“Nice hotel!”

Ranked #55 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta
“Nice hotel!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed there on long weekend end of March 2014. Despite of its slow internet connection the room is great. Although my room was not located in no smoking floor, its nice interior and design has become a-fresh-air to my lung. The buffet breakfast was delicious. The pool is a little bit small, but it is okay :)

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank esamuel0726

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Good location. I worked in Mayapada Tower and it took just 15 minutes to get to work by taxi. The staff are helpful and spoke good English. The room is modern and spacious and met all my needs. The kitchenette is very well-equipped. Kitchen utensils are new and electrical appliances are all in good working order. The breakfast at Ocha & Bella restaurant is very healthy and good. Breakfast service starts early at 6:00AM which leaves plenty of time to get to work. Good value for money. Will definitely stay again on my next trips to Jakarta.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. WWC9695,

Thanking you for taking the time to review us on your recent visit

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room, the healthy and good breakfast ,as well as the staff helpfulness.

Your kind feedback will definitely encourage our team to do even better.

Once again, Thank you and please visit us again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in May. The staff were very professional and friendly, rooms were nicely decorated and good value for money and I enjoyed the pool area. The only slight problems I had were the a/c in the room resetting itself so it warmed up a lot, and the sound of the mosque which I know is inescapable but in 6 weeks in indonesia this was a particularly loud hotel - and i think coming from 2 sides of the building at once. Restaurant downstairs was lovely and we ate there twice. Pizza particularly good and mojitos delicious! Breakfast was amazing, cereals,toast,cheese etc on the western side, the usual indonesian dishes such as nasi goreng and then some proper main courses including a delicious cheesy pasta one day. Homemade breads and pastries were the highlight for me but would highly recommend everything on this stand out breakfast menu! I imagine it would be a good option for business travellers as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr./Mrs. SJ112,

Thanking you for your recent feedback, am so pleased to learn on your compliment towards our team and Ocha & Bella team and rest assure that your comment will be shared with them.
However, I regret to hear on your inconvenience experienced on the Air Condition which have been rectified.

Mr./Mrs. SJ112, once again thank you for your constructive feedback, through you we are able to improve our daily operations.

Looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Big rooms and a fancy Italian café make up for the lack of a 'scene' bar in this place, though it's quite nice to have that stuff down the road (ie 3 hours of traffic jam away). It's not in a neighbourhood with a lot of fancy stuff, but 'fancy stuff' in Jakarta mainly means shopping malls and/or brothels, so again no bad thing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I would say this is the best deal you can get if you are staying in Jakarta.
This rare loft style (2 storey living space) is one of a kind in town.
This serviced apartment, is also perfect for long term stay equipped with kitchen and a separate floor living room.
The chic white color themed is a perfect blend for the stay. Breakfast is served at the famous Ocha & Bella restaurant.
A five star with a four star price.

Room Tip: Choose 1 bedroom loft style room. It comes with 2 storey loft style room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I wrote a review of this property 2 months ago. I gave it a 4 circle rating with a caution as follows

"Space was luxurious. Bedding was comfortable. However my sleep quality was poor. The air condition had been programmed to go 24deg at about 3am the worst time to wake up, what more to meddle with the controller"

The same bad experience was repeated to script. I was awaken at 3 am as the room was getting very warm, what more with the heavy quilt. Again the preprogrammed airconditioning spoilt my sleep. That was the worst time to wake up. In the distance you could hear the boom-boom sound from the bars along Jalan Jaksa.

I hope to see it fixed for my next visit. Service was also getting sloppy; there was a typo on the internet access password, Morrissey instead of morrissey. Buck up morrissey!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good sleep then this is to be avoided
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Esham S
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Mr./Ms. Jemapohexplorer,

Thank you for your recent feedback, I am pleased to hear on your compliments towards our property. However I regret to hear on your uncomfortable experience towards our services (Air Conditioner and Service).

Every customer is very important for us, rest assure that I have personally look in to it and have shared your feedback to related department.

I would like to learn more about your recent stay, and it will be great if we could be in touch on your next visit.
You are very much welcome to contact me through ivy.thema@iammorrissey.com

Once again, I thank you for your constructive feedback, through you we are able to make an improvement in our daily operations.

Jakarta
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place, great architecture, very France, must try the pool on the rooftop with great view, free bicycle rent, free 15 minutes bajaj look like tour, good interior. I think it's perfect for city break for Jakartans, enjoy Jakarta without traffic in the weekend. Near national monument monas & national museum.
Children pool is very small, expect congested children pool in the weekend, at that time the bicycle's tyre was flat & they don't have tyre pump, free "Bajaj" tour was very short time

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Mr/Mrs. Abdillah

Thank you for your comment.

Pleased to learnt that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your advise on the bicycle tire that have been fixed on the day itself.

You may consider our 'Spring Festival for your future break , do visit us at iammorrissey.com to learn more about the festival.