“Nice Atmosphere”

Ranked #15 of 8,352 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The German Brauhaus brings Bavaria right into the heart of Jakarta! Enjoyr home-brewed beer, Bavarian delicacies and live music on evenings.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Aside from it's delicious signature platter dish, I love the ambient of this restaurant. Also, good service from the waitresses although they seem a bit overwhelmed with orders when it's crowded.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went to the this place at lunchtime but just for drinks. A small beer is Rp 80,000 ($8) plus tax, this is totally ridiculous, so 2 small beers was almost $20. This is in a shopping mall in Jakarta, not some five star hotel in Singapore.

Far better value to go downstairs to Social House, cheaper drinks plus you can buy promotion bottles of wine from their wine shop and drink it in the restaurant.

Refuse to be ripped off again at Paulaner Brauhaus.

2  Thank ghdtreb
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I would like to recommend Paulaner Brauhaus to anyone who wants German menu and German beer. I would also like to recommend this place to anyone aged 25+ considering its atmosphere and music.

The menu I might recommend are: Paulaner platter and Pork Knuckle

There are a lot of this in the platter, and all of them taste great. One platter is for 3-4 people, or 2 people with huge appetite. While pork knuckle is a signature of German dish, served very well and taste great.

Come early during busy hour and weekend. Kindly report yourself to front desk and the waiter/waitress will assist you.

I like the old place before renovation, easier access

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Was there for corporate dinner. Staffs are very friendly since the first time I call them. They can explain and give what we want (table position, buffet position). Food are good, I like the pork. But, mostly I like their Beer! Dark beer actually, we've ordered 1 barrel beer and that's enough for 70 glasses. Private room is not too large, but they have view to the HI fountain. I put Paulaner as my hang out list anyway.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The place wasn't cheap before but now that Paulaner has reopened in 2014 they seem to have lost all sense of proportion when it comes to value for money.
The beer prices have risen tremendously (before we paid 56.000 for half a liter, now it is more than 80.000). I went there with a business partner for a simple lunch, no beer, just tea, one small starter and coffe and the bill was more than 600.000. For a simple lunch this is ridiculous. Also portion sized have diminished noticeably, so has taste.
On another occasion shortly after they had reopend we had to haggle with a young waiter forever as I had ordered a dish that according to the menue is accompanied by bread, which he denied vehemently. It took me forever to get him to actually read the menue and have him admit that the dish indeed is supposed to come with bread but then he disappeared without getting back to us and I had to ask two (!) more waiters to pleasse please please bring my bread an when it finally came all others had finished their meals and I had to hork mine down in a rush. Waitstaff seems more than overwhelmed, certainly not trained sufficiently (they should know the menu and if not, at least be able to read it or ask someone who can and is willing to do so). Management seems to be lost. We will not go back as Paulaner has definitely stepped over a reasonable price limit and is now on the egde to ridiculousness, considered their unbalanced value for money ratio. The whole place feels like it is fallen prey to Aliens and is not run by Paulaner-people anymore. A pity it is. One more thing: until now they have not managed to re-open their Deli, which is closed now for a year and a half or so.

Just went to Paulaner in Singapore and enjoyed it very much. The difference is literally palpable.