“Clean but bad location”

Ranked #147 of 463 Hotels in Jakarta
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Clean but bad location”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
1- we took the family suit, beds were big and comfy.
2- clean.
3- price was ok.

Cons:
1- location is really bad and u got nothing there.we were at Ancol and when it was raining all the taxis refused to transport us back due to "Banjeer' floods! We had to stay in a hotel there.
2- buffet was small and not much varieties. But it wasn't that bad.
3- I took a shower and went to sleep and after 3 or 4 hours the shower door shattered while we were asleep and it scared the hell out of my kids.... Thank god it happened while we were asleep and nobody was injured.... I will post some pics of that incident. I went down stairs and they immediately changed my room.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My client arranged me this hotel and in overall it's pretty good. The room is spacious and comfortable with all necessary amenities included although it's still not comparable to international 5 star hotel.

Nothing much to complain, it's a nice hotel to stay in especially business travelers

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I choosed this hotel for my buyer guest from one travel agent who offer a fantastic price for *5 hotel in Jakarta. But after reach hotel , I think, it should be 4 star hotel. Staffs too busy not friendly, services like *3 hotel, lobby is big but standard, room size is big but also standard.

Stayed November 2012
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was staying in this hotel for many times. and the last, I get cover charge IDR 500.000 for take a picture in my room. It's non make sense if we must pay that amount because we take a picture. They said that I'm used a property of hotel and must be told them to get permit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

5 Thank Hendra L

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed December 18, 2012

As ussuall i stay at this hotel for handling goverment meeting for 3nights. This is my 4th stay at this hotel, why we re visit this hotel? main reason is large room with LCD TV. For those who will stay with family this hotel recommended since your kids will have enough space to move.

Their bath room is nice with unique bathtub, you will love to take a long bath inside. Food much improve from my 1st visit. Used to be most taste of their soup is terrible like clear chicken soup (soto ayam) , or dark beef soup (Rawon) but my last visit on Oct their food much improve even some of their pastry still taste not good.

I also love their function room at 6th floor with a large glass window, we can see the sky after meeting for some attendants they comment it really make calm.

Location not too good since it far from shopping area but it could be reach by public transport. you can stop at Harmoni halte and walk for less than 3 minutes to find this hotel. Overall i feel satisfied concider to rate, room and services.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manila
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great food, Great Location, Great Rooms and Great Staff. thats what i can say for this hotel 24 hours rooms service, taxi in front of the hotel anytime of the day. breafast is a combination of different cuisines, the rooms are big, super comfy beds, i will recommend this to anyone coming to jakarta. i will stay here again and again.. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Delhi
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This property is simply brilliant. It is huge, clean and very spacious. What I was surprised with was the brilliant Indian food that I got there. I have had Indian food in a lot of places out of India but the taste is anything but desirable but at Merlynn Park it was simply outstanding. Full marks for food!

The rooms are big and they are comfortable. All of them have the basic facilities like tv, fridge, coffee maker. The surprise was the bathroom. In some cities the room is as big as that! Very spacious and well-lit.

The hotel staff was courteous too and that is a real blessing!

My only wish is that the staff would understand English a little better and I wish that they had more elevators. With a large group it can take almost upto 15 minutes for you to get into the lift. Also, I hope that they have more iron and ironing boards next time! Apart from these issues the hotel was a dream! I honestly, didn't expect it to be so good!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but stay as close to the 7th floor as possible. There is a lovely pool and gym th...