was time to give this establishment another try. Unfortunately once again the food was lacking -- the chips and salsa were forgettable, the chicken flautas passable, and the fish tacos were fishy, in the wrong way.

I'm sure many diners have had great times here, and it sounds like the Belagio branch may be worth a try, but the food in the Kemang branch tastes like the love and the passion have gone from their kitchen. Though none of it was bad per se, I'm just not sure this Amigos is worth the time or the expense. Instead of 'Hasta la proxima vez', I think it's 'adios' for me.

• Visited January 2013
EatertainmentIndo, Owner at Amigos Restaurant Jakarta, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your recent bad experiences with Amigos. Your feedback is very important to us and I'll be reviewing all the food you tasted with the staff to make sure the taste is not as you've described. I'd like to make it up to you, please email us at marketing@amigos-resto.com - I'd like to get your full feedback.

Thanks!
“Very good food and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I just visited Amigos Bellagio branch, and it's a lovely experience! I ate its Fajitas anf buritos all of it are delicious with reasonable price..the service also satisfying, and top of that during my visit there is a belly dancing performance for charity purpose to complete my experience here..maybe it would be better if they lift up the 'appearance of the restaurant..absolutely will go back again!

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Mexican food and margaritas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is one of the oldest and most established restaurant chains in Jakarta, having been around for almost 40 years.

Visited September 2012
“Good Grilled!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love the way it's grilled, lot's of unique satay as you can see, and it's lite bite will make you wants to have some more!

Visited August 2012