Morrissey Hotel Residences
  • Breakfast included
$122
$105
  • Pool
All reviewsocha bellastudio roomserviced apartmentmini kitchenjalan jaksasmall kitchenetterooftop poolelectric stovecooking facilitiescall to prayercentral jakartarestaurant downstairshome away from homelong stayinterior designmodern hotelrooms are spacious
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there last week (21 - 22 March, room number 514 under name Ayu Kartika Sari) with my friends. I like the atmosphere at the time I entered the lobby. Clean, minimalist and not too much. When I checked in, the staff name fita assist me to register and so on and she asked me to put a deposit Rp 500,000. I dont want to put a deposit so I asked her to close the minibar. She said it is impossible. She refused. Okay, so I gave her my friend's credit card detail with its cvv code but she said they need the physical card. She insisted me to wait untill I get the deposit. What makes me dissapointed was when I stayed at Pullman Jakarta (which is 5 stars) they do not insist me to put a deposit. And, finally i gave her the deposit. I paid by my atm card, but SADLY and what ASHAME they cannot accept debit via BCA atm card. And soooo I have to walk by foot approximately about 50 meters out of the hotel to find ATM centre and back again to the hotel and paid by cash. I should have give them 5 stars because of the good breakfast and nice spacious room if only they had the check in procedure change. As I work in hotel industries too, I understand it was a standard procedure but I hope they could get more easy with it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AyuKartikaSari
Reviewed March 22, 2014

An interesting hotel with excellent rooms where you can cook your own food. I would suggest you do so as the 'restaurant' where you have breakfast and can have dinner is a joke. They would be better putting a breakfast in the fridge.
The staff were excellent in the hotel, dreadful in the restaurant. The design of the hotel is unusual and pleasing with old and new motorcycles around along with various interesting articles. Getting a cab in the morning can be a challenge. I would suggest ordering one in advance.
All in worth a visit but you have been warned about the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Ivy T, General Manager at Morrissey Hotel Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Mr. Miles,

Thanking you for your recent review. We are glad to learn that you are overall pleased with the look and feel of our property, especially the service from our team.
However it is unfortunate to hear on your disappointment towards breakfast at the Restaurant.
We have taken note and shared it with our partner.
With a great pleasure we are looking forward to welcome you back and serve you even better.

Ivy Thema

Reviewed March 19, 2014

From the moment you enter until the time you check-out, you'll be mesmerized with the design and attention to details.... definitely a super hip & cool place to be when your in jakarta.... the service was awesome and the rooms are superb. will definitely come back here again!!!

Room Tip: a must place to try whenever your in Jakarta!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights in March 2014 as part of a bigger holiday around South East Asia.

We booked their shuttle through golden bird to collect us from hotel at £15 which was a bit steep once we realised the cost of living in Jakarta but otherwise we had an enjoyable stay in the Morrissey apartments.

The rooms are clean smart and the staff friendly and helpful. It feels like a hotel really with reception and breakfast as you would expect. The lobby is modern with vintage 1900 era pieces of furniture and electricals such as gramaphones and radios on display. There are some interesting old books to browse away the hours.

The location is near other tourist hotels and felt safe though there isn't much on the tourist trail to do in Jakarta. The accommodation reception which is always open provided us with a map which has all the routes of local buses on so relatively easy to get around. The price is fixed at 18p so it's a cheap if congested way to get around.

We could recommend a stay at the Morrissey serviced apartments.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Room soundproofing is not good. I can hear the cleaning staff working in the morning. Prx is quiet fair to the room. Breakfast is ok. Location is good if u plan to go to CBD or southern area of Jkt. Good place to stay on weekend.

Room Tip: away from elevator. corner/toward street side room is quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo