“Luxury, German perfection, Indonesian hospitality”

Signatures Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 8,489 Restaurants in Jakarta
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A true culinary journey for every occasion, all day. Signatures Restaurant unveils a warm and welcoming ambiance, whether you are there for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Indonesia's first president graces the walls as you reminisce and savour that legendary Bubur Ayam HI. Watch the restaurant come alive with buffets and open show kitchens. Western, Asian, International and best European bakery products.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

There is stiff competition between the luxury hotels on weekend brunches. Kempinski is a strong competitor. Staff, service, organisation excellent. Difficult to find more friendly waiters. Location: nice, central, restaurant with an outside patio, not extraordinary but fully acceptable. Food: international, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, European, German (bread and pretzels). Some quality coiuld be improved: oysters were almost tasteless, mussels dry, ice cream with too much skimmed milk. But the rest was OK. Beer (they have Bavarian brand!), wine has to be paid extra by glass which puts an extra charge on your wallet. Due to the almost alcohol free zone you can fully enjoy Indonesian family life (very few "westeners" there). All in all: very good but room for improvement

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Signatures Restaurant at Hotel Indonesia is one of our Coup de Coeur. Apart from the central location, we enjoy the modern yet warm decor and ambience and the well-designed playground for little VIPs featuring a tree house, slide, stuffed toys, books and craft material. Although the self-proclaimed specialties here are bubur ayam, oxtail soup and homemade ice cream, there is a vast selection of breads & pastries, Western, Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese food and everything pork. The dessert menu is fabulous. Don’t miss out on the macaroons. Service is impeccable. Perfect for families with younger children.
Opening hours: 12:00 pm -15:00 pm
Price:
Without alcohol: Rp.318,000 with free flow of juices, ice tea, lemon tea, water, coffee and tea. Alcohol is paid à la carte.
Children (five to 10 years old): Rp.159,000
Address: Jl. M. H Thamrin No. 1
Website: http://www.kempinski.com/en/jakarta/hotel-indonesia/dining/culinary-highlights/weekend-brunch/

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I talked to two locals at the hotel sauna and they said you need to know a specific restaurant for you to be assured of how good their food it. In short, you cannot just randomly walk the street and try some food. You could get disappointed. A local travel blogger who we met the next day also confirmed this. Very similar to our case in Manila. In short, if you are in Jakarta, food stalls in high end shopping malls are the good ones, especially the ones in hotels. So I said hallelujah when I heard that, after all, we were staying in one of the best hotels in the city. And it was perfect time for me to get familiar with other local dishes we haven't tried in Yogyakarta and during our short stay in Jakarta.

Nasi Goreng Putih, uli bakar, bihun goreng, tumis labu siam, gulai telor, gulai ikan, ayam balado, telur dadar, kati tahu tempe, ayam goreng, sate maranggi, the list goes on an on and I was feasting.

Like the hotel, this restaurant is much celebrated. It is consistent with the overall elegant appeal of the hotel. There is enough seats to cater to customers and I noticed big paintings on the wall of some historical personal who I assume dined in this place. I also noticed that a lot of space is covered by sections dedicated to food spread. Each corner offers a different set of dishes. There is so much to choose from.

Our friend who was staying at another hotel joined me and my wife for breakfast and he was satisfied with the food choices given the fact that he had to pay only 220,000 Rupiah , the roughly 800 Pesos. I don't know the standard in Jakarta but I have tried many hotel buffets (even breakfast buffet for in-house guests) and I can tell hotel buffets in Manila are quite pricey. You cannot find a buffet with this selection for 800 pesos in the Philippines. Sure, nothing very fancy here at Signatures Restaurant like rib eye but you definitely get more than what you pay for. My wife and our friend enjoyed the many International dishes in the selection while I feasted mostly on Indonesian dishes and pastries. The food I tried are all tasty and my wife and friend agreed. Did we enjoy the food, the ambiance and the experience? Well, we spent three (3) hours in the restaurant. Do I have to say more?

1  Thank pusangkalye
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Recommend dinner, its happening buffet dinner, if u tried explore grand indo , this place is nicer for dinner, variable food, the best one is baked salmon.. And ice cream mix it with oreo ...
And just information the cheaper 5star buffet resto in jakarta between mulia,shangrila,hyatt

2  Thank Grace G
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Last week I visited Signatures Restaurant for lunch buffet, I came with high hope that Kempinski
will offer great and high quality food & beverage.
However I was so surprised that none of that was true, and left the restaurant after lunch very disappointed, if you pay over 30 US$ before tax, I think its more then fair to expect quality and good service.

3  Thank JohnFeld28