HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading
  • Breakfast included
$122
$105
  • Pool
All reviewsshopping mallbig mallnorth jakartadirect accessfree wifirooms are cleanconnecting doorconvenient locationwelcome drinkswimming poolservice staffhotel is locatedbusiness hotelrecommended hotelbusiness tripbuffet breakfastpleasant stay
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had to stay in this Hotel for one night because the Ibis Arcadia was full and one of my suppliers is nearby. I had never been to a Harris Hotel before but because of the great reviews and location, thought I would give it a try. The service at the reception was exemplary and the room was big, new, clean with a wall to wall window with some great views. I slept like a baby in the large comfortable bed. The Hotel is attached to the Kelapa Gading Mall - with some great restaurants, I ate at a vietnamese restaurant, the food was quite good, warning though it gets very full on Sundays. I really enjoyed my stay and had I not left some luggage at the Ibis might very well have defected to this Hotel for the remainder of my stay. This is not the hotel to stay at if you want to go shopping at Plaza Indonesia or Semanggi or thereabouts (depending on traffic, of which there is always too much in Jakarta, you are looking at a taxi fare of around 75 - 100k to these areas) but I like Kelapa Gading - there is something fresh about this area. I might very well give this Hotel another try when I am next in Jakarta and can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There is a good gym in the Hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank libica
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
We are delighted to read that you gave us a chance to welcome you in our hotel, and that we have been able to convert the try!
It is as well a real pleasure to read such an enthusiastic review about our hotel, its surroundings and our staffs service and behaviour.
Please, be sure that your comments have been shared and highly appreciated by the whole team, and in order, to see you again sleeping like a baby,
we are, indeed, looking forward to welcoming you very soon on your next trip to Jakarta.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I spent a total of 4 nights at the Harris Hotel in Kelapa Gading and I have to say that I'm glad I decided to give this hotel a try. From the moment I walked in everything went extremely smooth and everyone was so helpful. I'd like to give a big compliment to the entire staff, from housekeeping to the restaurant and reception. I'd also like to mention one staffmember in particular; Imelda from reception was extremely helpful during my stay, she made it so much easier for me. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonathan N
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear valued Guest,

We indeed thank you very much for having staying with and for the time you spent writing this wonderful review.
" The Harris staff makes it feel like home" is the best comment that we could receive from our Guests!!
Please be sure that your review has been highly appreciated by the all team and that we will remain focus in order to improve our services, and committed to always positively surprise you.

Again thank you very much, and we are looking forward welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

- next to kelapa gading mall hence one won't get bored & get hungry. Hotel has decent
cafe/restaurant anyway
- very bright & friendly staff & always with a smile!
- rooms were clean & adequate
- internet in room was via cable whilst in common area was wifi. Good speed on most
ocassion.
- decent size gym & pool
- hotel is located in north west area so choosing the right location for your reasons of stay is
essential in order to avoid mind-numbing traffic snarls
- would definitely return again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wisenick
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

First of all, we thank you for staying with us while being in Jakarta and we are very pleased to read that you had a good experience in our hotel.

We thank you for the time you took to write this review as our Guests' opinions are the most precious source of information. It gives us a clear vision of what our Customers are expecting.

We understand that the strategic location of the hotel next to the Kelapa Gading shopping Mall has been essential to you.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon and staying at your disposal for further assistance you may need,

Harrisly Yours,

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were here for Java Jazz Fest 2012 and chose this hotel for it's close proximity to venue. No disappointments here! After a crazy arrival at airport, the friendly and breezy check in was much welcomed. Requests were promptly met, room service was above average, cleanliness was top notch. The mall had everything we needed and the food court upstairs was GREAT (we Singaporeans are particular about our food =))
Didn't have in-house brekkie cos we knew were sleeping in after late nights at Java Jazz. Request for privacy in the mornings was respected.
Only thing was the 'just-okay' massage in room. Have had better.
I feel the young, friendly, efficient, English-speaking staff gives this hotel the awesome vibe it deserves. Kudos! Will come again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dyayisha
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and be sure that we highly appreciate your comments.

It's a true pleasure to read that you enjoyed our Hotel as creating positive feelings and emotions is our main commitment. Be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and that we stay focus to consistently improve our services.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon,

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This hotel is only good for meeting. Everything is very basic. No wifi in the room, the in room internet connection has poor safety, I got attacked by worm and my avast could not handle it. Though, the breakfast is very good. The gym is very basic, not many people use this facilities, the sauna is rarely used too. They only have 3 lifts and it takes ages to wait for, especially during peak hours. The hotel is located in the 5th floor of the Kelapa Gading Mall, good place for shopping and dining.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sbysteve
HarrisKG, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Conventions Kelapa Gading, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having staying with us, and be sure that we appreciate your comment's as our customer's feedback are our most precious source of information.
We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed our breakfast and our meetings rooms facilities.
Be sure of our continuous efforts to always improve it.

Your information about the weakness of our internet protection has grabbed our attention and we have conducted a proper investigation with our information and technology manager.
It appears that some of our websites you have visited are more favorable to worm's attacks.
Nevertheless, we would like to assure you that our internet and e-mail system are well protected. We do have a fire wall and effective anti-virus. we also monitor our systems on a daily basis.

Regarding the lift, it is true that we have been doing some workshop in order to improve our guest's comfort. Unfortunately, it takes a certain time and we are not willing to sacrifice our client's safety and security.
We are sure that you understand our concern on this important matter and kindly accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience during your stay.

About some of our facilities being "basic" such as fitness center, sauna, spa...We are pleased to write that we have already welcomed well trained Athletes on the occasion of International sports events. Those Clients were fully satisfied with our equipment and services.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time sharing your comments,
we, indeed, wish you a very pleasant day and we are looking forward welcoming you very soon.