“Good hotel for business stay”

HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta
Ranked #41 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
“Good hotel for business stay”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Good hotel for business stay, good spacious clean rooms, nice bathroom. Checkin service ok. Stayed for one night on business and will stay again. Quiet rooms. Bit far from airport, like 30 minutes at night time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Peteruga,

Thank you for always staying with us, and for sharing your review.

We are very pleased to read that the overall concept of our Hotel, its services and facilities have been able to fulfill your expectations.

Please, be sure that your comments have been warmly welcome by our players, and that we will remain focus in order to improve our services and facilities, and committed to try to always positively surprise you.

We wish you a pleasant day ahead, and we look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again.

Jean-Pierre SERFATY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Our stay so far has been good, love the Harris Suite (Rm. 1730 is excellent), and the reception staff are all very pleasant.

My husband and I decided to try out their gym facility this morning, we were both wearing sandals. Although I understand our footwear is not appropriate for exercising, I felt quite offended by Remo, the staff on duty. He decided to abruptly approach me (only) and not my husband. After a quick conversation, he did let us use the facility - but not without giving me a sour look. After we were done, he continued on with his bad attitude by greeting only my husband and totally ignored my presence.

My experience above has left a really bad taste. Unfortunately there is still a negative stigma in Indonesia about interracial couples (Indo-Caucasian in our case), and Remo's attitude reflected this typical way of thinking. I honestly felt discriminated.

We are here until the 26th, there better be some attitude adjustment, otherwise this will be the first and the last time they will get our long term stay business for our annual visit to Indonesia.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ab3710
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Ibu Indriasari Sumaryono,

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Kelapa Gading during your stay in Jakarta.

Kindly accept our sincere apologize for the inconvenience experience that you had in our hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure to talk to you and your husband this morning. I do hope that you will enjoy the rest of your stay and please be sure that this is absolutely not the kind of image that I want you to remember when you go home.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any inquiries.

Once again thank you very much, and I look forward to welcome you again very soon.

Sydney
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel & came back for 2nd time. Very handy location just next to Kelapa Gading Mall & surrounded by many restaurants so you will not have problems getting lunch or dinner plus shopping! Clean hotel & polite staff are noticeable including fast service for check in & check out. Only one problem at this hotel which was lift service that guests had to wait for sometime before you can enter the lift. In terms of pricing this hotel little bit expensive compare to other hotels in Kelapa Gading area but with so many facilities available & close by then I still recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay where you need to stay close to shops & restaurants! Great location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying again with us.

We are glad to read that you had a nice stay with us, and be certain that we highly appreciate the time you took to share your review about our Hotel.

We are as well very glad to read that you enjoyed the overall concept of our Hotel and services, that we have been able to fulfill your expectations.

Wishing you a pleasant day ahead, and we look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Great location, value for money, excellent staff, perfect room.

We've been here twice, each for a one-night stay, and already it becomes our family's favourite.

My wife was pleased with the free woman's package, inluding a relaxing foot massage. My kid likes the pool which is small but adequate. While I really had quality sleep.

We'll be coming for a third time and we'll see whether we'll finally find something to complain about.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying again with us and for taking the time to share your review.

We are indeed glad to know that we have become your family’s favorite Hotel and find out that you and your family enjoyed HARRIS life’s style.

Your feedback is our most precious source of encouragement and a truly appreciated support to our daily commitment, to try to always positively surprise you every time you visit us.

Once again thank you very much, and we indeed look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is my second stay at Harris Kelapa Gading. The previous one I used the Harris Room and this time I used the Harris Suite. And I'm satisfied with both rooms.
The check in/check out process were a bit problem as we were in a long-holiday period where the rooms were fully booked and there were many guests checking in and checking out at the same time. However, before 2pm, they managed to find me the available suite room. I also got the free woman package for my wife and free welcome drink for two.
The suite room was very spacious and with modern design. The impression was very clean and comfortable. The Harris suite has 1 bedroom with queen-sized bed, a family room, a dining table, 1 toilet for guests and 1 bathroom (bathroom consisted of a washbasin, a bath tub with shower and a toilet). It was pretty much sufficient for my family of 3 children plus a maid. there were 2 TVs in the suite: 1 in the family room and 1 in the bedroom. We could sleep well as the room was pretty sound-proof, the bed was also comfortable. The only problem we had was the furnitures as there were some sharp corners which were dangerous for children. I stayed at room 1711 and there was a problem with the AC in the room since it took a while before able to make the room cold. No problem at all with the AC in the family room. I like the separation of the AC arrangement between familiy room and bedroom.
Swimming Pool: it was quite simple and not too big. I and the children loved to spent times in the morning and in the afternoon here.
Food: I did not get the chance to taste the food as I booked only for the room. However, it is easy to find any food as the hotel is attached to the Kelapa Gading mall. One of the biggest shopping mall in Jakarta. I spent sometimes in Paperclip bookstore as they had this coloring program for kids.
Conclusion: We were all satisfied and will surely come back soon....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DimsumA362
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Kelapa Gading and sharing your experience during your family short getaway.

We understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you.

We are as well very glad to read that you enjoyed HARRIS life's style, the overall concept of our Hotel, and, that we have been able to fulfill your expectations.

Wishing you a pleasant day ahead, and we do hope that your pleasant experience will bring you and your family back to HARRIS Kelapa Gading on your next visit.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Harris , orange color, happy staffs what can you say? Nothing bad at all.. And the mint despenser on the front office desk made me smile ! The mall was nice as well though i am not a mall person, its drove me mental really, location was really good too near all the places i wanted to stay! Sushie for brekky ,happy staffs are smiling, live band !! Hey.. I surely gotta stay here again, its a love on a first sight...Harris, you got my vote!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ephie L
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Ephie L,

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Kelapa Gading during your stay in Jakarta.

We are glad to read that you had a happy stay with us, and be certain that we highly appreciate the time you took to share your review about our Hotel.

We are as well very pleased to read that you enjoyed HARRIS life's style.

Wishing you a pleasant day ahead, and we do hope that your experience will bring you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Singapore
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Nice simple room almost perfect but i can hear snoring noise from the room next door and footstep from the ceiling, i believe the wall and ceiling structure is not soundproof or thick enough...toliet is clean..staff cleaning our room are friendly and professional. almost perfect and ohhh elevator is slow

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank desmondz
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear desmondz,

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Kelapa Gading during your stay in Jakarta and for taking the time to share your comments.

Our Customer's feedback is our most precious source of information in order to try to consistently improving our services and facilities in order to meet our Guest's expectations.

We are delighted to read that you had a good stay with us, and please, be sure, that your review has been welcomed by the whole team.

Wishing you a pleasant day ahead, and we do hope that your awsome experience will bring you back to our Hotel in the near future.