“Horrible”

Batavia Apartments
Ranked #44 of 147 Specialty Lodging in Jakarta
“Horrible”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The restaurant, just horrible. They always ran out of fried rice/rice. Always. You have to ask for the refill. Ask once or twice isn't enough. And you have to wait 10-20 mins untill the rice is ready.

I spent 2 nights in this apartment and they didn't give me bath soap refill untill I ask.

When I was going to complaining their service, the receptionist didn't let me talk with the manager. The receptionist write my complaint in the back of scrap paper.

Worst hotel experience ever. Definetily not worth it, IMO.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank rendy13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have stayed here 7 times in the last 6 years, but the service is going down steadily.
At check-in nothing is ready and everything has to be prepared on the spot. Tt will take you at least 30 mins.
Room service is slow and when your food gets there, it is cold. The pool is nice however.

This year we took a week trip to Bali and when we came back and checked into room 19-12 it turned out to be a cockroach invested room. They promised to spray the room, but nothing happended. Fortunately they could move us to a different room. They do however not take the cockroach problem serious at all.

When you book a room with 2 bedrooms that has 2 double beds, why do you only get 2 breakfast coupons per day? What is the logic behind this. And why they still allow smoking in the restaurant. In my 3 week stay I have seen 5 people smoking on various occassions. Just ban it, like in Europe.

We will not come back here anymore, too bad because the local food down the street is great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bieder2003

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Nice, clean apartment. We stayed at 2 nice bedrooms apartment. Free breakfast everyday (for 2 adult, our baby boy was 15 months old at that time). We actually stayed in March 2010 for 10 days. Easy access to any super malls, restaurants, groceries etc.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jelita
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 20, 2010

What a terrible experience!!! Ok...where should I start??? I had one day business trip to Jakarta on late May 2010. I was thinking to have a little reunion with High Schools. I was scouring the world wide web to find a perfect place for the reunion, after debating between Taman Anggrek, which has no picture, and Batavia Serviced Apartments; I decided to ask a favor from a friend of mine who live in Jakarta to make the reservation. I made the decision based on the pictures available on their website. Upon my arrival, things look okay on the lobby. But whole another story is waiting in the actual room, or maybe start right on the hallway. On the first night I booked a one bedroom apt.
I think I will just make a list:
1st night
1. the hallway is terribly HOT - no air conditioner! according to the staff they do that deliberately to avoid the cooking smell from the tenants. Yeah..right.... - I've never experience this in other apartments I've been to - but whatever.
2. okay....what is it with the falling apart electrical outlet with expose LIVE wire!!! don't they know about law suit????
3. dirty bathroom - moldy wall and dingy bathroom cabinet, grayish towel which should be perfectly white!!! - yuck!!!!
4. smelly microwave - it smell like hell ....... - imagine rotten fish!
5. then.....time to go to bed.... once I turn down the bed...... OMG - the sheet is in grayish color instead of white. Out of my curiosity I pulled out the pillow out of the case....for the future customer.....please don't do that....you'll be sorry. Thus I slept without a pillow that night.

2nd and 3rd night. I moved to 2 bedrooms apt after I insisted to see the apt first - after I looked at the apt and asked the staff if that's the best they can do..... (the answer is yes) ... - I was so angry and had nothing further to say.

6. this second apt the furnitures are old!! I don't mind dated furnishing...but they're dirty and torn up! as if you live in a college dorm!!
7. there's a fault smell in the kitchen every time we open the cabinet under the sink to get to the trash can. Later on we realize that it's the sewer gas that goes back up under the sink. Don't they realize that that's a poisonous gas????
8. No internet connection for short term tenant - no wireless service in the building. Oh....and it's supposed to be a luxurious serviced apt.....one thing the didn't mention that their service is a lot less superior than motel 8 or even red roof inn!!!

I think you get the idea by now..... - I can go on...and on...and on....about this apartment and the management. So......further customer..... BEWARE!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business