“Good place”
Review of Merlynn Park Hotel

Merlynn Park Hotel
Ranked #151 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights during our Indonesian vacation. This was our first stop in Indonesia. Though we reached much early for a 2 pm check in we got our room as we checked in. The room was very spacious and the bath was nice too. Wifi was free but was a little patchy and so we had to log in many times. We had 2 passwords -one for each. When it worked it was fine, or we were just hanging, but the staff was helpful. There was an Indian restaurant inside the hotel, and the fare was authentic too. The health club and the spa were excellent. We did not use the pool, but it was very inviting. The breakfast fare was decent and had an Indian dish too daily. The location was nice and we could see the national monument from our room itself.
Nice place to stay in Jakarta

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Merlynn Park Hotel

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been thr in Sept with my frens, the property is amazing, with good spacious rooms,beautiful lobby and helpful staff,i stayed there for 6 nights and will recommend it for all, food was good, staff is very helpful, only minus was its bar, the area looks not like where u want to just unwind and relax. overall nice experience, pool was amazing actually i could say 5 star facilities with 3 star rates.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed numerous times in this hotel .Because its a 3 starred price with 4-5 star facilities.Always booked from Agoda , and it never fails.Fast check in and out.Big room with complete amenities.Comfy bed.Staffs are nice and helpful.Breakfast was quite delicious, with a lot of choices.Tried the gym and the pool on the roof top , its nice overall.Areas surrounding the Merlynn Park Hotel , was crowded ,and everyday you can experience heavy traffic jams.Cleanliness in the surrounding of this hotel was an issue , but in most part of Jakarta , is just like this .The Roxy Square electronics mall is within walking distance ,just be careful with your belongings if you intend to walk down the surrounding streets.There's a lot of resto nearby.This Roxy area is near to night life of Jakarta , the Gajah Mada ,Mangga Besar street.Tip : if you use the provided taxi from the hotel , it will be a bit expensive, tell the staffs to hail the Blue Bird taxi ( make sure to them that you WANT the blue bird taxi , not just the blue taxi), journey will be much cheaper.Trip to the airport will took you about an hour or so , if there's no traffic jam .Be sure you have enough time to travel , before your flight

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erwin K
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is 4-5 star size with 2 star service. The attitude of the staff is pretty poor considering most Indonesian people are extremely friendly.

There was a good selection for breakfast, although the food wasn't fresh. I found a hair inside my croissant and raised this with the restaurant manager, who just laughed and though it was funny.

The internet code didn't work on my laptop and I had to go down to reception to ask for another code, but was then told it was probably because my iphone was logged in and only one device was allowed to connect at any time, so I had to wait until the iphone had disconnected before trying with my laptop again.

Location - ideal for the red light district, but outside the hotel seems pretty dark and threatening. Hotel staff were always trying to get people to use one of their recommended taxis which were twice the price of normal bluebird taxis.

On the plus side, the price for the hotel room is generally good if you book in advance, but you are better off staying in a different location if you want to walk outside your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Me M
Reviewed June 19, 2013

first time stay at this Hotel, the hotel has a lot to offer, 5 restaurants, 2 large roof top pools with great city views, a day spa.

we stayed in the family room with 2 Queen beds, the beds were very comfy, rooms clean and Bathroom was pretty good.
the only issue with the hotel was the bad customer service, staff were rude and no matter where you at they all tried to rip you off, we ordered the same drinks 2 days and both at different prices.
free wifi in lobby
food at the breakfast and restaurants were good but you can find better outside.
advise always check the bill

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Micheal1788
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel has a great location. Even though the hotel is 5 star hotel, I don't think it suitable for the service. My family and I had a big problem here. First, this hotel should repair the water pipe because the water in our room not flow smoothly. Second, the wifi can't use inside the room. Third, I don't find any find pen/pencil inside the room. I don't believe with the operator who said "there is a pen in every room". I'm sorry, but I was desperate to find pen/pensil to writing down the wifi's code which contains more than 10 numbers!. Fourth, i don't find any people smiling who work in the hotel, except security guard in the lobby. Fifth, It's really weird when we see ashtray in nonsmoking room. Sixth, in the last day when we were sleeping (around 11pm), the red hydrant box (in front of our room) was rang. I saw flash electric that came out from the hydrant box. We were very afraid+panic and called the operator, but we dont get any response about what happend that night. That incident made us can't sleep well. I've never had an experience like that when staying at a hotel.
I hope the hotel management can solve our problem. I'll come back if the hotel fix it. Beside negative side, there is positive things. We love the hotel location, big room, city view, the swimming pool, security system, and variety menu in breakfast buffet :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fab-traveller91
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The external facade of this hotel looks grand, modern and sophisticated, however the same cant be said for its interior. Right when you stepped into the lobby, you will feel disoriented by its mix and match design which ranges from chinese theme, to disco like shiny influence to modern contemporary design where it all can be summed up to confusion of the design theme of the hotel.

The room was big but again the mismatched theme carried on therein. With a chandelier hanging in the middle which looks so out of place. Though they tried to replicate luxury by providing seating area complete with coffee table, fitting it with pvc seaters and cheap flimsy table defeats the purpose.

The bathroom, though spacious, was again not properly design with black tilings which makes everything hard to find with poor lighting. My most gripe would be on the shower where there's no other choice but for you to kneel in the bathtub or else water would splatter all over the floor. There's no free standing shower head but instead some sort of pipe that you have to pull up from the side of the bath tub.

Dining experience here was also not memorable as i tasted the worst overpriced cheese burger. The buffet breakfast was nothing to shout about as well.

I truly believe this hotel had misrepresented itself as a 5 star hotel