“Feel like home”

Ranked #41 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“Feel like home”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very good services, House keeping is good ,good food ,staff at front desk is very cooperative (especially Mr Janu). But i am not happy with the response from Hotel Sales & Marketing regarding my reservation as inform by my Agent Mr.Sasi from PT.AMES indah International, otherwise hotel is good and worth staying. and value for money

Room Tip: Higher floors have to get better view this was suggested by Mr.Janu (Reception Staff)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review.

We are delighted to read that you feel like at home when staying with us.

Please, be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we will remain focus in order to improve our services and facilities, and committed to always positively surprise you.

Kindly accept my sincere apologize for the misunderstanding, and for your next booking, do not hesitate to contact me through info@harris-kelapagading-jakarta.com

Once again we thank you very much, and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Jean Pierre Serfaty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with friends.. the room is very clean, with modern interior. Harris hotel is located at the backside of Mal Kelapa Gading. the hotel itself has a connecting door to the mall, so you can go to the mall easily.
Good services!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Kelapa Gading during your stay in Jakarta.

We are glad to read that during your stay, you enjoyed the overall concept of our Hotel, and we do thank you as well for mentioning our services.

Please be sure that your comments have been well noted by all the players, and that, we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guests expectations.

Once again thank you very much. We indeed look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Jean Pierre Serfaty
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is not my usual type of hotel, it is a boutique style, very modern and bright.
The breakfast was good, and café style food was served during the day and evening, which was a limited choice.
The rooms were of a good size and well appointed, with a comfortable bed.
Adjacent to the hotel was a large shopping mall with fast food outlets and many big stores.
Adjacent to the mall was a lively piazza surrounded by small food outlets serving excellent food from all over the Far East, with live bands performing on the 2 stages in the piazza.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review.

We are very pleased to read that you had an overall comfortable stay during your business trip in Jakarta.

We also understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you.

Please be sure that your comments have been well noted by the entire team, and that, we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guests expectations.

Once again thank you very much.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Perth
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights last week. The hotel is fairly new and the room clean and comfortable. The staff are young and very helpful and friendly. The breakfast selection was very good. The location of the hotel is attached to a shopping complex and the area feels safe. There is a park close by which is suitable for a run in the morning or evening. The hotel has a family feel but is suitable for business and travellers. The hotel cost is reasonable. Simple but not fancy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

We are glad to read that you had a good stay with us and be certain that we highly appreciate the time you took to share your review about our Hotel and its surrounding area.

Please, be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we will remain focus in order to try improving our services and facilities.

Once again we thank you very much, and we indeed look forward to welcoming you very soon on your next trip to Jakarta.

Thane - West
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed in Harris in April 2013. It is a centrally located Business Hotel strategically connected to a Mall. The Hotel is decorated in a bright Orange color - right from exteriors/interiors to the dress code of the staff. The rooms are spacious and neatly appointed.
Special mention of the restaurant staff who managed to serve me some vegeterian food.
Recommended for Business travel - good value for money

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the overall concept of our Hotel, and that it matches with your own taste.

Please be sure that your comments have been well noted by all the players, (for sure, in the HARRIS Café), and that, we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guests expectations.

Once again thank you very much.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Esbjerg, Denmark
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ideal for business visit. Staff were mainly young and keen, older colleagues also friendly. My experience was that everything worked and room was clean and modern with tea/coffe maker. Concierge staff helped me with delayed luggage, bar staff were very friendly/social and attentive. Location in a mall was ideal to by some replacement clothes while waiting 2 days for luggage. Breakfast is good/evening meal a bit limited but there are innumerable restaurants in the mall. I can recommend the one just outside the side door/entrance/lobby to the mall. I would definitely choose this hotel for the purpose of business visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

We are glad to read that you had a good stay with us and be certain that we highly appreciate the time you took to share your review about our hotel and its surrounding area.

We understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you.

We are as well very pleased to read that our staff has made your stay enjoyable and that our facilities and services met your expectations.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I just had a horrible experience. My baby woke us up in the middle of the night with fever and coughing. I call the reception to seek medicine but they didn't have anything for babies. So I went down to the reception and asked for a 24 hour pharmacy. I was given direction to 2 of them which I was told were 500 meters away. After walking abt 1 kilometer I find out that both pharmacies are closed. So I asked a military policy standing post there if there are any 24 hour pharmacy in the area and he says NO! So I had to walk back to the hotel empty handed for my sick child. As I got back to the hotel I complained and asked this time for correct information. Believe it or not they said that they didn't know of a 24 pharmacy! I was blown away. Not only had they given me wrong/false information the first time but as a hotel of supposedly international standard they didn't know where to get medicine in the middle of the night if one of their guests was sick. I find that absolutely inacceptible. Anyways I went out with a car this time and found a 24 hour pharmacy in the neighbourhood and not only that but the pharmacy delivered 24 hours a day too!!! So obviously there are no standards (SOPs) in this hotel and a huge lack of management and organisation which also appeared to me at other times during my stay but which I disregarded at the time as staff negligence but which obviously was from lack of SOPs and management!

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank mochcre
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am absolutely terribly sorry to read the experience you had in our hotel during your stay.

Please Sir, be sure, that, as a General Manager, this is obviously absolutely not the kind of image that I want you to remember when you go home.

I would like as well to convince you that I am indeed very concerned and disappointed by the service that you had during that night.

Therefore, in order to apology directly to you, could you please be kind enough, to forward me your telephone number through our website e-mail address: info@harris-kelapagading-jakarta.com

Once again, could you please dear Sir, accept my sincere apologies, and,

I indeed look forward to talking to you as soon as possible.