WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta

HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta
Ranked #34 of 442 Hotels in Jakarta
Clearwater Beach, FL
“Stay here if for nothing else than the interconnected Mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Very nice hotel in the center of the upscale Gendong district. Great room, good internet and next door (interconnected) to a huge upscale 5 story shopping mall with upscale stores and every kind of food you would want. Hotel has a large (diverse) buffet breakfast for 9000 IDR (very reasonable for an upscale hotel).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write your wonderful review.

Our Customers feedback is the most precious source of information in order to try to consistently improving our services and facilities.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and its surrounding area .

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Jean-Pierre Serfaty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Orange is the main color of this hotel. Niice, clean and large rooms and bathrooms. Near by Kelapa gading shopping mall. You can go shopping or get lunch/dinner at big the food court (5th floor). The pity of it is that there no WIFI in the rooms but only a wired connection. At the first floor you can get the WIFI connection.

Room Tip: We 've got 2 rooms with connecting door. The rooms are at 9th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying in our Hotel and for sharing your comments. It is a real pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are as well pleased to let you know, that, we are working on a project to provide the WIFI in all Guests rooms. We do hope that you will be able to enjoy it on your next trip to Jakarta.

Once again thank you very much, and we are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Bandar Seri Begawan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

From the website, it may all look like a concept hotel with budget in mind. That was what I had in mind when I made the reservation online.

However, it was way above my expectation when I checked in to the hotel. The lobby, cafe, restaurant, lift, hallway, room and its toilet all compliment each other very well. The Orange design is really unique.

I got myself a basic, king-bed room. The room is consider large with LCD TV, leather sofa, amazing bed and 4 pillows. Also, compliment reliable and fast Internet connection via in-room LAN. The room's toilet's ware are fitted with Toto.

For my first morning of my stay, I went for hotel buffet breakast @90,000. The breakfast was consider average and had quite a variety of food such as Indonesian, Western (bread, sausage, yoghurt, potato), small section for Dim-sum and Japanese food. I wouldn't advice if you are usual patrons to dine here. It may get boring. However, I would suggest the food courts at the Mall for better selection, tastier and yet at reasonable price.

As many in this review suggested, the Hotel is indeed located just right next door to a popular Mall at this vicinity. Mall Kelapa Gading. You could find many retailers offering from basic to designer products. They have huge selection of food!

The hotel is situated quite far away from City Central. I would not recommend anyone to stay here if they intend to travel to City Central, because due to the terrible yet normal traffic condition. I was staying here as my business meeting location was just nearby.

Overall, this is my first time visiting Jakarta and I definitely enjoy my stay with Harris @Kelapa Gading. Its amazing design features and friendly, cheerful staffs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are very glad to read your positive comments.

As you mentioned, we try to be different. Therefore we are pleased to read that our hotel’s concept matches with your own taste.

We do thank you as well to underline the variety and the value for money of our breakfast. Actually, we have been doing lately some changes in order to improve our breakfast menus and setup.

We are as well delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Once again thank you very much and,
We do hope to welcome you very soon in our hotel.

Surabaya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Visited more than twice for attending a meeting at the convention hall which were amazing space for up to 300 pax with spacious room separated between smoking & non smoking floors.

As for the other family can enjoy sight seeing & shopping at Kelapa Gading shopping center which is located in the same complex with the hotel make it a functional place to stay for business & leisure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your trust, for staying again with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. It is our pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay.

Be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we stay focus to try to consistently improve our facilities and services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon and we are staying at your disposal for further assistance you may need.

Quezon City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

A modern and cool hotel. The room is large and well designed with a bright orange theme.
It has a good working area but could use a more comfortable working chair.
The bathroom has a good size and shower.
Downside is wifi is only available in the lobby. Rooms only have a wired connection.

Buffet breakfast was ample with mostly Indonesian cuisine. Buffet is reasonably priced but the extras double espresso cost just a little less than the breakfast.
The restaurant-bar had mosquitoes all night.

