“average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Tokyo, Japan
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. A pool on the top of the roof was nice. Nobody there except us. The staffs were very helpful. We always wanted to call Bluebird taxi, They call them soon each time. The buffet for morning was also good every morning. There are few outside restaurant next to this hotel which was so nice and tastes good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Financialc0ntr0ller, Manager at Aston at Kuningan Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we certainly hope to welcome you back to Aston at Kuningan Suites in the future. Please do contact us trough our main hotel e-mail address in case you have plans to return to Jakarta .

We thank you once more for your support.

Your Sincerely

Financial Controller.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at the Aston in Feb 2012

During the night they had staff hammering a Valantines day banner in the courtyard for an hour ar 12pm-1am. I at first thought it was a neighbour, but when I looked out I saw it was Aston staff. I calledthe desk and after several minutes got them to ask him to stop.

This ruined my nights sleep and when I complained the next morning I told them I did not intend to pay for the night, they said they would sort it.

When I checked out the Front Office Manager (Tanti) lied to me saying it was a neighbour, When I called her on her lie and pointed out that I had watched the night manager tell the guy to stop and that it was the Valaentines day banner he was building she backed down.

They then offered me 20% of a small dinner bill, about $6-7 in compensation for this..

I emailed Mr Bapair Harun (the owner) about this and give him a chance to address the issues and they did not even bother to reply after a week.

My advise is if you want staff that tell the truth and a good nights sleep go somewhere else

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sbird14
Financialc0ntr0ller, Manager at Aston at Kuningan Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Guest

First of all, allow us to apologize about unpleased experience during your last stay.

This is indeed a good feedback for us more control the worker from outside event organizer during their preparation. We ensure it would not happen in the future.

your sincerely

Financial Controller
Aston at Kuningan Suites.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I've stayed in Aston at Kuningan Suites for 2 times. Every time I stay, I always find this is the best hotel I'd recommend to friends and colleagues to stay in Jakarta. For the same price as other 4-star hotels in Jakarta, Aston gives you the most luxurious and the best services. You feel the great of this hotel even from the first you enter it's lobby. The buffet restaurant Pastis, the amenities ... Everything is just beautiful.
Thank You to all staff who taking care me and my Family, I will go to Pastis and Aston more to come.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CarmeloP_11
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

CHECK -IN: Clumsy and unprofessional.
ACCOMMODATION: We paid for a delux room on higher floors, assigned a dirty room on the 7th that had stained and torn setee, debris under setee seat, dirty kitchen cupboards, cofee table with cigarette burn, dirty windows and balcony with AC that blows hot air.
We were re-assigned a different room on the smoking infested 3rd floor after complaining. This room was slightly cleaner but kitchen cupboards, cooker and work surfaces were dirty and stained. Setee was filty. We used bed sheets to spread over them during our stay.
Restaurant setees had dirty and debris under the seat every day. Mr Ade Firmansyah (Executive Houskeeper) tried to apologise and told us the hotel recently underwent rennovation. But Ade, the problem is with poor quality of maintennance and daily upkeep. We left a newspaper under my bed when we moved in, it was still there 4 days later when we checked out!!!
BEST THINGS ABOUT OUR STAY: The professionalism of Tanti Ramayana- Front House Manager, free use of the internet in her office, sleep quality of the beds and the birthday cake and card she arranged for me. Thank you Tanti and others for your kind wishes.

Room Tip: The choice is up to individual travellers. One thing we are sure about, we would NOT recommend this...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gazzajam
Financialc0ntr0ller, Manager at Aston at Kuningan Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience during stay with us. We do apologies for things you found far from expectation. We sincerely appreciate your comment, and it's really valuable for us in accordance to fulfill guest satisfaction and striving for excellence. whenever your travel brings you to Jakarta, we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to Aston at Kuningan Suites.

Your sincerely

Financial Controller
Aston at Kuningan Suites.
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I only stayed for one night in this hotel because of a wedding that i have to attend at the restaurant in the hotel or apartment.

The room was okay, looks quite modern. It's also quite clean.

What i really didn't like was the service. The staff was not helpful. They only have 2 luggage trolley for the whole building so they make us wait and just put our stuff on the floor and didn't attend to it until i said something. The receptionist was also very poor, it took a long time for us to check in and she didn't even tell us that the room includes buffet breakfast. We found out about the breakfast at 9.30 am when we were ordering room service and when we came down at 9.45, there are hardly any food left!! And the breakfast ends at 10.30 am..... Still a full 45 minutes on a Sunday and they didn't refill the food!!

I wouldn't recommend staying here at all for people visiting Jakarta. Better stay somewhere else..

• Stayed November 2011
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

i stayed with my family last month.
this hotel is suit for family, it a service appartement. large room, good service, excelent cleanliness.
i had living room, two bed room, and kitchen. my kids can play around as we had a lot of space to play. my wife can cook our favorite food and in a nice kitchen. i realy felt like at home.
this hotel is located in center of city its verry easy to reach you would feel like not in jakarta cause you will find so many trees around.
good for bussiness or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank budi879
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were a little disappointed. Taxi from airport and another took us to the wrong Aston so make sure they know where there going. Reception staff lacked the attentiveness that you expect when you book in. All other staff excellent particularly the valets. Bedrooms were lovely. Kitchenette lacked a few necessary utensils. Microwave did not work. The shower leaked onto basin and vanity. Breakfasts were sometimes cool and the eating area shares non-smoking and smoking areas. When I booked I requested a non-smoking high situated room. I got a room on the first floor and had an ashtray. When I questioned this I was told the room had airconditioning and that is what was available. Why ask for preferences at all. I understand preferences are just that but I did make an early booking. Price and space of room was excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family