HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsshopping mallbig mallnorth jakartadirect accessfree wifirooms are cleanconnecting doorconvenient locationwelcome drinkswimming poolservice staffhotel is locatedbusiness hotelrecommended hotelbusiness tripbuffet breakfastpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ideal for business visit. Staff were mainly young and keen, older colleagues also friendly. My experience was that everything worked and room was clean and modern with tea/coffe maker. Concierge staff helped me with delayed luggage, bar staff were very friendly/social and attentive. Location in a mall was ideal to by some replacement clothes while waiting 2 days for luggage. Breakfast is good/evening meal a bit limited but there are innumerable restaurants in the mall. I can recommend the one just outside the side door/entrance/lobby to the mall. I would definitely choose this hotel for the purpose of business visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us.

We are glad to read that you had a good stay with us and be certain that we highly appreciate the time you took to share your review about our hotel and its surrounding area.

We understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you.

We are as well very pleased to read that our staff has made your stay enjoyable and that our facilities and services met your expectations.

Please, be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we will remain focus in order to improve our services and facilities, and committed to always positively surprise you.

Once again we thank you very much, and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

HARRISly yours,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I just had a horrible experience. My baby woke us up in the middle of the night with fever and coughing. I call the reception to seek medicine but they didn't have anything for babies. So I went down to the reception and asked for a 24 hour pharmacy. I was given direction to 2 of them which I was told were 500 meters away. After walking abt 1 kilometer I find out that both pharmacies are closed. So I asked a military policy standing post there if there are any 24 hour pharmacy in the area and he says NO! So I had to walk back to the hotel empty handed for my sick child. As I got back to the hotel I complained and asked this time for correct information. Believe it or not they said that they didn't know of a 24 pharmacy! I was blown away. Not only had they given me wrong/false information the first time but as a hotel of supposedly international standard they didn't know where to get medicine in the middle of the night if one of their guests was sick. I find that absolutely inacceptible. Anyways I went out with a car this time and found a 24 hour pharmacy in the neighbourhood and not only that but the pharmacy delivered 24 hours a day too!!! So obviously there are no standards (SOPs) in this hotel and a huge lack of management and organisation which also appeared to me at other times during my stay but which I disregarded at the time as staff negligence but which obviously was from lack of SOPs and management!

Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank mochcre
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am absolutely terribly sorry to read the experience you had in our hotel during your stay.

Please Sir, be sure, that, as a General Manager, this is obviously absolutely not the kind of image that I want you to remember when you go home.

I would like as well to convince you that I am indeed very concerned and disappointed by the service that you had during that night.

Therefore, in order to apology directly to you, could you please be kind enough, to forward me your telephone number through our website e-mail address: info@harris-kelapagading-jakarta.com

Once again, could you please dear Sir, accept my sincere apologies, and,

I indeed look forward to talking to you as soon as possible.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I liked everything: professional helpful staff, good English speaking,specially Manger Janu, He supported me many times and gave me good recommendation regarding which places better to visit.
Excellent service, wonderful rooms, in room coffee, tea, and coffee. Near the hotel a large shopping center with lots of restaurants. The airport is 45 minutes by taxi, comfortable stay and very good food! I think it is one of the best hotels I have visited. It would be best for business trips but I guess families or couples would also equally enjoy their stay here.
Last but not least, I would like to praise all the staff for their excellent service. They have always been friendly and warm which made ​​my day much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank farrukh4u
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us.
We are sincerely delighted to receive your wonderful comments and to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and its surrounding area.

We are as well very pleased to read that our staff has made your stay memorable and that our facilities and services exceeded your expectations.

Please, be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we will remain focus in order to improve our services, and committed to always positively surprise you.

Once again we thank you very much, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Harris Hotel at Mall Kelapa Gading in Jakarta is a great place to stay if you are on business in the North Jakarta area. The staff is warm, helpful, and English is no problem at all. The room is somewhat minimalist in nature, but the bed is comfortable and the shower's water pressure is excellent (great to wake you up in the morning!). For a less expensive hotel as compared to the big hotel chains, the Harris' gym facility is top-notch. I start each day at this gym before heading out into the Jakarta traffic which helps to reduce the overall stress I experience.

Breakfast is also very nice; service is fast and the spread is quite vast.

I have stayed at this hotel over 10 times since moving to Asia 2 years ago and highly recommend it to any business travelers or others that are looking for a great value in this sprawling Asian metropolis.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us.

We are glad to read that you enjoy HARRIS Life Style and be certain that we highly appreciate the time you took to share your review.

Please be sure that your comments have been warmly welcome by our players, and that, we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guests expectations.

Wishing you a pleasant day ahead, and we look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

i come every month with my family to the Harris hotel @ Kelapa gading.
This is a great 3 stars hotel ,comfortable and located in Kelapa Gading with direct access to the mall (easy for shopping)
The rooms are very clean
The breakfast is amazing with a great selection of food ,friendly and professional staf

Room Tip: Better book your room in advance
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for always stay with us and for taking the time to share your reviews.

Our Customer's feedback is our most precious source of information in order to try to consistently improving our services and facilities.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall concept of our hotel, and please, be sure, that your review has been warmly welcome by the whole team.

Kindly be informed that we are not a 3 star Hotel, but a 4 star. The Hotel has been classified and certified as a 4 star hotel by the Hotel Association of Indonesia.

Once again we thank you and we look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Harrisly Yours,