The hotel is attached to a very large mall. This makes it excellent for shopping and all the types of dining options from fast food to food court to specialty restaurants.

Room Tip: There is only one room type for the hotel. Insist on a non-smoking floor if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for having staying at HARRIS Kelapa Gading and for sharing your experience with us. Our Guests feedback is our most precious source of information in order to try to consistently improve our services and facilities.

We are as well, pleased to let you know that we are working on a project to provide the WIFI in all Guests rooms.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

First thing came up in my mind was the Orange Juice when I visited the hotel.
Bright orange on the wall was really lived up the atmosphere.
Stayed there for a night just to try the room. Room was spacious, clean and had complete ammenities inside like hair dryer, electric pot, fridge, big sofa, free internet (LAN not wireless btw, with a speed of 0.5Mbps, which is pretty decent) and even got a mini vault. The bed was very comfortable. Believe this is one of the best room in the 3 stars hotel in Jakarta.

Gym is spacious and quite complete, has locker room, and sauna room, but pool is pretty small though,

Breakfast is not included and you have to pay around 90K Rupiah, which is quite expensive considering that the hotel is located in the mall and you could've just walked out and got yourself a decent meal with half the price.

Btw, the hotel is located in Kelapa Gading area which is north of jakarta around 45 mins to an hour from the airport. About 1 to 1.5 hour to the central jakarta where almost all cbd are located.
So unless you have business near north jakarta or you just want to visit the area, then I suggest you take hotel in central jakarta area because the traffic could be very challenging.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading Jakarta, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for staying with us at HARRIS Kelapa Gading Jakarta and for taking the time to write your review.

We are glad to find out that you enjoy the overall concept of our hotel as well as our facilities. Kindly be informed that we are not a 3 star Hotel, but a 4 star. The Hotel has been classified and certified as a 4 star hotel by the Hotel Association of Indonesia.

Guest reviews are always a true and welcome source of encouragement to carry on our efforts to improve day after day our services and facilities.

Once again we thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Klang, Selangor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've checked into Harris Hotel Kelapa Gading multiple times in the past 6 weeks or so, as the organization I work for has a factory in the Pulo Gadung industrial area, and Harris is perfectly placed!

Likes: -
- Location is great! It's linked to this huge shopping mall which takes care of any needs you may have in terms of shopping and dining. It's also very convenient to get a Blue Bird taxi from the hotel
- Room is clean, comfortable and well maintained
- The staff is friendly and helpful. I would specifically commend two gentlemen at the front desk that have big smiles on their faces always, if I remember correctly, their names are Raymon and Ungga. Also, I've requested some assistance from front desk twice (one time the air-conditioning in my room wasn't really working, and the other, well, I lost the key to my luggage lock and asked for their assistance to cut the lock) and in both instances, they responded promptly. Engineering came and solved my issues at the first call.
- Oh, and I love the staff uniform. It lends to a very casual and cosy feeling when you're at the hotel. When you travel so frequently for business, sometimes this class of hotels can be quite a bit serious and boring. Not so Harris. Orange is great!
- Although small, the equipment in the fitness centre is very well maintained (or they are very new).

For dislikes, my only couple of issues have been mentioned by other reviewers, i.e. no wireless Internet in the room (there's a cable connection, which doesn't help if you are using a tablet or mobile phone) and also the use of soap instead of shower gel. But these are very small issues. In fact, I now bring my own shower gel when I know I'm staying at Harris!

When I was informed by my colleague that Harris is fully booked for my next trip, I was very disappointed to have to stay elsewhere. And that I guess says a lot about the hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request for rooms that are not facing the nearby mosque
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

We understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you. We are sincerely delighted to find out that our staff has made your stay memorable and that our facilities and services exceeded your expectations.

As you mentioned, we only provide cable connection for internet by now. But we are pleased to inform you, that we are working on a project to provide the WIFI in all Guests rooms.

For the soap, it is HARRIS standard to have soap bars instead of shower gel. We take good note of your input and we might consider it for future implementation.

General Manger