“Room great, service average”
Review of Merlynn Park Hotel

Merlynn Park Hotel
Ranked #141 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We booked this room for 2 nights to give us the room for the day before a midnight flight back to London. The room was huge, lovely big bathroom and nice tub. Room service, TV and breakfast all great. Location I think was good but we didn't venture out much in Jakarta. Reception staff however were really unhelpful. The only useful help we got was from the doormen. Reception staff were unhelpful and a little rude. There was a mistake with our booking and it took a few phone calls and visits to sort it out! But for the price we were happy.

Room Tip: We had the cheapest standard room but it was still very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 5, 2011

New hotel, really nice spacious lobby and the rooms were giant, spotlessly clean and very comfy. But its definitely not a 5-star, maybe a 4-minus.
Reasons; receptionist a bit slack, on the verge of being snipey. The staff are friendly but not very helpful because of lack of training. You just have to fend for yourself. The rooms, although VERY clean, are a bit tacky and the hotel lacks atmosphere and soul.
So go for it if you look for a clean and comfy place to stay.
Then again, I found an equally clean and comfy place to stay (smaller rooms but VERY CLEAN) for half the price in Favo hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have read a lot of some terrible reviews about this hotel, especially how bad the receptionist is. But when we arrived, they quickly open the vehicle door with a big smile, help us with all our heavy baggage, and when we came to the desk, the receptionist quickly do their job, and voila! we got our family room, 2 queen/double bed which is so comfy, 42inch LCD TV, a nice desk and view to Central Park Jakarta, bathroom with a very nice bathtub and shower (hot water always available). One thing is not so good is that it is quite hard to call the receptionist through the telephone (no response). The pool is good and quite small), but not get cleaned every day (an infinity pool is on the way to be finished). The breakfast buffet is good, quite a lot of variety with a lot of appetizer and dessert. To mention the location, it is not that near to anywhere but shopping malls, Monas, and a museum. Overall, our stay is quite good and I think this hotel has a lot of potentials if they keep making their service to the top!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Love it!! Great room and spacious lobby. Very nice service. But somehow I don't really like the buffet, somehow it tasted bland. Maybe it's just me.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rizmaadlia
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Very happy with this as a simple good value business hotel. The rooms are spacious and have decent furnishings. Overall it is a well polished hotel.

I can say it was clean as a whistle and I was very happy with my room.

Sleep quality was only ok and here is my simple beef. The bed is great and the pillows are huge. I like a medium pillow not a large pliump pillow. As a result i woke up with a sore neck.

Food was pretty good, not amazing.

I would say this is a very fine 3* hotel if not a large, spacious modern 4* that lacks a little class and quality in the finishing touches.

The price is awesome and I was delighted withthe hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2011

In general the hotel is nice. Room size is good. Buffet breakfast in the restaurant is very simple and MOST SHOCKING is that any Tom,Dick and Harry will just sit himself at your table without checking if seat is taken leaving me dumb founded. I can see the reason why this is so as there are lack of tables. The hotel's F & B should look into this matter and arrange for more tables. Is very annoying to have some strangers suddenly sitting with you when you want to have a private business coversation with your associates. Also there is no shopping mall of within walking distance so can be boring if you are thinking of taking a walk after a meal.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pebs123
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Ive been traveling a lot to Jakarta, and finally ive found the hotel that I really like, its new, the Indian restaurant was great, breakfast was delicious with different kind of food. I was staying at the Bulgari Suite, The room was big, big TV, good bathroom. Unfortunately, during 2 days of 3 days our stay there, the water was fitly, we cannot even shower - we've been trying to call the manager on duty, he they are very slow and I think he was not very helpful, the technician guy who came said they have use the pool water to supply water to some hotel room. We was very surprised with that. There's no way we can get in touch with the GM as no body let me spoke to her (Mrs.Maya) or give me her email address. Just a tip: Dont bother to have room service, because the food takes realllllyyyyy long to come, they do not accept card for the payment, and often the food that come is not the one that I ordered. Last but not least, ill come back to this hotel, but first of all, make sure that the water is clean. The reception staff must smile and be friendly more.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple