Jakarta Island, Waterfalls & Hotspring

Book in advance
from
$196.27
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Thousand Islands
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Going there to spwnd my honeymoon at the untung jawa island. The gorgeous island with very natural design. The beach is corally, so dont expect to have a white sandy beach. Thhey have small bungalow run by local person wich amazing.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank paramasasti
Reviewed December 7, 2018

Beautiful & small islands where you can unwind for the weekend. A few of the islands also offer other activities like bikes, snorkeling, etc.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank sandeepseshan
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

The local turned their houses into homestays for those who travel in group but in fact they're just houses abandon, no decorations or convenient amenities are added. Me and my friend therefore had to ask to join a group of over 10 other people so that the accommodation problem can be solved.

Anyway, sand would be all over the place after the first hangout on the beach, when all people came back to the homestay, so pretty dirty and messy. Crowed, too. People were all over the island we stayed. In my homestay, we are provided with lunch (they brought lunch in family sharing tradition to the house for us) but after lunch nobody came to bring the dishes back. Cats were waiting for us to finish to eat the leftover. So were the flies. I have no problem with cats, let alone i love them so much that i have a car tattoo on my calf. However, this cats were sick, one was pregnant, and one had ears being eaten up by bacterias. Feel so sorry for them and couldn't help nauseating at the same time.

All the things are way too much under expectation. But I had fun with my friend. We hung out on a secluded beach where things looked ugly that nobody went there. My friend and i shared a hammock and had a good talk. So the unpleasant trip actually helped me a lot in realizing how awesome my friend was and how strong our bond was that despite all the negativities, we still enjoyed ourselves.

Date of experience: August 2018
4  Thank wandipu
Reviewed October 11, 2018

The Thousands Islands are a wonderful experience. When you go to this place (Sepa Island) you will see many islands on the way and you will believe that there might be 1000 islands in the area,All the islands have different things to do and see and you need to check that out with your tour operator. The timings also vary a lot to reach these islands.

The beaches seems to be out of your dreams. It is just not possible to explain it in words.

Clean beach, Clear water and Peaceful (if you not there in weekends or holidays). It seems like a private beach all to your self.

If you love beaches and water then this is a must.

One caution - The sea becomes really wild in the afternoons (after 2 pm) and the ride back can be very bumpy.

Date of experience: October 2018
4  Thank RajeevSingh_Ind
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This is the second day trip to the Islands for us. This time we chose Sepa. We used Java Travelindo and hired a boat for the 3 of us. Max capacity was 10 people I think. Cost was about $300US for all of us including buffet lunch on the Island and the small resort fee. There are cheaper ways to do these trips, but they involve larger boats that leave and return at set times which didn’t suit our schedules. The islands are clustered into groups with trips taking 30 60, 90 or 120 mins depending on which ones you choose to visit. Some islands have accommodation so you can stay overnight.

If you don’t like ocean travel these trips probably aren’t for you!

Back to Sepa Island which was 90 mins by speed boat from Jakarta and within sight of probably 15-20 other islands on a clear day. The resort part of the island whilst small and a little run down frankly, was a very pleasant place to spend the day. Crystal clear warm waters, lovely sandy beaches and deckchairs. There is a dive shop you can hire snorkelling gear from or arrange dive trips if you are there for longer, a small shop and the dining area. You can also rent a canoe and it looks like at times other watercraft. If you are looking for a simple escape to a beautiful island I’d say pick any of these in this region and you can’t go wrong. Take towels and swimming gear with you.

By contrast we also previously visited one of the closer resort islands Pulau Bidadari - around 20 mins from Jakarta - and the two places are worlds apart. The closer islands whilst nice, suffer from some pollution and rubbish drifting across from the mainland, although to be fair to them they make an effort to keep things as tidy as they can. The beach and sea was ok but not of the same standard as Sepa and swimming wasn’t advised. They did have a separate fresh water swimming pool but quite frankly with seas like Sepa who needs one. Even with the longer journey times I think Sepa or one of the neighbouring islands is worth the effort.

Date of experience: October 2018